Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Vol'Jin will be the new Warchief

Sorry for putting the title as if it was a fact and as if I had inside info, but that is where the story seem to be heading to.

I've some points I would like you to consider (Excuse my english, it's not my native tongue)

1) He has been getting the lore spotlight for quite some time now. Garrosh obviously thought he was the most dangerous Horde leader out there and that's why he plotted to kill him. Then Vol'Jin went into hiding and plotted to depose Garrosh and save the Horde he knew and loved. He has been the one that has been doing most of the thinking and muscle job in the rebellion. They are building him to be the Savior, so to speak. And he has the support of the majority of the Horde's leaders, even Thrall. This is particularly important in rebuilding Orc relationships with the rest of the world, as Thrall is regarded in high esteem by most folk. The fact that Thrall sort of green-lighted Vol'Jin and openly supports him means, in my opinion, that he is seeking to redeem the mistake he made when he gave the Warchief mantle to Garrosh. He wouldn't risk supporting a person he didn't see fit to lead the Horde, because his mistake with Garrosh has brought too much pain, war and death.

2) After this war, and Garrosh's racism (and therefore a lot of Orc racism vs other Horde races), Orcs are not going be as important as they as been in the Horde. I still think they will be the biggest, most numerous driving force behind it, but in much less emphasis than pre-Garrosh crisis. Orcs numbers will dwindle, as well as that of the rest of the Horde races involved in the civil war. Who has the best possibilities of recruiting new allies to bolster the Horde? Vol'Jin and the Trolls. There are Trolls in every corner of Azeroth. They are powerful, yet divided. After the Zandalar War is over and the thoughts of a new Troll Empire are put to the ground, the closest thing that the trolls could get that could resemble that new Troll Empire would be the Horde. With Vol'Jin at the helm, I wouldn't be surprised if the Zanladar and the rulers of each particular non-Darkspear troll tribe would want to, at least, parley with him...and ask him to recruit warriors from each tribe so they could prove their might and all that (Trolls are prideful and full of ego, after all). At the end of the day all the Zandalar want is to save the troll race from extinction. Obviously fighting the Horde and the Alliance is not going to work. Their best bet to achieve that goal would be to fix their relationships with Vol'Jin's Horde.

3) Vol'Jin has worked with the Alliance in the past to help face the Zandalari threat. This is mean he is a known face in the Alliance and he can be diplomatic; the opposite of Garrosh. And now that I think off, I dont think Vol'Jin is hated by anyone in the Alliance lore-wise.

4) Time for a non-Orc Warchief, yay or nay? I'd say Yes. And which race is the closest to the original Horde, built mostly upon Orcish traditions? Forsaken? Not by a mile. Blood Elves are too sophisticated and beautiful for a "Blood and Thunder Horde"? Goblins just care about the coin. That leaves you with Trolls and Tauren. Two warrior races with strong ties to nature. But since Vol'Jin has the spotlight, my safest bet would be for a Troll.

5) He's got a new book coming out and he got a model rework. While that is not proof of anything and correlation does not imply causation, that ought to count for something.

TL : DR version

1) Vol'Jin is being presented as the Savior of the Horde.
    2) Vol'Jin can help replace all the casualties of this civil war accepting the aid of the rest of the Troll tribes.
    3) Vol'Jin has proven to be diplomatic.
    4) A non-Orc warchief would be refreshing, and Trolls seem to be the go-to guys.
    5) He got some love.

So you realized that you are stating this thread as fact instead of speculation but did not change the title just so you can get people in here to read and comment on your thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, you are probably right.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

In one of these late novels he got bribed by the Zandalar to join their ranks, he refused this time.

But looking at the history record on troll leaders...would you trust a troll?

And this wouldn't surprise anyone as blizzard had claimed it would. The question is, if there is room for a real surprise anyways, i only see 2 viable choices and they are not what i prefere for this position, but will do ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin can eat my nuts. That dude is annoying. I'd rather have Garrosh instead of him.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

We want Vol'jin to be Warchief.

However, it actuallity, it is going to be Thrallolololol. AKA: Goel! Goel! Goel! Goel! Goel! Goel! Goel! Goel!

You can thank Metzen for that. If you expect anyone else, you're going to be disappointed.

I really hope Blizzard makes me eat my words though, as in this case they would be pretty damn delicious. I'd love to see Vol'jin as Warchief, it's just not gonna happen. Not while Chris Metzen is in charge of the story. Sorry.

Deleted
    No.

I hope to hell it won't be him as I don't think he would do well at all, it will probs go back to Thrall and we will all live happily ever after.

Part of me wants George R Martin to write the ending to this though, as then it would be a tension fuelled encounter as we would be guessing who would make it out alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, your just trying to enforce an idea of a situation on people who themselves have just as many wild speculations as you do about this current issue.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a bit of a forgone conclusion right now, yeah. He's the one with the unique model and the new novel to flesh him out.

I won't mind it if it happens. He's a pretty cool character.

as a troll this pleases me.

its gonna be a council headed by vol'jin until thralls kid grows up and takes full control. otherwise, why even go with the whole thrall will not return as warchief but we have to make sure everyone knows he knocked up agatha, storyline?

**btw***

thrall's gonna die or dissapear or do something and not be around anymore. my guess is, he's gonna sacrifice himself to save garrosh's soul or something at the very end so both their souls can reach the ancestors, since it was him who put garrosh on the throne.
    Last edited by rnbwtrout; 2013-06-24 at 11:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    In one of these late novels he got bribed by the Zandalar to join their ranks, he refused this time.

And this wouldn't surprise anyone as blizzard had claimed it would. The question is, if there is room for a real surprise anyways, i only see 2 viable choices and they are not what i prefere for this position, but will do ok.
    darkspear trolls are the exception

no, vol'jin has become more like thrall in terms of 'horde is family' but has that extra cunning and cautiousness that thrall most of the time forgets.
    Vol'jin is not verily aggressive towards the alliance, yet he would engage them in battle if it has a clear advantage for the horde, whilst thrall just would negotiate first and take actions when it is too late and garrosh would zerg rush it all the casualties included.

Vol'jin should have become the warchief when thrall went uber hippie. out of all (few) people who thrall bonded with and shared experiences with, i'd defo pick Voljin > Garrosh.

Vol'jin is the effing strategist of the horde - he knows when to take crucial steps and move the pawns when necessary.

I also blame thrall for what will happen to garrosh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Which is why it will be the belf.

Could generally speaking put all those points on him as well
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post

Vol'jin's tribe is special among trolls in that they're the nerdy kid that kept getting bullied in school, grew up, became a world-class MMA fighter, and now they're kicking the shit out of the guys who bullied them in school after the bullies begged them for help. With that in mind, the Darkspears are also exceptionally progressive as trolls go: they outlawed cannibalism, treat non-trolls with civility and mean it, live in close proximity to another race without regularly getting into fights (well, until recently, but this is more will-of-the-people revolution than 'that asshole's too close, let's go invade and torch a few villages for giggles')...

Point being, you really can't use the precedent of the other trolls with Vol'jin. The dude totally thinks on a whole different train than the other tribes do.
    Last edited by Thage; 2013-06-24 at 11:29 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I agree, my money is on Vol'jin. I think blizzard is showing more so than ever after we defeated Deathwing and the aspects are powerless that WE, the players, are now the driving force of good and change in Azeroth. We helped Vol'jin, he didn't help us. Sure he fanned the flames of revolution, but he was the one poisoned etc, we came to HIS aid. He'll be a "peoples leader" the Horde will be more unified with an equal representation of the races that aren't Orcs.

Didn't they say at the last Blizzcon we are getting our Warchief back? The core of the game is Orcs vs. Humans afterall.

He's my personal pick but not sure if it'll be him or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course not, it's gonna be Thrall.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

/Sigh

Vol'Jin is a bad leader. He can barely lead his own people let alone the whole Horde. If you look at the Darkspear history, half their military strategy seems to just be retreating. He even managed to loose the Echo Isles.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    We want Vol'jin to be Warchief.

However, it actuallity, it is going to be Thrallolololol. AKA: Goel! Goel! Goel! Goel! Goel! Goel! Goel! Goel!

You can thank Metzen for that. If you expect anyone else, you're going to be disappointed.

I really hope Blizzard makes me eat my words though, as in this case they would be pretty damn delicious. I'd love to see Vol'jin as Warchief, it's just not gonna happen. Not while Chris Metzen is in charge of the story. Sorry.
    Unfortunately, you're wrong. Blizz is going to kill off Thrall. With the way they've been sucking the playerbases' dick lately, they held a meeting and said "Look, ppl are crapping their shorts! They are saying Green Jesus! They are saying that they are quitting because of mary sue! Guys! Let's kill him! That way ppl will like us!".

People don't like thrall because it's fashionable to hate the popular choice. That's the way it's always been. That's the way it'll always be. But secretly they love him. Because it let's them have something to bitch about. We could walk into Garrosh's room where we fight him, and thrall could be getting ass banged with a ball gag in his mouth by the entire Kor'kron, and ppl would still be like "SEE! METZEN CAN'T DO ANYTHING WITHOUT THRALL!! MAERHYZ SUZA!!"
    Last edited by Seezer; 2013-06-24 at 11:37 PM.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G