Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
LastLast
  1. #181
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    101
    There's far too much nostalgia in the video. Saying VoA was fun and good was my favourite part. There was nothing fun about VoA loot pinatas.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    Even the dailies it launched with, all those pvp dailies in Grizzly hills, the Argent Crusade stuff in Zul'Drak,Son of Hodir and Frostborn in Storm Peaks, Knights of the Ebon Blade and those totally random dailies in icecrown, then there was the Kalu'ak across 3 zones, everyday flying out to do that 1 daily in howling fjord for the explorer's league rep too, then there was the professions dailies.

    I just don't understand how people don't remember this
    Yep. I like Crendor, but his rant is completely off-base and confused.

    Back during Wrath dailies were manditory for raiders. Manditory! Don't have Sons of Hodir rep - no shoulder enchants. Don't have certain other factions - no head enchant.

    In MoP they aren't manditory - they just speed up the gearing process and unlock enchantments that you could get off someone else on the AH anyway. If you're raiding you can completely skip the dailies since even the gear from MSV outstrips any Rep rewards you're likely to get within the next month or so.

    People just need something to complain about, even if its something completely stupid. Like all those people in early Cata whining that they were 'forced' to do Archaelogy because there were a few decent weapons you could get - despite the fact you could get better weapons from raiding.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Either you spend 20 minutes each night doing Tiller dailies or you pony up tens of thousands of gold for the food you're going to need on this week's progression raid.
    Only 1 Tiller daily rewards a cooking token, so just do that one. Planting crops+1 daily takes me >10 mins.

    Having watched both the videos presented in the thread, I can't say I agree with much either because they miss the context of why these "bad" features were added.

    So lets take LF as a concept, well LFG was introduced in WotLK because THE COMMUNITY (that's us) started using an addon called GearScore to determine somebodies worth. If you didn't have the gear then you became a social pariah because the PUG community was only interested in people with XXX GS (now known as ilvl).

    Once we went down the LFG rabbit hole then new problems started to manifest because you could actively get away with being a dick now due to the anonymity, something in the past you wouldn't be able to do because you were on a closed server, if people didn't like you then that's your character progression ended or you pay for a name change.

    So now the communities all hyped that the LF crowd is full of mouth breathing fucktards who don't give a shit about anything, why they are playing at all is a mystery to me.....but whatever it's irrelevant. Why is it irrelevant? Well because it's easy to fix this, you find friends like you used to and you play the game with them. Don't like the LF scene? Well get the fuck out and find a fucking guild!

    People want to complain about social isolation and lack of interaction but it's not Blizzard's jobs to make you develop social skills, that's your parents. Hopefully Flex might fix most of this by giving casual's something that's worth finding other people you can at least tolerate to do them with.

    But still why should Blizzard have to force people to make friends? Surely that's your own fucking problem and if you can't then don't play an MMO, it's not your genre.

  4. #184
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,919
    I agree in some points and disagree in others.

    I DISAGREE

    -Linear quests... i do agree that is kind of annoying and boring cause you have to do these then these and then these..., but i actually like the fact that in one zone have 1 big story, not like in GW2 that... i have 1 quests that is.. hey help me kill these spiders cause they are killing my dogs! and then you go to another quest giver in the same zone and he's like... hey could you kill those bandits they are stealing my products, but... one don't have anything to do with the other!!!!, at least with these linear quests we have a big story, like the war between the Jinyu and the hozen, there we have a big story that explain the conflict between these two and we see how they take a side, that's pretty cool!

    -Raids: the lastests raids have been good, you could compare ToT with Ulduar (Ulduar is still better)

    I AGREE

    -Lore: Is true that Wrath was more "lore-wise" epic, but that's because we actually have a big story behind it, and they just had to develope it, but with MoP everything was new, new races, new characters, new lore, new everything, in Wrath we had:

    -Same Mayor Characters
    -New Minor Character who were working with/for the Mayor Character we all knew
    -Some New Races
    -Some Known Races
    -New lore for the things we already knew (is more interesting to see more lore of someone or something that we know than something totally new)

    In others words we had a little bit of everything, that's why it was more epic

    -Daily Quests: i don't have much to add here, but i think Blizz at least should create the dailys areas like the Firelands dailys at leas you could feel that you're making progress and not just doing the same over and over again

  5. #185
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    14,225
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Daily Quests: i don't have much to add here, but i think Blizz at least should create the dailys areas like the Firelands dailys at leas you could feel that you're making progress and not just doing the same over and over again
    Phasing makes a lot less sense when you stop to think about it and contributes to people being segregated and the world not feeling alive. They chose to present 'dynamic' events in real time. So you still get your progress, but you will miss out on it if you aren't playing when it is new.

    Ex: ToT and Barrens stuff that changes over time.
    BAD WOLF

  6. #186
    I watched a little bit of it earlier, and he mentioned the lack of reward from leveling ever since talent trees were condensed in Cata/MoP. I think this is a double-edged sword, since the new talent system is excellent for end-game, but awful for leveling, due to the perceived lack of reward from gaining levels and the lack of customisation.

    Extra Credits did some great topics talking about this recently where they discussed how the way something "feels" in a game is often more important than how technically "better" it is for gameplay. The new talent system is a great example of this, much like the talent system in Diablo III. Both of them work much better from an end-game perspective, and they strip out the illusion of choice we had before, but the game hasn't compensated in any way by giving us neat little points we can click on to see our stats increasing. The talent system *feels* less rewarding, even though from a design perspective it's strictly better in pretty much all areas.

    But yeah, I haven't seen the rest of it so far. For what it's worth I don't think Crendor is a fantastic critic, though, at least not when he's talking off the top of his head. He does often have some good points to make, and he's pretty unbiased about it, but he's not great at articulating them clearly and concisely, and he doesn't often think things all the way through. I think he'd benefit a lot from scripting, or at least bullet-pointing his discussions like this.

  7. #187
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main
    Posts
    1,948
    His opinion is valid. Wotlk was the best time of the game for me aswell however I'd never want to go back to that screwed up game it was before. The game is changing and so are the players. If I was in middle or highschool I'd play 16 hours a day raid in a hardcore guild. But now I'm an adult and have to take responsibility with real life so stuff like LFG and LFR keeps me playing. If it wasnt for LFR and Oqueue addon (for rated bg pugs since I play on a dead server where it is impossible to pug anything) I'd quit. Oh and the linear quests well I do enjoy those more and always used quest helper/thottbot anyway so nothing really changed.

  8. #188
    Dreadlord Adlian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    996
    Cant blizzard just get the best parts from every expansion and put them into a single expansion... I also agree about Wotlk being the best expansion so far.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Only 1 Tiller daily rewards a cooking token, so just do that one. Planting crops+1 daily takes me >10 mins.
    You're disregarding the fact that those dailies also award charms and VP. Since Blizzard consciously decided to forego portals in MoP, it's going to take another 5-10 minutes to fly to a different set of dailies. Because I'm already in the area I feel compelled to do the dailies in the vicinity as well. Again, I can choose not to do them, but then I'm penalized by having to fly somewhere else or by missing out on loot rolls. The key here is that regardless of what I choose I feel penalized.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    So now the communities all hyped that the LF crowd is full of mouth breathing fucktards who don't give a shit about anything, why they are playing at all is a mystery to me.....but whatever it's irrelevant. Why is it irrelevant? Well because it's easy to fix this, you find friends like you used to and you play the game with them. Don't like the LF scene? Well get the fuck out and find a fucking guild!
    What's wrong with the term "new players?" I think it has a friendlier ring to it than "mouth breathing fucktards who don't give a shit about anything," don't you? Instead of complaining about these players why don't you try mentoring them? If they can't be mentored then just /ignore them and you won't have to deal with them ever again. You might even get lucky once in a while and make a new friend. If this is how you're regarding your fellow players it's no wonder you don't enjoy LF*.
    Last edited by Ronduwil; 2013-06-25 at 07:52 PM.

  10. #190
    Pit Lord Frolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway, Lørenskog
    Posts
    2,255
    About dailies in WOTL, how many of those did u NEED to do to be able to buy ur badge gear....
    Only Sons were needed to get the shoulder enchant, but that was more or less it
    I dont count the "daily" for HCs and weekly for raids
    I put the laughter in manslaughter
    Blood DK problems: to many ppl at daily place, cant pull 8packs *cries*
    BF3>CoD Cola>Pepsi PC>Mac Xbox>PS3

  11. #191
    Pit Lord Knadra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Minato-Ku, Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    2,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Even if someone declared the absolute and only completely objective truth about the state of the game, most people would disagree with him or her, because the behaviour you see here is nothing but bandwagon / angry crowd with pitchforks phenomena where all the fanboys come out to, together, violently and at all costs protect the sanctity of the game they're addicted to.

    I think wowcrendor's opinion has merit and stands on it's own, being an important opinion just like any one person's opinion on what they admit they don't enjoy about the game. The only remark I have to make is that well ... it's funny to see people rant who used to be part of the bandwagon before going against anyone who had criticism against the game. Many of his earlier videos reek of fanboyism...
    Its an opinion up to a point, most people here disagreeing with him aren't denying the game has problems but he was just blatantly wrong about some things he said in the video such as what he said about dailies. He looked at the game from an incredibly biased point of view.

    Now that is fine except when you want other people to agree with you. The game isn't something personal to him, changes to WoW affect everyone here and that is why you should be vocal about other opinions. It is not just one person's game.

  12. #192
    Immortal True Anarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Shadowlag Valley
    Posts
    7,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Its an opinion up to a point, most people here disagreeing with him aren't denying the game has problems but he was just blatantly wrong about some things he said in the video such as what he said about dailies. He looked at the game from an incredibly biased point of view.

    Now that is fine except when you want other people to agree with you. The game isn't something personal to him, changes to WoW affect everyone here and that is why you should be vocal about other opinions. It is not just one person's game.
    I'm still of the opinion anyway that he wasn't trying to publish his opinion to an open crowd, but was mostly trying to explain to his channel and viewers why he was making less WoW videos than usual, with him just rambling on a bit and touching on the things he didn't like too much in his own experience. I think it's quite clear that he had no intention of posting or aiming this video here, since he would've posted himself here then like he has done immediately with nearly all his other warcraft videos...
    The cheapest form of pride is national pride. The man who possesses outstanding personal qualities will rather see most clearly the faults of his own nation, for he has them constantly before his eyes. But every miserable fool, who has nothing in the world whereof he could be proud, resorts to being proud of the very nation to which he belongs. In this he finds compensation and is now ready and thankful to defend, … all the faults and follies peculiar to it. - Schopenhauer

  13. #193
    Meh, Wow celeb making vids bitching about wow.. seems weird.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Agree with questing feeling somewhat more linear (Only real choice is Krassarang or Valley, Most likely you will do parts of KLS, Townlong and Dread Wastes.). Apart from that most of that seemed to me to be Nostalgia. I did like Wrath, but we've moved on since then. They also scaled Wintergrasp up to 90, same with Tol'barad. Also, he complains about Tol'barad, but if Blizzard just copied and pasted Wintergrasp into Cataclysm the tears would have turned Azeroth into a sea of tears with little else.
    The problem with WG and TB now is that they are pretty much pointless, since honor gear is so terrible and they don't give CP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    But the currency for food was not shared with the currency for vanity items back then. If you did the Dalaran cooking daily (there was only one per day and it only took a couple of minutes) you got northern spices (for food) as well as a cooking award (for vanity items and recipes). So you didn't feel like you were depriving your guild of food when you were grinding for vanity items. Also the prices on that stuff on the AH are sky high. This into the feeling of being penalized. Either you spend 20 minutes each night doing Tiller dailies or you pony up tens of thousands of gold for the food you're going to need on this week's progression raid.
    You can buy marks with food that takes 3 minutes to farm a day. It's really not as bad as you make claim... nor does it take 20 minutes to do the dailies that provide the marks.

  16. #196
    The topic is interesting; however the guy in the video seems mildly clueless/confused and his points don't really make sense.

    He is praising WotLK as the best expansion, that alone just made me cringe...

    My personal take on the game is that it has undergone so many changes now, that I can't recognize it from Vanilla. Warrior combat in particular feels horrible right now. I used to like the sense of "I'm wielding a huge ass two handed weapon, and when I get a swing off I will do a huge amount of damage" that existed in Vanilla.

    In MoP it's more like swinging around a cardboard cutout of a sword, doing 2-3 swings per second with no big impact whatsoever. It's like wielding a dagger in two hands.

    Casters are messed up now with the whole running while casting things that has been given to almost every class. I absolutely despised what they did to Fire mages in Cataclysm; with the whole removing of Blastwave as an AoE that comes out from your body, making it into some homogenized typical AoE. The running scorch was clunky and awkward, it looked stupid as hell as well.

    Now most casters seem to have moved in that direction of homogenization and running while casting, I can't stand it.

    Gear is also a thing I've thought about since Mists came out. It seems like gear doesn't last long at all now; you get one piece of new shiny gear, and then you replace it again 1 week later with another piece, and it just keeps going like that. There's no feeling of proudness of getting a new gear piece, there's no feeling of "This gear makes me feel badass" I think it has something to do with the rates you're getting Epic loot now.

    Heck last time I geared up a new character I gained around 10 epics per week, is that supposed to be normal?

    Leveling is a catastrophy right now... I just can't make myself level a new character anymore. The quests are boring and repetitive, the combat is without thrill, without fear of dying and easy as hell. Also really repetitive at low levels. Your selfheals are too strong, your control spells lasts too long, your damage mitigation is incredible and your damage is overpowered. It's like doing quests and killing mobs 10 levels below you even if they are higher level than you.

    The gear while leveling is too easy to come by as well; even if you don't use heirlooms you will have a full set of green gear by the time you hit level 15. Too many quests reward gear that are superior to anything you can find in the same zone from random drops.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    You can buy marks with food that takes 3 minutes to farm a day. It's really not as bad as you make claim... nor does it take 20 minutes to do the dailies that provide the marks.
    It's not just the tokens. In addition to tokens dailies reward charms and VP. If you skip your 20 minutes of dailies for a couple of nights you're going to have to make them up with several hours' worth of dungeon runs over the weekend. This isn't exclusive to dailies, and it wasn't the case in Cataclysm. You could go all week without running dungeons and the run seven of them on Saturday to obtain the same reward that you would have gotten doing one a night. Now you're forced to go through your little chore list every night unless you want to take three times as long to accomplish the same thing on the weekend. Dailies used to be nice-to-do but now they're better than the alternative. I don't want to play a game that punishes me for missing an night, and that was a big part of the reason I unsubscribed.

  18. #198
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    14,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Givemount View Post
    Too many quests reward gear that are superior to anything you can find in the same zone from random drops.
    Leveling is no longer a form of content, but merely a gateway to get to the 'real' content. They rested on leveling as content for too long, as Ghostcrawler himself admitted.

    Additionally, this is not an ARPG. You shouldn't be expecting or hoping that gear is going to explode out of mobs you are killing while leveling. It is completely appropriate that completing the quests allows you to get stronger in order to complete more quests. Especially as heirlooms exist in the first place, why would you penalize new players to such an extent when the goal is to catch them up to their max level friends?

    Can't take anyone complaining about gear while leveling seriously.
    BAD WOLF

  19. #199
    I agree with him about another world pvp zone and daily quests. They need to find a more interesting way to get rep or rethink the model entirely.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Givemount View Post
    The topic is interesting; however the guy in the video seems mildly clueless/confused and his points don't really make sense.
    The topic was inspired from another thread on these forums. If his points didn't make sense it was because he was trying to work out why he didn't really get into the MoP end game. Contrary to popular belief in this thread, he wasn't setting out to lay down the laws of compelling gaming. He stated up front that this was purely his opinion based on his personal preferences.

    Quote Originally Posted by Givemount View Post
    He is praising WotLK as the best expansion, that alone just made me cringe...
    To each their own. I bet I would cringe if you stated your preferred expansion, but that's OK. If everyone liked the same stuff this world would get boring fast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Givemount View Post
    Warrior combat in particular feels horrible right now. I used to like the sense of "I'm wielding a huge ass two handed weapon, and when I get a swing off I will do a huge amount of damage" that existed in Vanilla.

    In MoP it's more like swinging around a cardboard cutout of a sword, doing 2-3 swings per second with no big impact whatsoever. It's like wielding a dagger in two hands.
    Understandable. To be honest I'm usually too busy focusing on what the enemies are doing to pay attention to my character's animations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Givemount View Post
    Now most casters seem to have moved in that direction of homogenization and running while casting, I can't stand it.
    That's because most raid bosses these days require lots of movement throughout the fight. If a caster can't cast on the run their DPS will be in the toilet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Givemount View Post
    Gear is also a thing I've thought about since Mists came out. It seems like gear doesn't last long at all now; you get one piece of new shiny gear, and then you replace it again 1 week later with another piece, and it just keeps going like that.

    Heck last time I geared up a new character I gained around 10 epics per week, is that supposed to be normal?
    That's the trade off when you want to release a new raid every three months. Sometimes more isn't better, but Blizzard doesn't seem to have a feel for excess.

    Quote Originally Posted by Givemount View Post
    Leveling is a catastrophy right now... I just can't make myself level a new character anymore. The quests are boring and repetitive, the combat is without thrill, without fear of dying and easy as hell. Also really repetitive at low levels. Your selfheals are too strong, your control spells lasts too long, your damage mitigation is incredible and your damage is overpowered. It's like doing quests and killing mobs 10 levels below you even if they are higher level than you.
    That's a combination of heirlooms and experience. Many new players aren't well acquainted with self-heals so the fact that you use them while levelling (as you should) gives you a significant advantage over them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Givemount View Post
    The gear while leveling is too easy to come by as well; even if you don't use heirlooms you will have a full set of green gear by the time you hit level 15. Too many quests reward gear that are superior to anything you can find in the same zone from random drops.
    Yeah... they never tuned the random drops properly. I think they glossed over that part in the revamp. What I don't like about levelling is that you've out-levelled your current zone by the time you're half-way through it. The only way to get a reasonable rate of levelling is to avoid heirlooms and high level guilds with the XP buff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •