Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    About dailies in WOTL, how many of those did u NEED to do to be able to buy ur badge gear....
    Only Sons were needed to get the shoulder enchant, but that was more or less it
    I dont count the "daily" for HCs and weekly for raids
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Even if someone declared the absolute and only completely objective truth about the state of the game, most people would disagree with him or her, because the behaviour you see here is nothing but bandwagon / angry crowd with pitchforks phenomena where all the fanboys come out to, together, violently and at all costs protect the sanctity of the game they're addicted to.

I think wowcrendor's opinion has merit and stands on it's own, being an important opinion just like any one person's opinion on what they admit they don't enjoy about the game. The only remark I have to make is that well ... it's funny to see people rant who used to be part of the bandwagon before going against anyone who had criticism against the game. Many of his earlier videos reek of fanboyism...
    Its an opinion up to a point, most people here disagreeing with him aren't denying the game has problems but he was just blatantly wrong about some things he said in the video such as what he said about dailies. He looked at the game from an incredibly biased point of view.

Now that is fine except when you want other people to agree with you. The game isn't something personal to him, changes to WoW affect everyone here and that is why you should be vocal about other opinions. It is not just one person's game.

Meh, Wow celeb making vids bitching about wow.. seems weird.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Agree with questing feeling somewhat more linear (Only real choice is Krassarang or Valley, Most likely you will do parts of KLS, Townlong and Dread Wastes.). Apart from that most of that seemed to me to be Nostalgia. I did like Wrath, but we've moved on since then. They also scaled Wintergrasp up to 90, same with Tol'barad. Also, he complains about Tol'barad, but if Blizzard just copied and pasted Wintergrasp into Cataclysm the tears would have turned Azeroth into a sea of tears with little else.
    The problem with WG and TB now is that they are pretty much pointless, since honor gear is so terrible and they don't give CP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    But the currency for food was not shared with the currency for vanity items back then. If you did the Dalaran cooking daily (there was only one per day and it only took a couple of minutes) you got northern spices (for food) as well as a cooking award (for vanity items and recipes). So you didn't feel like you were depriving your guild of food when you were grinding for vanity items. Also the prices on that stuff on the AH are sky high. This into the feeling of being penalized. Either you spend 20 minutes each night doing Tiller dailies or you pony up tens of thousands of gold for the food you're going to need on this week's progression raid.
    You can buy marks with food that takes 3 minutes to farm a day. It's really not as bad as you make claim... nor does it take 20 minutes to do the dailies that provide the marks.

Deleted
    The topic is interesting; however the guy in the video seems mildly clueless/confused and his points don't really make sense.

He is praising WotLK as the best expansion, that alone just made me cringe...

My personal take on the game is that it has undergone so many changes now, that I can't recognize it from Vanilla. Warrior combat in particular feels horrible right now. I used to like the sense of "I'm wielding a huge ass two handed weapon, and when I get a swing off I will do a huge amount of damage" that existed in Vanilla.

In MoP it's more like swinging around a cardboard cutout of a sword, doing 2-3 swings per second with no big impact whatsoever. It's like wielding a dagger in two hands.

Casters are messed up now with the whole running while casting things that has been given to almost every class. I absolutely despised what they did to Fire mages in Cataclysm; with the whole removing of Blastwave as an AoE that comes out from your body, making it into some homogenized typical AoE. The running scorch was clunky and awkward, it looked stupid as hell as well.

Now most casters seem to have moved in that direction of homogenization and running while casting, I can't stand it.

Gear is also a thing I've thought about since Mists came out. It seems like gear doesn't last long at all now; you get one piece of new shiny gear, and then you replace it again 1 week later with another piece, and it just keeps going like that. There's no feeling of proudness of getting a new gear piece, there's no feeling of "This gear makes me feel badass" I think it has something to do with the rates you're getting Epic loot now.

Heck last time I geared up a new character I gained around 10 epics per week, is that supposed to be normal?

Leveling is a catastrophy right now... I just can't make myself level a new character anymore. The quests are boring and repetitive, the combat is without thrill, without fear of dying and easy as hell. Also really repetitive at low levels. Your selfheals are too strong, your control spells lasts too long, your damage mitigation is incredible and your damage is overpowered. It's like doing quests and killing mobs 10 levels below you even if they are higher level than you.

The gear while leveling is too easy to come by as well; even if you don't use heirlooms you will have a full set of green gear by the time you hit level 15. Too many quests reward gear that are superior to anything you can find in the same zone from random drops.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    You can buy marks with food that takes 3 minutes to farm a day. It's really not as bad as you make claim... nor does it take 20 minutes to do the dailies that provide the marks.
    It's not just the tokens. In addition to tokens dailies reward charms and VP. If you skip your 20 minutes of dailies for a couple of nights you're going to have to make them up with several hours' worth of dungeon runs over the weekend. This isn't exclusive to dailies, and it wasn't the case in Cataclysm. You could go all week without running dungeons and the run seven of them on Saturday to obtain the same reward that you would have gotten doing one a night. Now you're forced to go through your little chore list every night unless you want to take three times as long to accomplish the same thing on the weekend. Dailies used to be nice-to-do but now they're better than the alternative. I don't want to play a game that punishes me for missing an night, and that was a big part of the reason I unsubscribed.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Givemount View Post
    Too many quests reward gear that are superior to anything you can find in the same zone from random drops.
    Leveling is no longer a form of content, but merely a gateway to get to the 'real' content. They rested on leveling as content for too long, as Ghostcrawler himself admitted.

Additionally, this is not an ARPG. You shouldn't be expecting or hoping that gear is going to explode out of mobs you are killing while leveling. It is completely appropriate that completing the quests allows you to get stronger in order to complete more quests. Especially as heirlooms exist in the first place, why would you penalize new players to such an extent when the goal is to catch them up to their max level friends?

Can't take anyone complaining about gear while leveling seriously.
    BAD WOLF

I agree with him about another world pvp zone and daily quests. They need to find a more interesting way to get rep or rethink the model entirely.

The topic is interesting; however the guy in the video seems mildly clueless/confused and his points don't really make sense.
    The topic was inspired from another thread on these forums. If his points didn't make sense it was because he was trying to work out why he didn't really get into the MoP end game. Contrary to popular belief in this thread, he wasn't setting out to lay down the laws of compelling gaming. He stated up front that this was purely his opinion based on his personal preferences.

He is praising WotLK as the best expansion, that alone just made me cringe...
    To each their own. I bet I would cringe if you stated your preferred expansion, but that's OK. If everyone liked the same stuff this world would get boring fast.

Warrior combat in particular feels horrible right now. I used to like the sense of "I'm wielding a huge ass two handed weapon, and when I get a swing off I will do a huge amount of damage" that existed in Vanilla.

In MoP it's more like swinging around a cardboard cutout of a sword, doing 2-3 swings per second with no big impact whatsoever. It's like wielding a dagger in two hands.
    Understandable. To be honest I'm usually too busy focusing on what the enemies are doing to pay attention to my character's animations.

Now most casters seem to have moved in that direction of homogenization and running while casting, I can't stand it.
    That's because most raid bosses these days require lots of movement throughout the fight. If a caster can't cast on the run their DPS will be in the toilet.

Gear is also a thing I've thought about since Mists came out. It seems like gear doesn't last long at all now; you get one piece of new shiny gear, and then you replace it again 1 week later with another piece, and it just keeps going like that.

Heck last time I geared up a new character I gained around 10 epics per week, is that supposed to be normal?
    That's the trade off when you want to release a new raid every three months. Sometimes more isn't better, but Blizzard doesn't seem to have a feel for excess.

Leveling is a catastrophy right now... I just can't make myself level a new character anymore. The quests are boring and repetitive, the combat is without thrill, without fear of dying and easy as hell. Also really repetitive at low levels. Your selfheals are too strong, your control spells lasts too long, your damage mitigation is incredible and your damage is overpowered. It's like doing quests and killing mobs 10 levels below you even if they are higher level than you.
    That's a combination of heirlooms and experience. Many new players aren't well acquainted with self-heals so the fact that you use them while levelling (as you should) gives you a significant advantage over them.

The gear while leveling is too easy to come by as well; even if you don't use heirlooms you will have a full set of green gear by the time you hit level 15. Too many quests reward gear that are superior to anything you can find in the same zone from random drops.
    Yeah... they never tuned the random drops properly. I think they glossed over that part in the revamp. What I don't like about levelling is that you've out-levelled your current zone by the time you're half-way through it. The only way to get a reasonable rate of levelling is to avoid heirlooms and high level guilds with the XP buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    hes 100% right and i too think wrath was the best time of WoW

The guy didn't really make any points. Every "point" he made was ended with "I don't know why".

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    It's not just the tokens. In addition to tokens dailies reward charms and VP. If you skip your 20 minutes of dailies for a couple of nights you're going to have to make them up with several hours' worth of dungeon runs over the weekend. This isn't exclusive to dailies, and it wasn't the case in Cataclysm. You could go all week without running dungeons and the run seven of them on Saturday to obtain the same reward that you would have gotten doing one a night. Now you're forced to go through your little chore list every night unless you want to take three times as long to accomplish the same thing on the weekend. Dailies used to be nice-to-do but now they're better than the alternative. I don't want to play a game that punishes me for missing an night, and that was a big part of the reason I unsubscribed.
    you would have a point with 5.0, but currently in game, doing the barrens weekly, isle weekly, killing rare mobs, heroic scenarios, LFR, etc. all give valor. i don't even try to cap these days and it just happens.

This reminds me of when TotalBiscuit complained about how Zul'Gurub 2.0 was exactly the same as the original.

It's his opinion, but I don't agree with most of it. He's stuck in nostalgia mode. I mean, he liked earning a talent point to use while leveling, but then goes on to say that most talents were useless. Yet he said the talents were better. That doesn't even make sense. lol.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2013-06-25 at 11:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Old quest progression was horrible, but I guess some people liked that. You could jump around to different zones and then just end up with a whole bunch of random quest lines stuck in your log. I remember being sent to Sepulcher from a Barrens quest. Why was I sent there? What about all those other Barrens quest lines I was on? Nope, just a pointless delivery quest that took you out of all the quest stories in the Barrens and stuck you on the other continent.
    That, young padowan is whats called EXPORING....

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    That, young padowan is whats called EXPORING....
    Like I said, some people like random quest flow that sends you all over for no good reason. I personally found it annoying since I had a log full of Barrens quests and had to make my way back there to finish them.

At least the Badlands quest had a point since you would need that FP at level 60.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    It worked well?

It was so nonlinear that portions of the game were just "go grind mobs." I quit Everquest for a reason, because I don't find tedium enjoyable. I wasn't happy that shit was in WoW in the slightest.
    You know what was great about Vanilla questing, along with big parts of TBC, Wrath and Cata? You werent funneled into a single zone right off the bat, and for all intents and purposes, had to stay in that zone almost until level cap. I have yet to be able to complete the jade forest before reaching or almost reaching 90 on any of my characters.

This points out another flaw in MoP, a lot of content overstays its welcome. Between the very few dungeons you can run, 0 scenarios pre 90, and always having to scamper through the jade forest on foot when you enter the continent (until adequate level to do the other zones), the burnout is atrocious. The only other time in WoW where this was an issue was TBC with hellfire, and yet you could leave that zone after the first level or 2, OR even skip it altogether and go to zangermarsh...and not get obliterated by the mobs because you were 50 Ilvls short of where you needed to be. In all other starting spots in wow, you had at least 2 spots you could go to, and often you could skip ahead to another zone and not run into a roadblock via quest lvl requirements or monster power. Pre MoP, you could even enter the next expansion area 2 lvls early and do just fine, and even get a jump start with much better gear and xp rewards.

Everything in MoP is restricted, between when and where you can do content, as well as how often you can do it. Vanilla and other content wasnt like a graphic novel by todays standards, but it didnt need to be linear and restrictive to give you a great story and engross you into the game. Each zone, and most quest hub areas had a story to tell, an INTERESTING story to tell. They didnt need to be lined up in a linear timeline sequence for you to understand and follow them, they were all parts of the same story, and you had the option to choose when and how you wanted to go about piecing it together. Vanilla content overall could be considered linear in overarching design, but its execution was as wide open as a tsunami, rather than traversing the mississippi. In previous content, everything lead up to a singular point, a definitive conclusion, all part of a grand scheme; In MoP , no points move or are reached until yo make them move forward, one step at a time. Like a board game, you have to traverse a singular path, you can only advance once predetermined contingencies have been met.

A tree in MoP does not fall down unless it's cut from an axe, even if you use a chainsaw to cut it down. The tree does not even appear until you find a specific brand of truck to drive to it with. And the lumber mill will not even recognize that it is a tree you cut down, until you go help the old women down the street with finding her cat.

In vanilla, you could borrow a saw from the lumber mill, cut the tree down that the cat is hiding on top of, and sell the axe on your way out of town to the next zone, across the river, by swimming over it instead of taking a pre arranged taxi around it.

As for the everquest comparison:

WoW was leagues ahead of every mmo when it came to streamlined and "fun" leveling. Most games like EQ and DAOC , which were the prominent titles in that time, could barely get a quest system that was more involved than having to find a random npc and typing out the correct /cmd to get them to possibly give you a box to click, which was apparently a quest. They never had good directions of where to go, or how to complete the quest properly. In all seriousness, people NEVER go into questing in previous games, and leveling was done via grinding mobs, mostly in the required "full group" (which almost always needed a very specific allotment of classes to even work). There was no extensive quest system like in WoW, no "grandiose" dungeon lineup to fight in (which were instanced, as opposed to everything being open world in other games), and grinding mobs in wow was 100x easier than and forgiving than in previous games.

WoW was literally the end all and be all of mmos. It took every single bs feature of other games, and made them more enjoyable. There was a reason why WoW became so popular, so fast, and it wasnt because it was "super tedious". Can you argue that wow is the "better game" these days? No, but when the end of 2004 came around the last bend, everyone who had been either enjoying their current game because they didnt have better, or were frustrated but not enough to quit because they didnt have better, or had never played an mmo before because of any combination of the 2 previous statements and others, NOW had a better game.

People didnt quit games for WoW and go "hmm...this is just the same thing that i was playing before" . There was literally NO other game on the market, and for a long time afterwards, that came close to what wow offered, and its accessibility. WoW was like getting rich, having a huge property, huge mansion, amusement park, fully staffed workforce to take care of you and your stuff, getting a partnership at a law firm, developing the cure for cancer, etc. and going "hmm.....now that I have all this new positive stuff in my life, I realize that ive already slept in a bed before, this isnt much better than where I was at all."

You cannot compare everquest's 'Kill 1000 mobs to gain a bar of xp' to WoW's 'kill 20 mobs to gain a bar of xp' , and call WoW tedious in the same realm of why you quit everquest. Does WoW have tedious components in it? Yes, but only in comparison to what is tedious for WoW, not what is tedious in comparison to other games, which require 10x or more effort for the same thing. People complain about how slow leveling in WoW is, like getting 1-90 in a week or two is too tedious, forgetting or not realizing when it use to take 14 days /played to reach the level cap.

I typically enjoy Crendor's videos, but there wasn't a single intelligible argument composed in his rant. I suppose he isn't known for his articulation.

Deleted
    Can't believe he complained about talent system, it's better now than ever n people get new spells when they ding, they get told what's new n can instantly try them, so people learn better, what is wrong with that?