View Poll Results: generally, a poll to waste time at work.

Voters
113. This poll is closed
  • I don't like hybrid burst damage > their utility

43 38.05%
  • I don't feel this is the problem with Hybrids right now

70 61.95%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I see this as a problem stemming from Blizzards constant attempt to please everyone. I understand that subs bring in the money so they will continue to do what the masses scream for but this is what happens. Over the years people would say "I want that, its not fair toon X can do that but mine can't" and this crap is what we get.

Dps classes should do more damage, hybrids should do good damage and have most of the team utility, while healers have heavy heals with almost no real dps and a couple utilities. The problem is the game has become all about number with dps meters ruling the show. No longer do people just care about having fun and getting through content, its all about bringing whoever has the highest dps and is not stupid--thats it! (I'm speaking generally of course) This could easily be solved if they pulled a few things from healers and dps and made the hybrid classes have utility that is almost a must to have in raids and is fun for the player, then they would still be needed in both pve and pvp. Of course I know this will never happen cause it make too much sense and people will just cry that they don't have all the abilities as everyone else.

A little more on topic with OP, I believe "hybrid" dps is a bit out of control considering the extent of heals coupled with the dps. I think it's a little more inflated because of the burst in the game, maybe sustaned they arent as good which is more relevant in pve, but great burst with the ability to heal yourself and partner pull makes a huge diff in this mop bursty arena fiasco.

Disclaimer: I hate class "blancing"! The way people are screaming for, thats not balancing. Soon we will have one class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
    I see this as a problem stemming from Blizzards constant attempt to please everyone. I understand that subs bring in the money so they will continue to do what the masses scream for but this is what happens. Over the years people would say "I want that, its not fair toon X can do that but mine can't" and this crap is what we get.

Dps classes should do more damage, hybrids should do good damage and have most of the team utility, while healers have heavy heals with almost no real dps and a couple utilities. The problem is the game has become all about number with dps meters ruling the show. No longer do people just care about having fun and getting through content, its all about bringing whoever has the highest dps and is not stupid--thats it! (I'm speaking generally of course) This could easily be solved if they pulled a few things from healers and dps and made the hybrid classes have utility that is almost a must to have in raids and is fun for the player, then they would still be needed in both pve and pvp. Of course I know this will never happen cause it make too much sense and people will just cry that they don't have all the abilities as everyone else.

A little more on topic with OP, I believe "hybrid" dps is a bit out of control considering the extent of heals coupled with the dps. I think it's a little more inflated because of the burst in the game, maybe sustaned they arent as good which is more relevant in pve, but great burst with the ability to heal yourself and partner pull makes a huge diff in this mop bursty arena fiasco.

Disclaimer: I hate class "blancing"! The way people are screaming for, thats not balancing. Soon we will have one class.
    pretty rare on this board that i can't argue with anything said in a lengthy post.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would think that hybrids would be more about utility then pures, but as you clearly stated and proven that's simply not the case. From my point of view the logical explanation for this is simply the bases of what both sides bring to the table:

Hybrid: Damage,Utility, and on demand healing to any friendly target.
    Pure: Damage, Utility.

So since the amount of dps both sides need to do has to be roughly the same (for PvE) the "Damage" portion of both sides cancel each other out. So that just leaves Utility(pure) Vs. Utility and healing (hybrid). So the only way to answer the question of "Why should I bring a pure?" is "More Utility". As it stands it's the only way it can be done right now for this current expansion. This is how I end up seeing it from my point of view.

There are no hybrids in this game anymore. Havn't been for years. There are locked down trees and the abilities of DPS specs in game are balanced to the same degree as other pure dps classes. There is not a single DPS spec in the game that no longer has dmg reducing or healing effects that work the same way as those of hybrids. Secondly... if hybrids are healing... then its not efficient and in ALL cases they are not able to do any burst damage while healing.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 04:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ozone View Post

So why should a dps spec pure class do more dmg than DPS spec hybrid class? How are you going to justify that in PVE ? Because they can use their "utility there"? No they can't. Because they can switch specs if they want to do other roles ? No... Thats what only Pure classes can do and that way have MORE utility in the same gear than any hybrid class in the current expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    So why should a dps spec pure class do more dmg than DPS spec hybrid class? How are you going to justify that in PVE ? Because they can use their "utility there"? No they can't. Because they can switch specs if they want to do other roles ? No... Thats what only Pure classes can do and that way have MORE utility in the same gear than any hybrid class in the current expansion.
    Honestly I would love to reply to this with a resonable response but I have no idea what you are trying to say. I can't follow this comment at all. I think you are disagreeing with me wich is fine. I'm not saying right now they can, I was saying what Blizzard should do but won't because the masses want every class to have all the same spells (different names).

Heres an idea, make hybrid classes have one spec healer, one spec utility (like a tank or special utility nobody has) with weaker dps and light heals, and thrid spec pure dps with no healing? Pallys are close to this already, take away ret healing, give more defense "utility" and sustained higher dps. Prot healing is garbage already so leave it. Just tossing out ideas, I like reading my own posts lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramaloce View Post
    You would think that hybrids would be more about utility then pures, but as you clearly stated and proven that's simply not the case. From my point of view the logical explanation for this is simply the bases of what both sides bring to the table:

Hybrid: Damage,Utility, and on demand healing to any friendly target.
    Pure: Damage, Utility.

So since the amount of dps both sides need to do has to be roughly the same (for PvE) the "Damage" portion of both sides cancel each other out. So that just leaves Utility(pure) Vs. Utility and healing (hybrid). So the only way to answer the question of "Why should I bring a pure?" is "More Utility". As it stands it's the only way it can be done right now for this current expansion. This is how I end up seeing it from my point of view.
    yea i would say this is a pretty good point, imo. i was basically suggesting they bring back hybrid tax from BC to skew the equation you pointed out of D/u/Hof hybrids vs D/U of pures.

so much damage in MoP means you basically need less utility to land kills. IE - you don't need my lock to chain a couple fears together or even land a CS when we kill in 1 full fear and silence.. whats the point of spammable CC then really? [<- slight exaggeration but you catch my drift.. more util. is useless if classes can just kill in a single CC window.]