Page 1 of 12
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    WoWCrendors New Video.... WoW Rant.

    For those who haven't seen the video




    Agree with all his points. WoW is to linear etc....

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    For those who haven't seen the video..Agree with all his points. WoW is to linear etc....
    He should probably change his name from wowcrendor then. He's playing league more than WoW these days anyway. League is super linear too where's his rant about that?

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans CosmicGuitars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    He should probably change his name from wowcrendor then. He's playing league more than WoW these days anyway. League is super linear too where's his rant about that?
    You can't change your name on YouTube. Period. YouTube refuses to offer any means to change your YouTube account name. I'm sure plenty of YouTubers would if they could. As an example, Jesse Cox of the channel OMFGCata is no longer with the OMFG network, nor does he cover the Cataclysm beta, for obvious reasons. So he is, and forever will be known as Wowcrendor.

    As for why he doesn't rant about League of Legend's linearity.. it's because it's a completely different genre of game. League of Legends is not an MMO. It's a MOBA. I'm not even sure you thought through that before saying it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 11:35 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
    Meh, lots of things are linear. It's how it's done that's the big question.
    This is the key point. Linearity is not a bad thing. I personally think that Mists of Pandaria handles it quite nicely. You're not set on a very focused path to 90. You can do some zones first, and ignore others. I don't really agree with Crendor's sentiment on that. I just think the poor guy is tired of the game and needs a break, so he's trying to come up with some flimsy logic behind why he is just not enjoying the game - when the reality is just that simple.

  4. #4
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,573
    Every single time someone makes a rant video lets post it on mmochamp guys. Lets get as much people as possible to stop playing aswell, because I no longer play. - said 70% of mmochampion.

    Couldnt have posted this on the current plague, I mean other Rant Thread.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-06-25 at 03:40 AM.

  5. #5
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    935
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    flimsy logic
    Not everything has to be centered on 'logic'. I heavily dislike Crendor (his personality sickens me) and I disagree with the linearity point (as, like you, I don't see it as a bad thing), but that doesn't make it any less valid.

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans CosmicGuitars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Not everything has to be centered on 'logic'. I heavily dislike Crendor (his personality sickens me) and I disagree with the linearity point (as, like you, I don't see it as a bad thing), but that doesn't make it any less valid.
    No, not everything has to be logical, but his argument sort of falls flat when he tries to call the questing in WoW 'linear'. If it was any less linear, there would be no narrative.

  7. #7
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    935
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    No, not everything has to be logical, but his argument sort of falls flat when he tries to call the questing in WoW 'linear'. If it was any less linear, there would be no narrative.
    You can easily come up with a strong narrative without going with a linear storyline.

  8. #8
    Herald of the Titans CosmicGuitars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    You can easily come up with a strong narrative without going with a linear storyline.
    I kind of disagree. If that were the case, Vanilla wouldn't have been so rotten in the storytelling department.

  9. #9
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    935
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I kind of disagree. If that were the case, Vanilla wouldn't have been so rotten in the storytelling department.
    And yet it worked very well, to the point where it was one of the better parts of Vanilla. The lack of linearity made the game more like an MMO.

    It's mostly a matter of taste though.

  10. #10
    Altho I agree with most of the things I still enjoy WoW, getting a little boring lately

  11. #11
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    And yet it worked very well, to the point where it was one of the better parts of Vanilla. The lack of linearity made the game more like an MMO.

    It's mostly a matter of taste though.
    It worked well?

    It was so nonlinear that portions of the game were just "go grind mobs." I quit Everquest for a reason, because I don't find tedium enjoyable. I wasn't happy that shit was in WoW in the slightest.

  12. #12
    Kind of fed up with this guy. So he found lol, liked it more than wow and he has nothing better to do than creating wow rant videos? A lot of the stuff he says don't mean anything. There are cookie cutter talent builds? well I don't know how that's true when I am changing my talents so much I am always running out of tomes. This guy needs to grow up and get smarter really fast.

  13. #13
    Brewmaster Xl House lX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    1,262
    Man I usually like his videos because he is a good voice actor, but damn his voice was so damn shaky in that video and his "uhhs" made me want to falcon punch my monitor.

    He had some points though. There is absolutely no feeling of exploration in WoW anymore, it simply doesn't exist. Flying mounts are a huge contribution to this, along with the questing mechanics and other things (like overusage of flight masters/paths). There is nothing there to capture your imagination like there used to be, the lore they create is not really known well by the community therefore losing a lot of immersion at the start.

    Basically, immersion is the problem. LFG/LFR/Flying/Scenarios/etc. are all great and convenient, but there is no immersion in it, like it doesn't feel like your in another World, it just feels like your doing what the game commands you to do now.

    These are just my opinions of course, but I am glad I quit.
    Call me House.

  14. #14
    He clicks. His opinion doesn't matter.

  15. #15
    I still feel wow is better than it's ever been. I usually enjoy his videos but I stopped after a few minutes, because I cannot swallow the whole "Wrath was the best expansion logic" and it was sounding exactly like what I see on the forums all the time. I think what it comes down to is the different groups of players. The people who loved Wrath were the people who raided. I moved back home during Wrath, due to the recession and was stuck with dial up so I couldn't raid if I wanted to. So I think this whole great Wrath experience came from the easy mode 10 mans or something. I preferred to avoid the PuG drama. I did it a bit in BC but as a tank, I never wanted to deal with random folks. Today, I don't tank, simply because I play for fun and it's just easier to be a DPS in LFR.

    I liked BC because I had progression in the form of Skettis, Ogri'la, Netherwing Ledge and the raid design was fascinating enough that I was driven to want to do it (though it proved too hard to bring my friends through raids because they weren't really that good of players, just good listeners) while Wrath had a boring raid design and lacked the Azjol'Nerub raid I totally expected to get. After all, BC was about going after WC3 characters that went to Outland and that was Vashj, Kael, and Illidan and each got their own raid. So Wrath should have done something similar but they missed the ball on Anub'arak. Also, Wrath didn't have any interesting daily hubs like BC had. I would have loved it if they had a grind to get the frostwyrm mount. I barely played Cata after the start because the LFD + CC mechanics is just too much for a pug and network had long dispersed since the BC days. MoP I feel is where they started to get everything right.

  16. #16
    To be honest I doubt one person here watched this video, besides me. You read what OP said and automatically went on a rampage flaming crendor and your only topic you even mention is linearity. Haha

  17. #17

  18. #18
    Great video. I've been a big fan of wowcrendor for a while. I find him to be absolutely hilarious. I'm glad he plays more than just WoW. I find my gaming tastes pretty similar to him.

  19. #19
    Mechagnome Zephre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In the mountains?
    Posts
    611
    His voice annoys me turned it off after like 20 seconds.

  20. #20
    Bloodsail Admiral Luminoth4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,137
    Agree with questing feeling somewhat more linear (Only real choice is Krassarang or Valley, Most likely you will do parts of KLS, Townlong and Dread Wastes.). Apart from that most of that seemed to me to be Nostalgia. I did like Wrath, but we've moved on since then. They also scaled Wintergrasp up to 90, same with Tol'barad. Also, he complains about Tol'barad, but if Blizzard just copied and pasted Wintergrasp into Cataclysm the tears would have turned Azeroth into a sea of tears with little else.

    For me his video just said to me I miss WotLK and I'm not really interested in playing WoW anymore. He doesn't care for the story or the raids, and to me it doesn't sound like he's interested in the game now. Also forgot to mention I agree with the dailies thing, I do feel they are more or less mandatory for charms every week.

    And finally, I seem to remember a point about Exploration. If you do explore, you are rewarded by rare mobs, items to sell, BoA items and so on. The first time I levelled in Mists I absolutely loved it, and finished every zone because I felt it was brilliant. Okay now I've done it eight times its not really fun because I've done it so much, but on my first one or two runs it was good. I also personally go out of my way to kill Rares still at 90. I personally feel that exploration is rewarded well in Mists.
    My Characters (Alliance - Shadowsong / Horde - Tarren-Mill)

    Dristereau3D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •