Divine Insight for Disc

so now that Divine Insight is 100% chance to ignore for Disc, do you think it will be more viable vs PI?

On a fight that is 24/7 tank/spot healing like the last boss tested yesterday, yes it is, also pi is the worst talent on the tier after the ToF buff as well.

I wouldn't call PI the worst talent... The other two talents boost throughput, PI boosts throughput and mana longevity (which is obviously not an issue right now but with a new raid comes new struggles). Divine Insight looks very nice, but I don't think I will be taking it for most encounters. Maybe if there was another disc priest in the run but even then, I run 25man.

DI looks nice for Nazgrim, from the testing I did. Being able to pop shields on Bonecracker targets more often (because it also reduces their HP) was nice.

I can't think of any T15 situation I'd want DI as Disc, but there might be another mechanic where it's nice in T16.

PI will still be useful for 25 man spirit shelling... and yeah i can't really say i'd use much of DI in a 25. maybe in a 10 man with heavy PWS spam where you end up weakened souling most of the raid? also, will DI'd PWS add to an existing PWS or will it just overwrite? if they added together, that could actually be a useful tank saver combo of defensive penance into a double PWS.

also, it's probably nice for very offensive pvp play, since you can offensively penance and then you're guaranteed a PWS on whoever needs it. the tiny size of pvp teams makes it seem like that's where this talent would really shine.

PI will always remain useful to build spirit shells whatever you do.. so it really depends on predictable damage in a fight.

So unlike now, it will be an option when you pick a talent for a specific fight.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    also, will DI'd PWS add to an existing PWS or will it just overwrite?
    It gets reset with the new pw:s, similar to PoM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    On a fight that is 24/7 tank/spot healing like the last boss tested yesterday, yes it is, also pi is the worst talent on the tier after the ToF buff as well.
    Good to hear they are making one tank healing fight, I know they are not terribly exciting, but would be nice to see one per tier at least, for some variation from the eternal "pop raid cd/raid heal".

Outside tank healing fights, cant see why I would take DI as disc though.

it's a significant boost in absorb. i could definitely see using it in a fight like megaera, where you want to have spirit shell and PWS up on people going into rampage, but you might get your absorbs burned through before weakened soul falls off.

i also see it being much more useful in 10s than 25s, especially if you run with 2 discs in a 10.

I will obviously be taking it for pvp though.

I already used the old version when healing the tank on heroic Tortos.

The change to haste instead of cast time reduction sounds very interesting (for Power Infusion). I'm assuming this means that it now boosts our Shadowfiend/Mindbender like other haste increasing effects do, making Divine Insight much less attractive for most encounters, in my opinion.

power infusion has given haste since at least 5.2, though i never really used much DoTs when i had power infusion before 5.2 (as disc).

fiend/bender scale with melee haste and not spell haste.