Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm betting he might play a role in the future with Sylvanas; as currently both the Argent Crusade and Ebon Blade are watching the Forsaken quite closely since they've gained the power to recruit more Scourge. The moment she turns into a Lich Queen of sorts, they'll probably bust out the 'bringer and wage war.

With Frostmourne shattered, the "new" Lich King probably needs a weapon. Plus, Ashbringer is orange, so it would suit his motif!

It will fuse with Tirion's corpse and become a sentient human/naaru shard hybrid.

But seriously I just hope it stays in the Argent Crusade (or what ever its name changes to when the time comes)

Turalyon is as old as Tirion now, so I don't see that happening. Besides, he's already got a legendary weapon - the Royal Great Sword once wielded by Lothar.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Judging by current trends in Warcraft lore, it will be given to Sunwalker Dezco or Lady Liadrin.
    Because the Ashbringer is the Alliance's special snowflake?

Turalyon obsession aside, I think the weapon belongs in the hands of a Paladin who at least went through the Third War, as the blade itself did. After Tirion, hard to think of many named Paladins still of relevance as NPCs. If they went the Paladin direction with Anduin, maybe, but they clearly aren't leaning that way.

I think Maxwell Tyrosus would probably be the best choice to take the blade whenever Tirion has no further need of it. Most of the human sorts I could think of who are still alive are pretty static NPCs without much development; at least Tyrosus has been around for a long time, and always right in the thick of it. Liadrin would not be too far down my list of choices, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Because the Ashbringer is the Alliance's special snowflake?

Turalyon obsession aside, I think the weapon belongs in the hands of a Paladin who at least went through the Third War, as the blade itself did. After Tirion, hard to think of many named Paladins still of relevance as NPCs. If they went the Paladin direction with Anduin, maybe, but they clearly aren't leaning that way.

I think Maxwell Tyrosus would probably be the best choice to take the blade whenever Tirion has no further need of it. Most of the human sorts I could think of who are still alive are pretty static NPCs without much development; at least Tyrosus has been around for a long time, and always right in the thick of it. Liadrin would not be too far down my list of choices, though.
    it could return to the hands of Darion mograine. Alexandros himself said that one day he would be rdy. Ofcourse he didn't knew darion already sacrificed himself for his father. but maybe darion will become that what Alexandros thought he would become? and don't forget! the blade chooses its wielder. not the other way around.
    Last edited by ghostblade; 2013-06-24 at 11:43 PM.

No Tusk Club.

He'll give it to Anduin.

Nat Pagle is the next wielder of the Ashbringer of course. He will fish it up one day outside scholomance. And that letter from alterac valley was planted there by the infinite dragonflight.

give it to the lich king

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    I lol'd hard. That's Knaak for you.
    Knaak has nothing to do with Med'an
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Return it to the dwarves that made it?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    it could return to the hands of Darion mograine. Alexandros himself said that one day he would be rdy. Ofcourse he didn't knew darion already sacrificed himself for his father. but maybe darion will become that what Alexandros thought he would become? and don't forget! the blade chooses its wielder. not the other way around.
    That has to be the most misunderstood dialogue by an NPC in the whole game. Past!Alexandros told Past!Darion that as a father would say it to a son. He was not pronouncing a prophecy. Darion is never going to wield that weapon again in its present and uncorrupted form. It would probably be harmful to him to try, given its history.

As for the blade choosing the wielder, that doesn't seem to be represented in the lore about that weapon at all.

I'm going to stick with Maxwell Tyrosus. Anduin if he were a Paladin. Liadrin would probably be my #3 choice. If they wanted to start building some story for one of the NPCs that currently is just a hollow shell, like the Stormwind pally trainers, I would kinda prefer they elevate a female as well. There's at least one in there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    I'd assume it would stay with the Argent Crusade. Regardless it's not like it came from space, it was made by a dwarf so someone else could just make a better one.
    Well, technically.. :P The material of the disc inside the sword was some weird object warlocks from draenor used (SPACE! :P), that was purified and augmented into the sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either enshrined only to be used in moments of crisis, or the current leader of the Crusade will use it as a symbol of the Light.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Though he's been neutral for a wee bit longer, Tirion is essentially the Alliance-equivalent to Thrall.

Expect him to outlive the game itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Well, technically.. :P The material of the disc inside the sword was some weird object warlocks from draenor used (SPACE! :P), that was purified and augmented into the sword.
    More specifically, it was the remains of a corrupted windchime spaceangel that the founders of the Scarlet Crusade purified back when they still wore Lordaeron's colors.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Hunters Will need on it.

Whats the big deal with the Ashbringer anyway? Just a weapon, kinda kills undead, yeah, but the only thing special about it is a purified crystal thingy. During our adventure in WoW we encountered many more purified crystal thingys, guess we can start making a production line of Ashbringers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    More specifically, it was the remains of a corrupted windchime spaceangel that the founders of the Scarlet Crusade purified back when they still wore Lordaeron's colors.
    Well we know where to get those.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Judging by current trends in Warcraft lore, it will be given to Sunwalker Dezco or Lady Liadrin.
    I'm not sure how stable Dezco will be mentally with all these low blows coming at him.

The toss between Liadrin and Turalyon would be interesting to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.