Disc priest haste build

I was wondering if anyone has done the Haste build for disc priest, and what kinda spirit do you recommend for it? Right now i am more crit with 11.5K spirit and thats fine, but i would like to go haste build for more heals, faster smite heals etc... I seen this build on Ask mr Robot and im interested... any ideas or thoughts on it ... I do have a spirit trinket i my bags
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ubbly/advanced

Deleted
    You could browse through one of the millions of "crit - mastery - haste: what's best for disc" topics around on these forums. You'll get some telling you haste is a-mazing, and some telling you you're silly for going full haste. Either way, there's some quite interesting discussion about the spirit amounts needed and balancing out rest of the stats. Have a look, any topic related to "crit vs mastery" or "what stats for disc" will include a few page long discussion about the viability and number discussion of haste

Enjoy, and get some popcorn.

Deleted
    Yeah, offstats are really close to eachother this tier for disc, it depends alot on the playstyle of the priest. I'm a mastery fan myself, using some base haste then going full out mastery for the steady stable hps it provides =)

Deleted
    15% haste is very sustainable and reasonably high HPS if you pace your self when there is not much healing to be done. I personally think 10% haste is the maximum you will need.

No matter how much haste you have 14k spirit is the maximum you will ever need.

There are some pretty clear break points for haste and atonement, namely the point where you can fit an integral number of smites into the HF-penance cycle with a PWS every 15s for rapture. If you can't fit an integral number of smites then you are losing value on haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a SS breakpoint (i.e. extra cast) at around 6350 Haste. That's as high as I've gone, and I found it to be a playstyle I didn't enjoy. So I dropped back down to 5k Haste, as in my experience, I seem to be getting more procs off of RPPM trinkets when I'm around 5k Haste.

I dump the remainder of my stats into Mastery, but as others have said, it really is a question of what works for you. That includes Spirit. With the Meta and Horridon's (god, how I hate you for having Horridon's), you can probably drop even more Spirit if you so choose.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    There's a SS breakpoint (i.e. extra cast) at around 6350 Haste. That's as high as I've gone, and I found it to be a playstyle I didn't enjoy. So I dropped back down to 5k Haste, as in my experience, I seem to be getting more procs off of RPPM trinkets when I'm around 5k Haste.

I dump the remainder of my stats into Mastery, but as others have said, it really is a question of what works for you. That includes Spirit. With the Meta and Horridon's (god, how I hate you for having Horridon's), you can probably drop even more Spirit if you so choose.
    You do realize that's the exact opposite of how rppm works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard post on release of RPPM confirm higher proc chance on haste.

This Real PPM is increased by your haste %. (The highest of your melee, ranged, or spell haste is chosen).
    Source:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6893549789

Balancing secondary stats are important, I personally feel that I get better dirct throughput from haste, however my shielding is much stronger with crit. On a fight like Magaera I prefer haste, but for Iron Q i prefer crit.

I went full haste for the first time this week too check it out. It feels much more responsive, and allows me to react quicker. However I do notice the weakness in my Spirit Shell, and overall lower DA proc rate. I realize I need much higher haste then the 5% I was rocking previously. Shooting to balance my haste around 15% pre 5% buff, and then stack my crit as high as possible from there. ]

What sparked this haste week for me was seeing how slow even my fast heals felt on the triage healing needed in transition phases on TK. I am lucky enough to play with an amazing resto shaman who seems to defy a weak class to carry me on those triage moments.

<Focus> US - Thunderlord. (20)

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc12 View Post
    No matter how much haste you have 14k spirit is the maximum you will ever need.
    Or 13.8k, 14.2k, 14.8k, etc. This isn't exactly an exact science.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denigrate View Post
    You do realize that's the exact opposite of how rppm works.
    How so? RPPM procs scale directly with your Haste %.

Edited to Add: I think I understand where the confusion lies. I had hopped up to 6350 Haste to check out the playstyle with that extra spirit shell cast, and how it felt for Holy as well (since I play Holy quite a bit). But I didn't enjoy the way it played, so I dropped back down to 5000 Haste. I did not choose to go down to 4717 Haste (the closest Lightwell breakpoint) because I have noticed, in my own experience, that I get more procs on my Meta/RPPM Trinkets with around 5000 Haste as compared to 4717 Haste. Nudging it up to 5k just seemed to make a difference for me personally.

I realize now that I worded that terribly and I'm sorry for being confusing.
    Last edited by TirielWoW; 2013-07-06 at 07:19 AM.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Your first statement sounded like 5k haste gives more procs than 6.3k, which was a bit strange, but... In most cases, I don't think you should be able to feel the difference between 5k and 6.3k, yet alone 5k and 4.7k anyway. The number of procs we get from anything during a single fight is quite low, so most of the time being lucky matters more than/just as much as your haste value.

I've tried every type of gemming as Disc -- Int, Crit, Mastery and Haste. Our secondary stats have some interesting dynamics between each other, but I feel the majority of the time Crit is superior to our other options at 520+ iLvl.

Mastery is a very close second and even come out ahead of Crit in some situations, but not enough to justify gemming for it over Crit.

Haste is very strong in situations where mana isn't a concern at all, but if that's the case you're better off just reforging out of more Spirit first.

Before the legendary healer cloak effect was revealed I was anticipating Mastery trumping Crit with high enough gear levels in 5.4, simply due to how Mastery scales with Int.. not any more though.
    Last edited by Lothrik; 2013-07-06 at 01:51 PM.

Don't buy into the haste argument. Learn to use Borrowed Time and go Crit > Mastery. As your gear level gets to 530+ start bringing your mastery up close to the same as your crit rating.
    Last edited by Lifebind; 2013-07-09 at 11:56 AM.

I have to swing holy and disc so I choose mastery. If I was going full disc I would go Crit > mastery > haste ignoring any gem bonus not Int and loading hard crit. Oh btw 5.4 disc is miles ahead again!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifebind View Post
    Learn to use Borrowed Time.
    Can u elaborate on what you mean here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyBB View Post
    Can u elaborate on what you mean here?
    He's likely referring to the playstyle wherein you cast bubble, then a cast time heal, then bubble, then another cast time heal.

I don't think he's referring to Bubble Spam, since BT no longer lowers your GCD.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Just mess around with what you want. Shouldn't need too much spirit even if you go all haste since disc's mana is pretty silly atm.