Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Yeah, honestly, after he made this vid, I honestly hope he doesnt make more vids. Its gonna look like a real hypocrite. I mean, If you dont like the game that you made videos or basicly make a living of, thats....kind of shitty. Thats like writeing a book or drawing a picture showing it to your public in hopes that it goes viral, but you really dont enjoy your work or the tool you're useing to publish it. Note - I dont really care at all if he doesnt like the game and has a massive boner for WoTlk, I just dont like that type of hypocrisy. But, eh....what kind you do, people like that exist, I agree.
    You can still have issues about the game and put out quality video's making fun of wow's current state.

EG

in fact being a fanboy may have less entertainment value

I watched the video, decided to type out my thoughts. It doesn't seem like he's actually played MoP recently. He even stated that he has primarily been having fun leveling new toons lately, not playing end-game content. He talked about dailies being a mandatory chore, but that hasn't really been true since 5.2 dropped, and definitely isn't true as of 5.3.

As far as talents... I prefer the new system. It doesn't really bother me that much that you don't get a point every time you level up anymore. I remember in Cataclysm and even Wrath of the Lich King sometimes leveling fast enough that I would have several points sitting around unspent more than once.

He talked a bit about large open-world PvP. I do miss Wintergrasp, and I think it would be cool if it was brought back as an instanced battleground with updated mechanics. I don't miss the open world part of it too much though. It was fun battling with the same people from your server and against the other faction of your server, but I'd rather have balanced Wintergrasp-style battles. (And this is coming from an Alliance player from a server on which the Alliance won around 5 times more often than the Horde.)
    Last edited by Dhomeli; 2013-06-25 at 04:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    I watched the video, decided to type out my thoughts. I can see where he's coming from, but it doesn't seem like he's actually played MoP recently. He even stated that he has primarily been having fun leveling new toons lately, not playing end-game content. He talked about dailies being a mandatory chore, but that hasn't really been true since 5.2 dropped, and definitely isn't true as of 5.3.

As far as talents... I prefer the new system. It doesn't really bother me that much that you don't get a point every time you level up anymore. I remember in Cataclysm and even Wrath of the Lich King sometimes leveling fast enough that I would have several points sitting around unspent more than once.
    Thats another thing, how does he even say that dailies are mandatory (which hasnt even been freaking true since like what? release?), if he actually hasnt even played the expac's endgame? If you look at his priest gear, hes actually in complete leveling gear. I mean, comeon man, hes kinda becoming the very characters that he made fun of lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats another thing, how does he even say that dailies are mandatory (which hasnt even been freaking true since like what? release?), if he actually hasnt even played the expac's endgame? If you look at his priest gear, hes actually in complete leveling gear. I mean, comeon man, hes kinda becoming the very characters that he made fun of lol.
    Like I said--he used to be the goblin, now he's the tauren.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Onyxia's layer, as Blackwing Descent was merely a setback!
    I haven't paid much attention to Crendor anymore aside from his occasional WoW machinima, sad to see it looks the well's all dried up, might be time to unsubscribe.

Lots of his points were more opinion-based moreso than anything, (guess that's what a rant is for WoW) except for the daily quests, (highly encouraged over previous expansions) and 85-90 leveling, (1-60 is just perfect imo, can offer a linear and non-linear quest zone for each level range, not too long or short).

I don't really agree with him at all on many of his points, but I myself, am burned out from Pandaira being not my cup of tea and boring me to tears. I could argue more, but I'm lazy and will lurk on other people's responses instead!
    Hi, I'm scissors! Nerf rock, paper's fine. <---Class balance in a nutshell on the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    No, not everything has to be logical, but his argument sort of falls flat when he tries to call the questing in WoW 'linear'. If it was any less linear, there would be no narrative.
    A bunch of small quest chains can still tell a story without being linear. Each part, telling the story of their role in the greater whole can easily be compelling without being "Go to person A, then to person B, then to person C. No, you can't do B then C then A, it's not the way we want it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Yeah I think people have repressed memories of 3.2 and the Sons of Hodir
    The entire week it took to get to exalted with Sons?

Dailies in WotLK were almost completely optional, due solely to the facts that a) the gear received was useless other than the helm enchants and b) you could get exalted in a few hours of grinding heroics with the tabards.

He made many strong points, and a few fairly useless ones. Not sure where he was going with his arena/PvP comments. I thought Wintergrasp was utterly abysmal, though many seemed to enjoy it.

Linearity is one of the main game-killers for me at the moment. The "do 2, do 1, do 3, do 2, do 2, do 2" ad infinitum is atrocious game design in my opinion. If you really have a strong story/questline to tell, you can do this amazing thing known as a QUEST CHAIN. It's been used since Vanilla to great effect. Should try it again sometime. I enjoy having to run around, SEEING THE WORLD, to find new quest hubs, flight masters, areas of interest, elite areas etc. Inb4 nostalgia.

I still struggle to believe that anyone's stupid enough to actually think the current day talent "trees" aka "saplings" are actually an improvement. How hard is it to revamp trees to make more interesting choices? How are 5 black-and-white choices better than x amount of grey choices? There are still utterly OVERWHELMINGLY popular cookie-cutter builds - there's simply zero room for experimentation, no variety, no choice. The only thing to choose basically boils down to, "Is it an AoE fight? Cool, I'll take this one. Single target? K, this one. Survivability? The other one then." How thrilling. I am quite thrilled.

Yeah, honestly, after he made this vid, I honestly hope he doesnt make more Machinemas. Its gonna look like a real hypocrite. I mean, If you dont like the game that you made videos or basicly make a living of, thats....kind of shitty. Thats like writeing a book or drawing a picture showing it to your public in hopes that it goes viral, but you really dont enjoy your work or the tool you're useing to publish it. Note - I dont really care at all if he doesnt like the game and has a massive boner for WoTlk, I just dont like that type of hypocrisy. But, eh....what kind you do, people like that exist, I agree.
    It's not the same game. Since you seem to like analogies: WoW went from a game of chess to a game of checkers in one expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    Even the dailies it launched with, all those pvp dailies in Grizzly hills, the Argent Crusade stuff in Zul'Drak,Son of Hodir and Frostborn in Storm Peaks, Knights of the Ebon Blade and those totally random dailies in icecrown, then there was the Kalu'ak across 3 zones, everyday flying out to do that 1 daily in howling fjord for the explorer's league rep too, then there was the professions dailies.

I just don't understand how people don't remember this
    They weren't the same like the BC dailies. Tabards made many irrelevant. Sons of Hodir could be bypassed by item turn ins. I did do the Argent Crusade, but it was a rather miserable experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    You can still have issues about the game and put out quality video's making fun of wow's current state.

EG

I'd say that's closer to a crystal ball view of this game's future than humorous commentary

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    A bunch of small quest chains can still tell a story without being linear. Each part, telling the story of their role in the greater whole can easily be compelling without being "Go to person A, then to person B, then to person C. No, you can't do B then C then A, it's not the way we want it!"
    In that vein, I think Kun-Lai got it perfect. There are multiple connected hubs, but there are also multiple paths to take through the zone. You can rock out with the Shado-Pan, induct some natives into the Horde, or buddy up with the grummles.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post

EG

LOL that is hilarious, sadly that will be WoW in a year or two...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    It's not the same game. Since you seem to like analogies: WoW went from a game of chess to a game of checkers in one expansion.
    No shit is not the same game, and Im glad it isnt. For a lot of people, its called beeing burned out, then resorting to past memories.

Tbh, the thread is probably going to end like the other 10000 about how much better the previous xpac is, and the current one is awful (yeah this has happened in every single one). Ima go watch me some netflix!

10+ Year Old Account
    I love all of his videos he hasn't really stopped playing wow I mean my friend is in his guild and hes on most of the time.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I love WoWcrendor, this video just shows how misinformed and out of it he is. Most of his complaints aren't really valid and he's actually beginning to sound like those people he makes fun of in his videos.
    Butts.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like crendor, but I really didn't care for this one. He really made his general ignorance of the expansion apparent when he said he really just didn't try many things. He's about half a year behind the times on discussions on dailys and lfr and it was just a bit of a let down. Preach did a much more eloquent assessment of the situation in WoW in general anyway. Shame really.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

I agree the game is off, but this is a pretty terrible rant.

Somewhat interesting point of view, but mostly irrelevant due to his long absence from actually playing the game, and some plainly factually wrong opinions.

However I do agree with some of his points, namely a less linear and guided questing experience. One with a main campaign, but also multiple paths, no quest-helper, sparkly annotations, and just areas to explore, where nothing guides you to them, and it's up to you to travel to, like Elder Scrolls. Exploration is a huge part of open-world games, and it's severely lacking in World of WarCraft.

I also agree with the change in talents. Talent systems in role-playing games are almost never, ever, about choice if one is seeking maximum efficiency. And thank goodness that only a small fraction of the game's players actually care about that (yeah, the odd 39 thousand active posters on MMOC and the similar numbers in other websites about WoW are a tiny fraction of the 8 million plus players that the game has). They are almost always about having fun. It's about allowing the player to fiddle around with fun, odd, down-right ridiculous-but-exciting builds; as well as acting as small rewards for gaining levels. The developers of the game tried to fix the unfixable by attempting to fix talents based on efficiency. Instead they could cut away some of the boring parts, add some interesting ones (like the new talents), and make some more enjoyable talent trees, enjoyable in the sense of being able to mess around with them to have fun, and let high-performance players be all serious about them in their maximum efficiency builds.. Instead, like a lot of concepts in the game, they got buthered instead of worked upon, for simpler, more streamlined, easier to develop for alternatives, that resemble glyphs more than actual talents.

Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    I love all of his videos he hasn't really stopped playing wow I mean my friend is in his guild and hes on most of the time.
    Hes not up to date on endgame content. He admitted it himself. His opinions don't hold much weight anymore...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    I left this as a comment, but I think I'll get better feedback here where things are a bit slower.

"I do miss being rewarded every level, but the new talents are far more interesting. How do we resolve this? In retrospect, the solution seems incredibly simple: Why didn't they just combine them by giving you standard talent points every level as normal for the generic buffs (+damage, +healing, +crit, +haste, etc), then give you a 'specialization' point every 15 levels that would be used only for the talents in the new talent system?"

It might also be nice to have some passive PvP-centric talents in such a system (+resilience, +power, improved Battle Fatigue, etc). Thoughts, ya'll?
    Seems reasonable. I never felt the 'gimmies' (the talents anyone who wasn't utterly atrocious would pick anyway, the stuff like Poleaxe Spec for any Arms warrior using a 2h axe or that +damage Prot Tier 1 talent every Ret pally ever started out with) made for an engaging gameplay choice to make, but having them as a Diablo-style point-buy system for secondary stats and power amplifiers/alterations might make for a nifty second level of progression level-by-level.