Want to buy a new pc for wow, mid priced, but using my old gpu

So basicly I have around 500$ budget. Can't go over under any circumstance as the parts on newegg/amazon are cheaper and they don't ship to my country. And here the parts are usually +50% more expensive.

I have this gpu bought 2 months ago for my pc:
    http://www.sapphiretech.com/presenta...pid=1454&leg=0

I'm thinking about building a new rig around it, without RAM (as I get the ram for free with a new cpu) and without HDD (i'll buy this later on)

I'm thinking about buying this:
    CPU: http://www.emag.ro/procesor-amd-fx-x.../pd/ECJRNBBBM/
    Mobo: http://www.emag.ro/placa-de-baza-gig.../pd/EFMVTBBBM/
    PSU: http://www.emag.ro/sursa-inter-tech-.../pd/E0FS2BBBM/

I'm looking to run mostly wow on high settings (with 2xAA or even without) and want to be able to see the enviroment pretty nicely. I'm running with a 24" full HD 1920x1080.

What would you guys say about these parts? Does the PSU fit the req. of the CPU? What about the mobo?
    I know the gpu is a bit bad, but i'm not hoping to be able to get 60fps in 25man raids with everything on high . I just want a smooth and steady gaming pleasure. I don't really play other games and don't do a lot of video rendering lately as I render all my videos at my work pc .

What is your current PC setup and what kind of performance do you get? GPU is going to have the largest impact on performance with WoW settings.

Well, im not at home but I can say im running a 4 year old medium rig.
    AMD X2 2.6 or 2.9 ( Have no idea atm ) with 4 gb of DDR3, a 500W chinese PSU and the GPU that I listed above.I usually have smooth 40fps when pvp'ing and stuff and 60fps in instances. In LFR it drops to 20-30fps but it's still playable. Everything on medium-high ( without shadows and AA )

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, in your current rig, the CPU is the part that needs most upgrading. What is your budget specifically in Lei? When you say $500 i would assume something around 2000 Lei?

CPU: AMD FX-6350 vs. Intel i3-3220
    For WoW, both should be about the same performance. The i3 is a bit cheaper, but a comparable motherboard is usually more expensive, so it shouldn't make much of a difference. The AMD will run a bit hotter, so if you want a silent system, you might need an aftermarket heatsink***. In terms of future-proof, i would lean towards the amd, as it has more cores, and with the new consoles (Xbox One, PS4) and their 8-core APUs, i expect that games will be better optimized for multiple cores. There is also a chance, that the next cpu gen from amd will run in the same socket, so you might be able to upgrade later without buying a new board.

RAM:
    If i see this correctly, you already have 4GB DDR3 RAM and with your new cpu there also will be free bundled RAM. So no need to buy anything.

Motherboard:
    For the AMD CPU your choice is ok. The only gripe i have with that board is the missing internal USB3 header, but if you don't have a case with USB3 front connectors and don't plan to get one, this is totally fine. Additionally, if you want to OC your cpu somewhat higher, then you might want to get a board with better VRMs.
    Alternative (with a similar price): http://www.emag.ro/placa-de-baza-msi.../pd/EFVJNBBBM/
    If you go the intel i3 road, i would suggest a motherboard like this: http://www.emag.ro/placa-de-baza-asr.../pd/E4G6TBBBM/

PSU:
    Never heard of that brand, which is usually not a good sign. If that product is your aim, keep your old one. It's probably not any better or worse. If you want a new one, then i advise to stick with known brands: Corsair, Seasonic, Enermax, CoolerMaster, XFX, ...
    http://www.emag.ro/sursa-enermax-ser.../pd/ET6TKBBBM/
    http://www.emag.ro/sursa-cooler-mast.../pd/EJSFTBBBM/

Any other parts should be reusable from your old computer.

*** Get a mid-level heatsink, like
    Cooler Master Hyper 212, Xigmatek Gaia, Scythe Katana 4, Scythe Mugen 3, etc.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    CPU: AMD FX-6350 vs. Intel i3-3220
    For WoW, both should be about the same performance.
    Not true.

The i3 is a bit cheaper, but a comparable motherboard is usually more expensive, so it shouldn't make much of a difference.
    Motherboards for the i3 are considerably cheaper since overclocking capability isn't important.

The AMD will run a bit hotter, so if you want a silent system, you might need an aftermarket heatsink***. In terms of future-proof, i would lean towards the amd, as it has more cores, and with the new consoles (Xbox One, PS4) and their 8-core APUs, i expect that games will be better optimized for multiple cores.
    Huge speculation.

Next gen consoles might not be traditionally multi-core optimized. Multiple APU cores is not the same as having multiple CPU cores and thousands of GPU cores.

There is also a chance, that the next cpu gen from amd will run in the same socket, so you might be able to upgrade later without buying a new board.
    Within socket CPU upgrades generally aren't very viable, especially with how slow AMD has been progressing on the CPU front.

*** Get a mid-level heatsink, like
    Cooler Master Hyper 212, Xigmatek Gaia, Scythe Katana 4, Scythe Mugen 3, etc.
    Going with a non-OC Intel CPU wouldn't require a heatsink, diverting budget somewhere else.

so an i3 would be better than and AMD FX 6350?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    My bad, i hadn't looked up the exact benchmarks before i wrote this.
    But you also need to take into account, that these benchmarks were probably done with a pretty strong GPU, so that it wouldn't bottleneck. The GPU from the OP however is, while not a bad one, not a high end card and it will still be a limiting factor with better settings. So the i3 should still perform a bit better compared to the FX-6350, but the difference will most likely be smaller than in the comparison you linked.
    That the benchmark lists the FX-6300 and the i3-2100 doesn't matter in this case, because the differences between the two CPUs we talk here should be the same:
    i3-2100 -> i3-3220: +6.5% clock, newer generation
    FX-6300 -> FX-6350: +11.4% clock

Motherboards for the i3 are considerably cheaper since overclocking capability isn't important.
    I wrote "comparable". If you pick boards with similar features (USB3, SATA3, 4 RAM slots, etc.), the prices are about the same (but the AMD is not cheaper as i wrongly assumed). The two boards i linked would be comparable and cost about the same.

Huge speculation.

Next gen consoles might not be traditionally multi-core optimized. Multiple APU cores is not the same as having multiple CPU cores and thousands of GPU cores.
    Not correct. APU only means that the CPU cores and the (fairly powerful) GPU are on the same die. If you would, you could also call the i3 an APU (but i think the name is trademarked by AMD ). And from a technical point of view, the APUs in the next gen consoles are nothing different than the current A10/A8/etc. from AMD. They have normal CPU cores like any other CPU out there and the GPU is the same technology as the current AMD GPUs (doesn't matter if APU or discrete graphics card)
    The major differences compared to the current APUs on the market are the following:
    - more cores (8). I don't know if they are "full" cores or more like the FX-...., but that does not really matter at this point. What matters is that these cores will run considerably slower than current CPUs, most likely below 2GHz. So they NEED to optimize the games for multi-core, because the single core performance lacks severly compared to normal computers.
    - the integrated GPU is more powerful. (especially in the PS4, where they use GDDR5 RAM instead of DDR3). Number of shader cores etc. is not of immediate importance.

Within socket CPU upgrades generally aren't very viable, especially with how slow AMD has been progressing on the CPU front.
    True. But if you can have the option without paying extra for it, why not?

Going with a non-OC Intel CPU wouldn't require a heatsink, diverting budget somewhere else.
    True. That's why i mentioned it in the first place. There are certain drawbacks for going AMD, so you have to weight them against the advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by Tournique View Post
    so an i3 would be better than and AMD FX 6350?
    If we are talking purely about WoW, yes.
    For most other games the difference would be negligible, because there the GPU is the bottleneck. But as mentioned above, future games are most likely better optimized for multi-core cpus, so the amd might have a slight advantage (but not right now).
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Deleted
    I'd suggest the following:

CPU: Intel ® Core TM i5 3350P 760Lei
    Motherboard: MSI B75A-G41 300Lei
    PSU: Seasonic S12II-520 340Lei
    RAM: Kingston 8GB Dual Channel Kit (2 x 4096MB) 280Lei

Total: 1680Lei

$500 should be roughly 1700Lei, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    I'd suggest the following:

CPU: Intel ® Core TM i5 3350P 760Lei
    Motherboard: MSI B75A-G41 300Lei
    PSU: Seasonic S12II-520 340Lei
    RAM: Kingston 8GB Dual Channel Kit (2 x 4096MB) 280Lei

Total: 1680Lei

$500 should be roughly 1700Lei, right?
    Indeed, I will keep an eye out for that one thanks.