Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    just wow, not that many dailies in wotlk....

Someone never stepped foot in icecrown or stormpeaks.
    Sig by Safhira

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to watch this video. I knew he quit a while ago and it is why I unsubscribed. I enjoyed Wowcrendor when he played wow and he made wow videos and machinima.

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    just wow, not that many dailies in wotlk....

Someone never stepped foot in icecrown or stormpeaks.
    Yeah I think people have repressed memories of 3.2 and the Sons of Hodir

20 minutes wasting life for some random youtube dude? No, thx.

I don't think there is anything earth shattering here. All of the things he has to says in the video has been said else where. To me this sounds more like a reflection piece than a focused rant or monolog granted both are part of this. End of the day he makes his money making videos. If he puts out a wow video its get a lot of traffic so why not just spend 20 minutes talking falling over Pandara. Its a bit cynical but hey.

10+ Year Old Account
    So he basicly hasnt actually played MoP, he only misses WoTlk < note where I said he hasnt really played MoP. So ill sum it by saying he doesnt actually like the game he makes videos of, and says is streamlined, while praiseing the single most streamlined and casual xpac this game has had.

Im sorry, I enjoyed his videos and all, but after learning that he actually doesnt like what he does (actually playing is kind of a must), I actually kind of dont know if its good to see videos from people that dont enjoy what he does :/.

(ps. he has no idea how Talents work, so yeah, he actually never played.)
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-06-25 at 04:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The irony is that he has become the tauren in his Mists of Pandaria Response video where before he was the goblin.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Im sorry, I enjoyed his videos and all, but after learning that he actually doesnt like what he does (actually playing is kind of a must), I actually kind of dont know if its good to see videos of things from people that dont enjoy what he does :/
    It's more common than you might think. Twitch streamers/youtubers play games they don't like if it gets them more partnership revenue. On twitch particularly, streamers will use WoW as a front and just perform goofy entertaining things on cam while not doing anything relevant in-game (ie: afking in a city or LFR). I'm guilty for watching a couple of these types of streams semi-regularly. It's not just the streamer making it fun to watch but the chatroom too usually

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    god damn I didn't get that crusader title just doing the quests THAT WERE IN ONE ZONE.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Even the dailies it launched with, all those pvp dailies in Grizzly hills, the Argent Crusade stuff in Zul'Drak,Son of Hodir and Frostborn in Storm Peaks, Knights of the Ebon Blade and those totally random dailies in icecrown, then there was the Kalu'ak across 3 zones, everyday flying out to do that 1 daily in howling fjord for the explorer's league rep too, then there was the professions dailies.

I just don't understand how people don't remember this
    Sig by Safhira

All of his gripes are 'this feels different' or 'that feels worse' with no information on what changed. The structure of WoW is 90% the same as in Wrath, but apparently doing exactly the same things you did then that you do now feels worse.

1/10

Even the dailies it launched with, all those pvp dailies in Grizzly hills, the Argent Crusade stuff in Zul'Drak,Son of Hodir and Frostborn in Storm Peaks, Knights of the Ebon Blade and those totally random dailies in icecrown, then there was the Kalu'ak across 3 zones, everyday flying out to do that 1 daily in howling fjord for the explorer's league rep too, then there was the professions dailies.

faceroll rep tabards are clouding their memories

Yeah but there was no reason to do them all. The most you would have to do would be argent tournament at best. Considering back then there was still a 25 daily limit. Plus the hodir were easily exalted with because of the relics of ulduar. And the one or two dailys here and there were almost pointless.

Even the dailies it launched with, all those pvp dailies in Grizzly hills, the Argent Crusade stuff in Zul'Drak,Son of Hodir and Frostborn in Storm Peaks, Knights of the Ebon Blade and those totally random dailies in icecrown, then there was the Kalu'ak across 3 zones, everyday flying out to do that 1 daily in howling fjord for the explorer's league rep too , then there was the professions dailies.

Because, honestly, almost none of those daily quest based reps were required for effective endgame raiding. Particularly the Explorer's league one (which offered nothing as it was unfinished) you mentioned, along with the Argent Crusade dalies, the Steamwheedle Port Dalies and the Grizzly Hills PVP dalies. They were there for (gasp!) alternative gameplay fun! :P

Secondly, there was also the option of reputation tabards you could purchase and run dungeons with. Made the rep "Grind" 10x easier (though I don't recall the Sons of Hodir having one...)

Third, if there were things to get (Sons of Hodir and Ebonheart Pact enchants) - they were obtainable at revered... which wasn't too hard to get to.

Lastly, first tier of raiding was the new Naxxramas... I mean... seriously... it was the new Naxxramas. Most people beat that the first week in blues. :P
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-06-25 at 04:41 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    His voice annoys me turned it off after like 20 seconds.
    How do you plan to get through life?

What if you have a boss with an annoying voice? Or any other important people in your life?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I find it extremely funny that I was watching the video, Opened MMO champion and this was the very top thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    It's more common than you might think. Twitch streamers/youtubers play games they don't like if it gets them more partnership revenue. On twitch particularly, streamers will use WoW as a front and just perform goofy entertaining things on cam while not doing anything relevant in-game (ie: afking in a city or LFR). I'm guilty for watching a couple of these types of streams semi-regularly. It's not just the streamer making it fun to watch but the chatroom too usually

Yeah, honestly, after he made this vid, I honestly hope he doesnt make more Machinemas. Its gonna look like a real hypocrite. I mean, If you dont like the game that you made videos or basicly make a living of, thats....kind of shitty. Thats like writeing a book or drawing a picture showing it to your public in hopes that it goes viral, but you really dont enjoy your work or the tool you're useing to publish it. Note - I dont really care at all if he doesnt like the game and has a massive boner for WoTlk, I just dont like that type of hypocrisy. But, eh....what kind you do, people like that exist, I agree.

I've liked some of his videos in the past but this one just screams nostalgia. As usual the current expansion is worse than Hitler and is "killing" WoW, right? Same old story...

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    How do you plan to get through life?

What if you have a boss with an annoying voice? Or any other important people in your life?
    lol what? Wowcrendor isn't important in any of our lives. They are just videos.
    Last edited by Krolikn; 2013-06-25 at 04:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheathx View Post
    I find it extremely funny that I was watching the video, Opened MMO champion and this was the very top thread
    Rant videos go viral here bro, not even jokeing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hodir were easily exalted with because of the relics of ulduar
    By the time the changes to make these boe I had 3 toons exalted, you had to do the dailies, the other reps yes some were pointless but the main ones all had items worth it and helm chants.

The AT you didn't have to do at all, so no idea where you are pulling that from.
    Sig by Safhira