Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    Install drivers from nVidia, not the ones Windows 8 is using... you'll need to download them from their website.
    Of course. 320.18 from NVidia. Im wondering if its a chipset or other driver issue. Because I'm also overscanning a lot of games too. ( where the game extends beyond my tv screen )

  2. #22
    Dreadlord vmagik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Acherus
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    Install drivers from nVidia, not the ones Windows 8 is using... you'll need to download them from their website.
    http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win8-...driver-uk.html seems fine :-P

    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...adType=Drivers
    Amazing signature courtesy of Shyama

  3. #23
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,685
    Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    Install drivers from nVidia, not the ones Windows 8 is using... you'll need to download them from their website.
    Download the nVidia Geforce experience and it will tell you (or auto update it) when your card has a new driver. Makes it super easy. Can also optimize all your games for you if you want.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-06-25 at 03:09 AM.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    Install drivers from nVidia, not the ones Windows 8 is using... you'll need to download them from their website.
    Thanks for mentioning that. For whatever reason that skipped my mind and I hadn't done that yet.

  5. #25
    The guy has the latest drivers from Nvidia. Stop telling the guy to download the latest drivers from Nvidia!

    OP, I have the same processor and RAM, but I have an EVGA 04G-P4-3687-KR card and I run at 2560 x 1600 (better than 1080p for the noobs who use the term "1080p" in computing), and my game runs like crap in Windowed mode, always has no matter what set up, video card, or screen size I've used.

    Without windowed mode, I have ALL settings maxed, and even at my resolution, I rarely drop below 60fps.

    I'm assuming though that your exact set up, even using a TV as a monitor, with Windows 7 yielded better performance? The only thing that has changed is the OS?

  6. #26
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H77%2...load&os=Win864
    This is my motherboard. I installed these drivers ( not all ), but I did the important ones.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 11:18 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    The guy has the latest drivers from Nvidia. Stop telling the guy to download the latest drivers from Nvidia!

    OP, I have the same processor and RAM, but I have an EVGA 04G-P4-3687-KR card and I run at 2560 x 1600 (better than 1080p for the noobs who use the term "1080p" in computing), and my game runs like crap in Windowed mode, always has no matter what set up, video card, or screen size I've used.

    Without windowed mode, I have ALL settings maxed, and even at my resolution, I rarely drop below 60fps.

    I'm assuming though that your exact set up, even using a TV as a monitor, with Windows 7 yielded better performance? The only thing that has changed is the OS?
    Yes. Just went from windows 7 to windows 8.

  7. #27
    This is sad and unfortunate. Do you have another monitor to try with a similar 1920 x 1080 resolution (or little larger or smaller). A monitor, not a TV? Then test it not in Windowed mode?

    I've read something recently about Windowed mode and 5.3...hmm...

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    This is sad and unfortunate. Do you have another monitor to try with a similar 1920 x 1080 resolution (or little larger or smaller). A monitor, not a TV?
    Na. Just the same hdtv I have been using since 2010. I also just remembered something. Even my screen saver doesn't work properly. The timing is right ( 5 min ), but it just goes black with a loading circle where my mouse is and I have to click on the screen or hit space bar to make the screen saver go away.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 11:27 PM ----------

    This is fantastic. I went to load up wow in fullscreen and it overscanned. Exited wow and now my windows desktop is in overscan mode now. Can only see half of the taskbar and everything else is underneath the outside edges of the tv. I hate you windows 8...

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 10:29 AM ----------

    Fixed -
    I went directly to Intel's website and grabbed the latest versions of the Management Engine, HD Graphics drivers and the INF ( chipset ) drivers. Then I went to Realtek's website and grabbed the latest Sound and Ethernet drivers.

    Once installed and updated, I went into device manager and disabled Intel's HD Graphics from running so only my Nvidia 660 TI was working.

    I also removed Lucid Virtu MVP ( whatever the latest version was ). Was supposed to help with gaming...

    I then ran Ccleaner and Registry Mechanic 11.1 to clean up my system.

    I now have 55-60 fps all the time in Stormwind now with graphics maxed besides ssao and shadows with Directx 11 enabled. But for some reason I have to leave multi-sampling at 1x. If I go to anything higher, wow will overscan my tv. Weird.

    Doing all of this also fixed my movie maker crashing issue and my screen saver now works properly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •