Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Well I do sympathise with the randomness of LFR being frustrating. But raids (pre-LFR) have always had RNG drops, and even though it seemed like more was dropping you were competing against 9-24 other people for those drops so it could take just as long to gear in raids back then. I remember running ICC on my Rogue twice a week for the whole time it was available and never getting my boots!

Also, LFR is in kind of a weird situation where you will often get VP gear faster than the actual LFR pieces. This actually makes it easier if you think of VP gear as the goal and any LFR pieces that drop in the meantime are just a short term bonus (except for the 2-3 pieces you can't get via VP). So although this helps with the RNG, at the same time it's bizarre because LFR drops are so rare and when you finally get them you already have something better.

I think they could make a better system. I think a lot of people would be happier if you collected say, a random number of fragments of your gear each week so that even if RNG doesn't immediately award you with your piece you can still see visible progress every week. Instead of the situation now where you can clear all of LFR and get nothing. Luck protection on rolls is good but at the same time, it's invisible so you feel like you wasted your time.

So, eh, I'm in two minds about it. It's frustrating but also there's a reason for it being the way it is. Not the worst thing in the world but could be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian23 View Post
    Really? I can see getting to the 480's or 490's with now LFR's are now but that's not ToT level raiding, even with ToT LFR you're lucky to get to 510 iLvL, and in my experience that's pushing it.

I wasn't lucky enough to have a raiding guild to run with when ToT started and I've had to try and play catchup the entire tier and with SoO starting up, soon all the time I'm spending trying to make sure I can keep up in ToT is gonna go to waste when you'll apparently need close to a 530 iLvl to start it. With LFR's out pacing normal raids of the last tier, Blizzard is making it really hard to follow with current content.
    Getting to 480 is extremely easy. That gets you into ToT LFR. In cata, we didn't have Firelands LFR. So the HoT 5 mans were the ones dishing out previous ilvl gear. But. Look at this, current LFR gives better than the previous content's normal modes. So it's actually easier to gear in MoP. You get better gear than you would if this were cata and you were running HoT to gear your alts.

But people aren't interested in that. People are interested in pretending there are all of these walls for you to climb. You just started back up, and you're talking about getting 530 for SoO. Stop looking at things like that and look one step in front. Gear is thrown at you this expansion. If you can't see that, then I don't think you've been paying attention.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    You could get into DS LFR in a matter of days. Justice tier -> HoT -> DS
    How are you going to get to ToT in the same timespan? Answer: You can't (unless you're lucky).

Each tier has its own feel. You can't compare the catch-up mechanism and your alting experience between the last tier of Cata (which lasted FOREVER) and the 2nd tier in MoP (which released quite quickly). Wait until flex raids, though...alting will come back strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treekodar View Post
    You could get into DS LFR in a matter of days. Justice tier -> HoT -> DS
    How are you going to get to ToT in the same timespan? Answer: You can't (unless you're lucky).
    Uh, you do know you only need 480 ilvl to get into ToT lfr right?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Getting to 480 is extremely easy. That gets you into ToT LFR. In cata, we didn't have Firelands LFR. So the HoT 5 mans were the ones dishing out previous ilvl gear. But. Look at this, current LFR gives better than the previous content's normal modes. So it's actually easier to gear in MoP. You get better gear than you would if this were cata and you were running HoT to gear your alts.

But people aren't interested in that. People are interested in pretending there are all of these walls for you to climb. You just started back up, and you're talking about getting 530 for SoO. Stop looking at things like that and look one step in front. Gear is thrown at you this expansion. If you can't see that, then I don't think you've been paying attention.
    Except I didn't just start back up. I've been grinding the LFR's since they dropped to get my gear and be ready to raid and it hasn't gotten me close to relevant for where Guilds are at. There are walls, just because you may be atop them does not make their existence go away.

And my point was that getting to 490 may be easy, but that's not relevant anymore. That's like saying you're getting to 440 to get into Heroics while everyone else is raiding Vaults, you're not currently relevant and the grind within ToT LFR to get to a point where current guilds will actually take you, if they don't end up passing you as is, is insanely frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well I do sympathise with the randomness of LFR being frustrating. But raids (pre-LFR) have always had RNG drops, and even though it seemed like more was dropping you were competing against 9-24 other people for those drops so it could take just as long to gear in raids back then. I remember running ICC on my Rogue twice a week for the whole time it was available and never getting my boots!

Also, LFR is in kind of a weird situation where you will often get VP gear faster than the actual LFR pieces. This actually makes it easier if you think of VP gear as the goal and any LFR pieces that drop in the meantime are just a short term bonus (except for the 2-3 pieces you can't get via VP). So although this helps with the RNG, at the same time it's bizarre because LFR drops are so rare and when you finally get them you already have something better.

I think they could make a better system. I think a lot of people would be happier if you collected say, a random number of fragments of your gear each week so that even if RNG doesn't immediately award you with your piece you can still see visible progress every week. Instead of the situation now where you can clear all of LFR and get nothing. Luck protection on rolls is good but at the same time, it's invisible so you feel like you wasted your time.

So, eh, I'm in two minds about it. It's frustrating but also there's a reason for it being the way it is. Not the worst thing in the world but could be better.
    It's understood that gear in raids is RNG-related, but we need to be more realistic about the comparison; at least in normal raids, someone was getting something. Your raid group was gearing up, even if you personally weren't, and that's not a bad thing. In LFR, that's not the case. The second issue with LFR is that many people are SOLELY in there to get gear. They're not the intended audience, but because Blizzard put LFR in as part of the gearing process, they're stuck doing something they just don't want to do. Every week without a drop is another week wasted.

A quick and easy solution could be with bonus rolls. Nothing is worse than rolling, getting an item, and getting something you either didn't want or (in the worst cases) already have. That's incredibly frustrating. A small pop up on the UI could show you the item you're rolling for before you do so, then you roll for that item alone. It's not a great change, but it'd be a start.

Honestly? I'm sick of RNG. I'm trying to do the Stormbreaker achievement, and simply can't get keys for the Trove scenario to drop. Over the last couple of days I've killed nigh-on 20 rares and haven't gotten a single key. Blizzard honestly need to start doing something about this, I honestly believe it's chasing people away.