Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What if Blizzard put custom titles for characters in the cash shop for $40?

This obviously isn't true...but your reaction if it was?

EDIT. READ. IMPORTANT:Guys, the thread question is "What would your reaction be if blizzard put customable titles up in the cash shop for $40?"

Most people replying seem to think it's "Is $40 a fair price for custom titles if they were to be put up on the cash shop or is this too much?"
    Last edited by Genooo; 2013-07-30 at 12:50 PM.

Too expensive. And they'd need to lock out current and future raid titles that may or may not be obtainable anymore like Jenkins, Death Demise.

On the flipside, they'd also need to block out vulgar words.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Genooo View Post
    This obviously isn't true...but your reaction if it was?
    Way to click bait...

Would never happen, especially not for 40$.

This obviously isn't true
    Going things as they are, this actually wouldn't be too far fetched.

OT: Don't care, I never payed much attention to titles.

Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    Way to click bait...

Would never happen, especially not for 40$.
    It wouldn't be to surprising considering it costs $55 to faction and server change one character.....

Might as well start selling epic gears, why not the game jumped the shark anyway. As far as i'm concerned they might as well put everything up for sale.

What if Blizzard puts fully epicced lv 95 characters in the cash shop for 1000$? I mean..as long as we are making stuff up?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

I wouldn't care, as long as they deliver enough to me who doesn't use the store at all.

Mechagnome
    I guess u mean $40 and you can change how many times u want?

Dreadlord
    I wouldn't buy one, 40 dollar/euro is too much.

If cheaper, I'd possibly buy one, but they'd need to make it freely customizable at will.

Imagine all the fake Hands of A'dal

Wouldn't care, titles mean next to nothing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What if Blizzard puts fully epicced lv 95 characters in the cash shop for 1000$? I mean..as long as we are making stuff up?
    if someone is willing to pay 1000 Euro/dollar to get a level 95er then i don't mind him buying one.
    It's his money if he wants to throw it away like that.

I'm 95 in a week or less once the next expansion hits x)
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

It wouldn't be to surprising considering it costs $55 to faction and server change one character.....
    That's two things. Why not just add all the possible transactions you can do at one time to say, "See? Blizzard can be THIS crazy!"

Wasn't it possible to buy a title in game for the Isle of QD faction? Sth like 5000 gold? Or does my memory fail me. Did we have "slippery slope" threads back then?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

That means they would want to quit the game.

Since ppl are going to boycott them.

too expensive, but it could help out for some roleplayers (surnames and / or ranks)

Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Make it surnames and make it cost 10$, then we will talk.

Wasn't it possible to buy a title in game for the Isle of QD faction? Sth like 5000 gold? Or does my memory fail me. Did we have "slippery slope" threads back then?
    ... because the title was obtainable in game for reputation and in game gold. This is, of course, completely different than something obtainable only for real-world cash on top of already paying a monthly subscription fee.

Is that simple enough to understand?
    Just a few examples of typical conservatives. Read at your own risk:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Totally cool with abortion in rape scenarios, but making it widely available or expecting employers to provide it incentivizes women to whore themselves out and creates a nuisance
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The reason many people are poor is because they DONT save any spare money they have. They blow it on things to entertain them or make them happy

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    Make it surnames and make it cost 10$, then we will talk.
    My point -----------

Your head ----------

I say do it.