Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Pit Lord Knadra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Minato-Ku, Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    2,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Im surprised crendor hasnt appeared in this thread seeing that it was a thread on mmo champ that started this shit storm in the first place
    Hes probably a bit embarrassed that almost everyone here disagrees with him.

  2. #162
    As soon as someone says they've quit the game numerous times, I already dismiss their opinions.

  3. #163
    Banned True Anarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Shadowlag Valley
    Posts
    7,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Hes probably a bit embarrassed that almost everyone here disagrees with him.
    Even if someone declared the absolute and only completely objective truth about the state of the game, most people would disagree with him or her, because the behaviour you see here is nothing but bandwagon / angry crowd with pitchforks phenomena where all the fanboys come out to, together, violently and at all costs protect the sanctity of the game they're addicted to.

    I think wowcrendor's opinion has merit and stands on it's own, being an important opinion just like any one person's opinion on what they admit they don't enjoy about the game. The only remark I have to make is that well ... it's funny to see people rant who used to be part of the bandwagon before going against anyone who had criticism against the game. Many of his earlier videos reek of fanboyism...

  4. #164
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    14,270
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    As soon as someone says they've quit the game numerous times, I already dismiss their opinions.
    Well that is a pretty ignorant view to take. I've stopped playing multiple times, but currently play and enjoy it very much. I never quit because the game was trash and I hated it, just stopped because I was interested in something else or wanted a break. Neither of those factors somehow makes an opinion irrelevant.
    BAD WOLF

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Hes probably a bit embarrassed that almost everyone here disagrees with him.
    I'm just amused by a number of things:

    1) He was the one who loved making fun of the "go go go go GO!" mentality of Wrath LFD gameplay, and taunted how players loved the relaxed nature of Wrath and loved to play up how stupid they were vs older players used to Vanilla/BC mechanics.... and yet he's NOW claiming that Wrath is the best expansion. That's right, there's a LOT more than those things in Wrath that made it great.

    2) The people here who have been cheering him on behind him at every video since his beginning saying "Yeah! He's totally right!" - but ONLY because they happen to adhere to their own personal opinion. Once the guy talks about a few problems, BLAM - he's now the enemy! /sigh

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 04:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    As soon as someone says they've quit the game numerous times, I already dismiss their opinions.
    I'm more than certain quite a few Blizzard employees have quit playing the game numerous times too. :P
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Kind of fed up with this guy. So he found lol, liked it more than wow and he has nothing better to do than creating wow rant videos? A lot of the stuff he says don't mean anything. There are cookie cutter talent builds? well I don't know how that's true when I am changing my talents so much I am always running out of tomes. This guy needs to grow up and get smarter really fast.
    He needs to grow up? He didn't say anything even remotely offensive towards anyone he's just stating how he feels about it; he's not the one who needs to grow up.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    "Everyone has purples" has been a thing since heroic dungeons many expansions ago, LFR did not make it happen.

    LFR is required for normal mode? No, its not needed, it only gives a boost to guilds that simply are not good enough and need extra gear.
    Sorry i wasnt clear. I miss the days of going into normals with blues and earning purples. I also stated to my point though about LFR that you pretty much need to do it because recruitment for normals are starting to require higher ilevels. Sorry if i wasnt clear. Just typing away sir.

    With that said i think a few things can help solve some of the problems. I am no dev however so i don't know how these things work

    Cross realm/faction arena teams, cross faction LFR, and of course combined dead realms i think could be a great thing. Would it be enough to bring players back? Doubt it but as someone else pointed out the game has been running but a long LONG time. Games like FFXI are also still running but its player base is dying. Mainly because of free to play and how old the game is.

    And as someone said Dailies. Man wow...did they overdo that. I mean you need an incentive to logon but sheesh guys

    PVP need an overhaul or something its dreadful to do unless its open world
    Last edited by Rawfury; 2013-06-25 at 04:30 PM.

  8. #168
    Legendary! vindicatorx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Posts
    6,897
    My only problem with Mists is the dailies, he is correct when he said they feel obligatory to do them. Other than that game play and additional features I feel MOP is the best expansion to date.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    just wow, not that many dailies in wotlk....

    Someone never stepped foot in icecrown or stormpeaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Yeah I think people have repressed memories of 3.2 and the Sons of Hodir
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    Even the dailies it launched with, all those pvp dailies in Grizzly hills, the Argent Crusade stuff in Zul'Drak,Son of Hodir and Frostborn in Storm Peaks, Knights of the Ebon Blade and those totally random dailies in icecrown, then there was the Kalu'ak across 3 zones, everyday flying out to do that 1 daily in howling fjord for the explorer's league rep too, then there was the professions dailies.

    I just don't understand how people don't remember this
    You guys all missed the point. The key difference between dailies now and dailies then is that WotLK dailies awarded vanity items, patterns, and/or the ability to purchase head/shoulder enchantments. For this reason the grind was finite. Once you had your glacial bag pattern and shoulder enchantments there was no reason to ever speak to the Sons of Hodir again. That's not the case now. I hit exalted with the Tillers in my second week of play, but if I skip a day with them I've lost out on Ironpaw tokens that are needed to buy raid food as well as those charms that award bonus loot rolls. Now if I miss a night of dailies I feel penalized. That was never the case with WotLK. When I got tired of argent tournament dailies I would skip them for a few months knowing that some day I could go back and grind for mounts and/or pets if I felt like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Who really cares what someone who was never good at the game thinks?
    Blizzard does, because there are millions of someones who were never good at the game, and at $180/year that's hundreds of millions of dollars that they're missing out on by dismissing their opinions.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 11:32 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    1) He was the one who loved making fun of the "go go go go GO!" mentality of Wrath LFD gameplay, and taunted how players loved the relaxed nature of Wrath and loved to play up how stupid they were vs older players used to Vanilla/BC mechanics.... and yet he's NOW claiming that Wrath is the best expansion. That's right, there's a LOT more than those things in Wrath that made it great.
    You can be dissatisfied with players without hating the game. Just because mechanics permitted the "go go go" mentality and allowed you to succeed in spite of "stupid" players (I think you meant to say "ignorant," BTW) doesn't mean the mechanics in and of themselves are bad. I kind of liked how the game back then didn't penalize the eight players in the raid who were giving it their all because two of them would rather be elsewhere. That doesn't mean I was happy with those two players, but I was happy for those eight (of which I was one).

    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    2) The people here who have been cheering him on behind him at every video since his beginning saying "Yeah! He's totally right!" - but ONLY because they happen to adhere to their own personal opinion. Once the guy talks about a few problems, BLAM - he's now the enemy! /sigh
    His videos are comic. Exaggeration is a key element of comedy. Unfortunately some people have trouble distinguishing between comedy and reality.
    Last edited by Ronduwil; 2013-06-25 at 04:33 PM.

  10. #170
    Well that was a waste of time,

    He made no coherent points, a lot of hesitation in why he doesn't like something and often answered with "I don't know" or "it's nostalgia!" He wants a reason to not like WoW, but in reality he is just tired of it.

    The man needs to take a break,

  11. #171
    Shocking YouTuber, horrible monotonous voice.

    Says himself right away he hasn't played Mists of Pandaria outside of leveling.

    Pointless video aimed at grabbing views with the shock appeal
    "OH NO WOWCRENDOR HAS WOW IN HIS NAME AND DOESNT LIKE WOW ANYMORE!?"

    Disregard.

  12. #172
    Banned True Anarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Shadowlag Valley
    Posts
    7,601
    Was he really criticising the game though?

    To me it came more across as him wanting to answer his followers' question as to why he doesn't play WoW as much anymore or make as much WoW videos.

    No need to go on a witchhunt against him, it wasn't even he himself who posted the video here... It's just common sense that he has the right to explain his viewers why there is less WoW content on his channel lately...

  13. #173
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You mean it was in the hands of Thottbot and then Wowhead..right? Because that's all anyone did back then. Quests were so poorly designed and explained that you had no choice but to use these sites in order to play the game. It's evidence of how poorly something is executed when you need to use an outside website in order to have a clue where to go for quests.
    There was still a difference between EXPLORING the world back then and LINEAR levelling design which we have now. No, it wasnt perfect back then, but yes, it was a much more immersive and challenging gaming experience.

    As for the Thottbott and wowhead discussion... the entire game of Wow is all about referring to out of game websites to prgress yourself. Sure, some sites existed to aid questing. Raiders refer to strat sites for bosses, they use videos to learn fights. Best PvP builds, go to websites. best Arena setups, go to websites. Want the best PvE builds for raiding, go to websites.

    U cannot prove your point by using a major part of Wow culture as an argument against it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Linear means you have no choice but to follow a path they have created for you. It's just completely false to state that MoP works that way at all. You have no choice on your starting zone, but you have a choice on what quests to do, what hubs to go to, and when to go to a new zone at this point. You can skip plenty of things, go different directions, etc. While this doesn't provide a lot of variety, it's certainly not linear.
    u dont understand what linear is...

    Linear is when u play through a game down an accepted and predetermined route. And Wow questing in todays Wow is very much linear by comparison to old Wows questing... anyone who tries to argue against this is simply stupid.

    Questing used to offer the player many more options of where to go, your path was much more in your own hands. Now its laid out on a path for u.

    This is much to do with Blizzard have realised nobody cares much about levelling now, they just wanna get to lev90 ASAP and theyve designed the game to cater for this. Some call this a step forward, others think this has ruined a fun part of the game. Im not here to argue which is better, im simply framing whats different now to back then.

    that doesnt change the fact that levelling/questing is totally different now to what is was back then.

    And on this point i think Crendor has a valid point..

  14. #174
    sage

    oh wait doesnt work here.

    His Voice is painfully annoying.

  15. #175
    I think Crendor has some point but I think Blizzard is way better off beating his expectations and not just keeping the bar with that, cause it happens.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    sage

    oh wait doesnt work here.

    His Voice is painfully annoying.
    So if he sounded like Casey Kasem his opinions will instantly have gained merit, right? This mentality illustrates how bad decisions are made.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    You guys all missed the point. The key difference between dailies now and dailies then is that WotLK dailies awarded vanity items, patterns, and/or the ability to purchase head/shoulder enchantments. For this reason the grind was finite. Once you had your glacial bag pattern and shoulder enchantments there was no reason to ever speak to the Sons of Hodir again. That's not the case now. I hit exalted with the Tillers in my second week of play, but if I skip a day with them I've lost out on Ironpaw tokens that are needed to buy raid food as well as those charms that award bonus loot rolls. Now if I miss a night of dailies I feel penalized. That was never the case with WotLK. When I got tired of argent tournament dailies I would skip them for a few months knowing that some day I could go back and grind for mounts and/or pets if I felt like it.
    You can purchase food off the auction house.

    As well if you're in a guild where you're required to bring your own food the requirement hasn't really changed that much over the years.

    Back then, you farmed the items you need. Now, you do dailies for them. The only difference is that you need to do dailies instead of farm, which means you not only have to kill mobs or do whatever, but you get paid for doing it.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    You can purchase food off the auction house.

    As well if you're in a guild where you're required to bring your own food the requirement hasn't really changed that much over the years.

    Back then, you farmed the items you need. Now, you do dailies for them. The only difference is that you need to do dailies instead of farm, which means you not only have to kill mobs or do whatever, but you get paid for doing it.
    But the currency for food was not shared with the currency for vanity items back then. If you did the Dalaran cooking daily (there was only one per day and it only took a couple of minutes) you got northern spices (for food) as well as a cooking award (for vanity items and recipes). So you didn't feel like you were depriving your guild of food when you were grinding for vanity items. Also the prices on that stuff on the AH are sky high. This into the feeling of being penalized. Either you spend 20 minutes each night doing Tiller dailies or you pony up tens of thousands of gold for the food you're going to need on this week's progression raid.

  19. #179
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    14,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    u dont understand what linear is...

    Linear is when u play through a game down an accepted and predetermined route. And Wow questing in todays Wow is very much linear by comparison to old Wows questing... anyone who tries to argue against this is simply stupid.
    1) I would respect your opinion if you could refrain from insults. Typically they are indicative of a weak argument, which is what you have.

    2) You clearly don't understand what linear means in the connotation pertaining to a video game.

    3) By your definition, every MMO is linear. You don't get to magically choose to be different. You can't decide you want to level in a level 50 zone when you are level 1. It is all literally linear. You are heading to the end game, in any fashion. You go from point A to point B. The middle is irrelevant. This is your definition.

    That is also not what anyone is talking about, ever. I suggest less haste and insults and more clear thinking prior to posting.
    BAD WOLF

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    The entire re-design of questing went hand in hand with the Questhelper. Questing is much mroe linear overall whether u have Questhelper switched on or off. In the old days quests were scattered all over the place in no particular order, after the Questhelper redesign everything was moved around to ensure questing was linear.

    This overall redesign has changed questing from an exercise of exploration to an exercise of following a linear path.
    Old quest progression was horrible, but I guess some people liked that. You could jump around to different zones and then just end up with a whole bunch of random quest lines stuck in your log. I remember being sent to Sepulcher from a Barrens quest. Why was I sent there? What about all those other Barrens quest lines I was on? Nope, just a pointless delivery quest that took you out of all the quest stories in the Barrens and stuck you on the other continent.

    There were quite a few quests like that in vanilla. Quests I learned to avoid because they led to nowhere. I guess one person's crappy quest flow is another persons avenue for exploration.

    I guess some people like quests scattered all over the place in no particular order. I prefer having coherent stories and plots on my questing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •