Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Your e-mail provider doesn't have a built in search?
    Most do but it may not even matter. For those of you who only know the Gmails and Hotmails of the world, I'd like to introduce you to an oldie we call POP. If you happen to use a program like Outlook and POP your mailbox and at some point your computer crashed, you have lost the email.

Thats not to say you shouldn't have written down your key or found another way to back up the info, but those who think that email is as good as a safety deposit box are not considering every scenario.

Yeah, but unless you have (very) limited email space, there's no reason to use POP w/ deleting emails over IMAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Yeah, but unless you have (very) limited email space, there's no reason to use POP w/ deleting emails over IMAP.
    Correct. But if the email was setup by a "friend" who "thinks" they know what they are doing, the user could be unaware. I see this all the time to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Most do but it may not even matter. For those of you who only know the Gmails and Hotmails of the world, I'd like to introduce you to an oldie we call POP. If you happen to use a program like Outlook and POP your mailbox and at some point your computer crashed, you have lost the email.

Thats not to say you shouldn't have written down your key or found another way to back up the info, but those who think that email is as good as a safety deposit box are not considering every scenario.
    Backup regularly on an external HDD if it's that important to you. A month or 2 ago I helped my parents friend do a complete reboot of his computer, he had a bunch of adware and wanted it all just gone so we did a clean re-install. His entire career was practically in his outlook E-mails, I backed them up for him ready to restore. After I restored them and everything, he deleted the backup and somehow when he was messing around in outlook lost all his E-mails, I popped up with a copy I'd made on my external Hard Drive and everything turned out fine.

Moral of the story. It never hurts to backup data, even more than once.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    ArenaNet basically ruined GW2 for me with the requirement of that stupid serial key. I used to play GW2 and wanted to get back into it, had the same problem, made a thread on MMO-C aswell but they couldn't help me.

Contacted customer support and they basically gave me an automated bullshit response telling me to use my serial key etc etc (which I specified in the mail I did not have).

Really disappointed because I REALLY cba to purchase GW2 for a second time. The game isn't that great to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Backup regularly on an external HDD if it's that important to you. A month or 2 ago I helped my parents friend do a complete reboot of his computer, he had a bunch of adware and wanted it all just gone so we did a clean re-install. His entire career was practically in his outlook E-mails, I backed them up for him ready to restore. After I restored them and everything, he deleted the backup and somehow when he was messing around in outlook lost all his E-mails, I popped up with a copy I'd made on my external Hard Drive and everything turned out fine.

Moral of the story. It never hurts to backup data, even more than once.
    But the thing is YOU backed up his .pst file, your parents friend didn't do shit. You can tell people all day long what they should have done, but you should never expect it when talking about matters concerning their computer care, people still think its magic.