Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Brawler's Guild difficulty jump - Rank 7 - Rank 8

This is not a QQ thread. I understand that Brawler's was meant as a solo-progression dungeon thing.

There are fights that are easy, and some that are hard - depending on class. I experienced this both play as my Elemental shaman in there, and while spectating. EG: I played and killed the Giraffe pretty easily in a matter of seconds thanks to Elem-Ascendance and Lifeblood+Hero. While I've watched some unfortunate melee's fall prey to him. There was Battletron, which was just a pain. And there was Dark Summoner, who while I didn't find him ridiculously hard, as he took me maybe 5-7 tries to kill him: the ghosts melee attacks I can understand would have cause a right mess for other classes (Not to mention their random spawn locations. Blehck.).

But I have some questions and would like to here your opinions on Rank 8. And I do understand that as Rank 8+ was released in 5.3, the gear and DPS expectations would have risen.

- Is Hexos one of those sporadic wall fights in the Brawler's progression?
    Personally, I had the maze down in like 2 tries, but the only problem I have with him is killing him. I get him to 17% before the fire kills me at the end of a fight. I'm doing all that I can think of, so this isn't a Shaman specific question.
    - Are the fights after him as bad as him?
    - Are we expected to have at least ToT LFR gear before we start this?

And specifically for Hexos: What Class, Spec, iLvl were you when you beat him?
    I'm a Elemental Shaman at 493/499 (my Enh set has some higher lvl armor pieces). So I'm pretty sure that Might be the problem. Hoping to get some feedback though as to whether it IS a gear check or if it is meant to be a "wall" fight.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2013-06-25 at 07:38 AM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    I went to do Brawler's Guild yesterday for the first time since 5.3. I wiped on Hexos for several hours, then oneshot the other 3 rank 8 bosses. I also one shot two of the rank 9 bosses, wiped 2 times on Nibbleh and 5 times on Ahoo'ru. This was with ilvl 522.

Basically, Hexos is retardedly hard and everything else is pretty easy provided you got the gear. Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    I went to do Brawler's Guild yesterday for the first time since 5.3. I wiped on Hexos for several hours, then oneshot the other 3 rank 8 bosses. I also one shot two of the rank 9 bosses, wiped 2 times on Nibbleh and 5 times on Ahoo'ru. This was with ilvl 522.

Basically, Hexos is retardedly hard and everything else is pretty easy provided you got the gear. Good luck!
    Aside from Hexos, did you kill the other bosses comfortable within the time limit? or was it getting dangerously close?
    And yeah I figured it was the gear.

Thanks for confirming Hexos is a hard fight. Glad I'm not just struggling because I'm bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    This is not a QQ thread. I understand that Brawler's was meant as a solo-progression dungeon thing.

There are fights that are easy, and some that are hard - depending on class. I experienced this both play as my Elemental shaman in there, and while spectating. EG: I played and killed the Giraffe pretty easily in a matter of seconds thanks to Elem-Ascendance and Lifeblood+Hero. While I've watched some unfortunate melee's fall prey to him. There was Battletron, which was just a pain. And there was Dark Summoner, who while I didn't find him ridiculously hard, as he took me maybe 5-7 tries to kill him: the ghosts melee attacks I can understand would have cause a right mess for other classes (Not to mention their random spawn locations. Blehck.).

But I have some questions and would like to here your opinions on Rank 8. And I do understand that as Rank 8+ was released in 5.3, the gear and DPS expectations would have risen.

- Is Hexos one of those sporadic wall fights in the Brawler's progression?
    Personally, I had the maze down in like 2 tries, but the only problem I have with him is killing him. I get him to 17% before the fire kills me at the end of a fight. I'm doing all that I can think of, so this isn't a Shaman specific question.
    - Are the fights after him as bad as him?
    - Are we expected to have at least ToT LFR gear before we start this?

And specifically for Hexos: What Class, Spec, iLvl were you when you beat him?
    I'm a Elemental Shaman at 493/499 (my Enh set has some higher lvl armor pieces). So I'm pretty sure that Might be the problem. Hoping to get some feedback though as to whether it IS a gear check or if it is meant to be a "wall" fight.
    The dps checks only increase as you go up ranks. Hexos is the hardest(second maybe) mechanics wise of all 8 of the bosses, but easiest on the enrage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Yeah Hexos can be kinda hard, depending on your MS too. First try I got him to 17%, and over 1.5 hours, I wiped at around 20-90% (yes 90%)

Thing that helped me was just to have a slow flow on my mouse, the patterns eventually just repeat themselves (leaves your mind at ease for better rotation in DPS.)

Deleted
    Hexos is not really hard, it depends on the class and race of your character.

- As an elemental shaman orc Hexos was really easy for me as I could easily navigate the maze.
    - As a tauren warrior I keep dying to the maze because the hit box seems to be different.

Elemental shaman is probably the easiest class/spec there is to do brawlers. And yes you will need better gear but its reasonable. I killed Ahoo'ru (last rank 9 boss) in 505 item level gear. 505 is pretty easy to get with LFR - get some LFR epics a couple of 522 items for valor and maybe a 516 item from heroic scenario and you've got this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otzsx View Post
    Yeah Hexos can be kinda hard, depending on your MS too. First try I got him to 17%, and over 1.5 hours, I wiped at around 20-90% (yes 90%)

Thing that helped me was just to have a slow flow on my mouse, the patterns eventually just repeat themselves (leaves your mind at ease for better rotation in DPS.)
    Before I log shut down and go to work: When you died at 17%, was it because of a death in the maze, or from the time-limit?

Deleted
    You'd benefit from some upgrades IMO, if you look around you'll see comments from people saying what they killed at what ilevel. Think I've seen a shaman claiming around 505.

As a frost mage, around 515 ilevel. Had some trouble with hexos, focused on learning the maze first, thren trying to get off as much dps as possible. Hit enrage a few times then managed it.

Then came nibbleh, had to spec fire for that but wasn't exactly gemmed for it. Think I had more issues with him. He had a habit of stopping in his slime trail too which didn't help matters.

The chicken guy, big bomb, gas mask guy all fine. Gas mask guys a bit like blind hero I spose, so easy. Sometimes my water spray didn't work on the fire elemental guy, but that was probably my fault. Stationary robot with the rockets was fine too.

Then Aroo'hu, phase 1 harder than phase 2, less attempts on that than nibbleh. Got it when the adds all came down around the same time and lined up perfectly with him for their chareg. Entered phase 2 earlier than planned and got him.

It's a great addition, I just hate the queues and having to wait for my TW cooldown. Could have been made more interesting with ilevel scaling too, and maybe an appearance change buff in place. Shorts and boxing gloves?

So from experience, gear helps ofc. And the fights after, apart from 1 or 2, its gonna vary depending on what you're playing, they're easier.

Deleted
    I don't remember exactly, but I think it was 494 or 496 item level when I killed Hexos. This was with a Warm Sun flask and maybe a druid buff - not sure. No Jade spirit, used Windsong.

Deleted
    Lets see:
    Hexos has 11,993,768 HP.
    Lets assume 110 sec (120 is the enrage, something is lost at the start)means u need 109035 DPS. Its a standing fight.
    So the question is: When can i with all Buffs etc get 110k DPS over roughly 2 minutes.
    I think the most people have problems with the rotating and playing good rota.
    I first tried it at my laptop. My UI is bad here. I wiped 5-6 times.
    Logged later at my PC and oneshot him. I like this fight. Its a really nice challenge for everyone. Be aware of groundeffects and play a very well rota.
    Thats all.
    The later bosses are harder i think.
    Harder Mechanics and harder Enrages. (Speaking as Frostmage with ~220 as i did it)
    (Current Last Boss Mingus Dingus needs roughly 180-200k dps over 2 minutes)
    Last edited by mmoce8ebae9270; 2013-06-25 at 08:36 AM.

Deleted

It really also depends on the fight and your class and spec. Some ranged classes will find it easier to kill some bosses whilst melee will find it easier on others. Some classes just do more DPS than others. Some classes have simpler rotations than others (making fights like Hexos easier).

Regardless, doing it with ilvl 522 on a Monk isn't easy so good job to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    Lets see:
    Hexos has 11,993,768 HP.
    Lets assume 110 sec (120 is the enrage, something is lost at the start)means u need 109035 DPS. Its a standing fight.
    So the question is: When can i with all Buffs etc get 110k DPS over roughly 2 minutes.
    I think the most people have problems with the rotating and playing good rota.
    I first tried it at my laptop. My UI is bad here. I wiped 5-6 times.
    Logged later at my PC and oneshot him. I like this fight. Its a really nice challenge for everyone. Be aware of groundeffects and play a very well rota.
    Thats all.
    The later bosses are harder i think.
    Harder Mechanics and harder Enrages. (Speaking as Frostmage with ~220 as i did it)
    (Current Last Boss Mingus Dingus needs roughly 180-200k dps over 2 minutes)
    I sincerely agree with this post!

I'm currently a 505 Monk. I started trying to do this fight at 496~ iLevel and between struggling with maintaining DPS while watching the beams and lack of gear I was struggling. I've worked gradually (not playing much at the minute) and attained a 505 iLevel, during a quick attempt last night I got him to 1.9% (definitely killable) and I cocked up my rotation before enrage otherwise I'd have killed him!

To beat the fight though I had to become better at Monk DPS though, it was fun! I was too used to being a healer and not having a rotation be drilled into my hands (muscle memory ftw) even though I knew all the conditions. This required me to spend as much time checking my action bars for ability cooldowns as much as I was the floor for beams. I modified my interface to show me a nice energy bar and chi bar near my unit frames in the center of my screen and then set up WeakAuras to prompt ability presses. It still requires thought but allowed me to remain completely alert while maintaining my DPS.

It does sadden me though that no gear scaling is in place, I got to watch a Normal ToT geared Rogue friend kill Hexos in 1:05 even though he struggled more than I with the maze!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TommiTMX View Post
    during a quick attempt last night I got him to 1.9% (definitely killable) and I cocked up my rotation before enrage otherwise I'd have killed him!
    Don't forget to use Fortifying Brew when he's low so you can just Touch of Death him at ~5% (glyph it for Brawler's). Saved me many times on tough fights.

I had the most trouble with GG engineering so far, now I'm stuck on Anthracite.

I killed Hexos is...5-7 tries? I'm a BM Hunter and at that time I was with ilvl 507-508, now I'm ilvl 510.
    To kill Hexos, I had to slightly change my action bars, since I don't use any macros etc. The whole fight I pressed only the main abilities (GT, AS, SS, CS, BW, Stampede, KC) with Readiness -> BW when the gap came. Barely beat the enrage with ~92k DPS or more. I believe I used a flask and the Brawler's guild potion with a buff group.

I'm now stuck on Anthracite, I just don't seem to have the DPS/Burst to kill the elementals and Anthracite before all of the elementals vaporize.

I personally didn't find Hexos very hard. I thought he was very fun, instead. GG Engineering and Anthracite are much harder in my eyes. Battletron took a few tries, Dark Summoner oneshot, Meatball oneshot (very fun with 440k DPS :P), Chicken guy oneshot, Dual Mode robot took a few tries, I often died to the switch damage, or because my pet died to his melee.

The jump from Meatball - Hexos is gigantic, the jump from Rank 7 - Rank 8 isn't. Although that depends on class, some with a more difficult rotation could be worse on Hexos, since you can't focus on your rotation so well. Knowing your rotation blindfolded is good, though.

I believe I can beat most of Rank 9 with SoO LFR gear, though. Hopefully I don't need any better gear, since my realm is quite dead with PuGs...

Don't forget to use Fortifying Brew when he's low so you can just Touch of Death him at ~5% (glyph it for Brawler's). Saved me many times on tough fights.
    Holy crap. I could have used Touch of Death with nothing else long before 1.9%, I was just so focussed. Thank you! (This is the most depressing thing I've ever read)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    I had the most trouble with GG engineering so far, now I'm stuck on Anthracite.

I killed Hexos is...5-7 tries? I'm a BM Hunter and at that time I was with ilvl 507-508, now I'm ilvl 510.
    To kill Hexos, I had to slightly change my action bars, since I don't use any macros etc. The whole fight I pressed only the main abilities (GT, AS, SS, CS, BW, Stampede, KC) with Readiness -> BW when the gap came. Barely beat the enrage with ~92k DPS or more. I believe I used a flask and the Brawler's guild potion with a buff group.

I'm now stuck on Anthracite, I just don't seem to have the DPS/Burst to kill the elementals and Anthracite before all of the elementals vaporize.

I personally didn't find Hexos very hard. I thought he was very fun, instead. GG Engineering and Anthracite are much harder in my eyes. Battletron took a few tries, Dark Summoner oneshot, Meatball oneshot (very fun with 440k DPS :P), Chicken guy oneshot, Dual Mode robot took a few tries, I often died to the switch damage, or because my pet died to his melee.

The jump from Meatball - Hexos is gigantic, the jump from Rank 7 - Rank 8 isn't. Although that depends on class, some with a more difficult rotation could be worse on Hexos, since you can't focus on your rotation so well. Knowing your rotation blindfolded is good, though.

I believe I can beat most of Rank 9 with SoO LFR gear, though. Hopefully I don't need any better gear, since my realm is quite dead with PuGs...
    same, with a ilvl of 515 Anthracite for my class is pretty harsh on the enrage timer. i guess that with 5.4 LFR gear there will be no such problem with any of the bosses.

Killed Hexos at around 508 on my ele shaman. One thing to take note of is your talents. You want to make your rotation as simple as possible so spec out of ele blast (if you take it). Other than that it's just knowing your rotation really well as you don't really have time to look anywhere except the center of the screen.

Is Hexos one of those sporadic wall fights in the Brawler's progression?
    Yes, but the maze is the hard part. The DPS check is a slight ramp up from Battletron, but also consider that you probably will not be able to do a perfect rotation. Assuming you can do Hexos, you can clear up to the next DPS barrier, Ahoo'ru.

Are the fights after him as bad as him?
    No. However the DPS check is similar, but that said a perfect rotation will be significantly easier compared to Hexos.

Are we expected to have at least ToT LFR gear before we start this?
    Probably.

What Class, Spec, iLvl were you when you beat him?
    519 Retribution Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've no idea how to beat Hexos. My MS is always around the 30s and on *my screen*, he doesnt seem to hit the walls at all. Still, random deaths for no discernable reason even though I felt like I was piloting him perfectly through the gaps. One of the most frustrating encounters in WoW sofar, tempted to just give up on him. Sick and tired of dying after 3 seconds due to... fuck if I know, since he didnt hit no walls visually, but the game thinks differently.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I've no idea how to beat Hexos. My MS is always around the 30s and on *my screen*, he doesnt seem to hit the walls at all. Still, random deaths for no discernable reason even though I felt like I was piloting him perfectly through the gaps. One of the most frustrating encounters in WoW sofar, tempted to just give up on him. Sick and tired of dying after 3 seconds due to... fuck if I know, since he didnt hit no walls visually, but the game thinks differently.
    i felt it went much better when i faced myself towards the gap, forgetting about the boss' position.