Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Wow dying or people getting to high expectations?

    This has been posted a million and one times but I just thought I would have my shout because it annoys me to hell when people say 'wow is dying,so boring' and so on and so forth but wow really isn't dying.Just think about what I'm gunna say and you will see my point exactly,so every time something new comes out you immediately expect bigger better and funner so this is exactly what people expect with wow expansions?yes so lets take cata for a example after wrath so many people thought it was gunna be amazing but..it was! I mean a dragon flying around ripping Azeroth apart? Not cool? No amazing my point is minorities off games who quit most likely will always compare good things to bad things this is exactly what's happening with wow people quit and go straight to forums to qq. Anyways my point is there is more trolls/haters on the forums instead of acctullay playing the game.
    Anyways that's just my opinions feel free to discuss.

    Peace and see you slaying dragons and stuff!

  2. #2
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,777
    WoW is doing great.
    Yes the subs are dropping, that's a fact.
    But WoW is still doing better then any MMORPG out there.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

  3. #3
    The majority of people complaining about Wow tend to be people who no longer play wow but need something to complain about because they have a computer at work and too little work to keep their brains busy.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    WoW is doing great.
    Yes the subs are dropping, that's a fact.
    But WoW is still doing better then any MMORPG out there.
    monetarily yes.

    content wise? I disagree. I don't like the feeling of playing a multi-stage rocket where most stuff gets discarded and turns into wasted spaced after so many patches.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    monetarily yes.

    content wise? I disagree. I don't like the feeling of playing a multi-stage rocket where most stuff gets discarded and turns into wasted spaced after so many patches.
    So you want content like black temple to still be valid?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by WatsonJr View Post
    So you want content like black temple to still be valid?
    I think he wants different tiers within the same expantion to be still valid...so yea that would be the TBC model of raiding.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I think he wants different tiers within the same expantion to be still valid...so yea that would be the TBC model of raiding.
    I see where he comes from like I would love MSV to still be dropping decent gear for people proggesing 5.3+

    One can only hope.

  8. #8
    Not so much multiple tiers of content.. but really like some way to have the open world matter. When the entire game is off inside the dungeons/raids/instanced pvp areas it's not really feeling like much of a "World of" anything.

    EDIT: granted I do some what miss going through series of progressive 'attunement' stuff, or whatever but that's mostly rose tinted goggles.

    the main thing that always gets under my skin is sitting in a place like the goblin city in Azshara or the now flooded salt flats in thousand needles and knowing it's just going to be 'useful' to a character for about 40 minutes (assuming they don't over shoot it in dungeons)

    just a bunch of wonkiness all around with the open world IMO.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2013-06-25 at 01:40 PM.

  9. #9
    Thing is you need to realize that WoW is almost 10 years old. Its incredible that it has even retained 8 mil subs. When it comes to gaming Age is also a factor people move onto other things and newer games for new gameplay experiences and for Some Newer graphics.

    I don't think Everquest 2 is retaining the same amount of subs as 8 years ago, no game has climbed up in subs year after year after year. This just doesnt really happen. For example im sure Ultima Online and Star Wars Galaxies have no where near the subs they had during their early years of release.

    I been playing since vanilla and ive taken breaks in each xpac when im burnt out but return when i feel the need to. I play other games like recently completed Bioshock Infinite an now im onto the Last of Us. Im still playing WoW at the same time.

    But Im looking forward ot the next expansion, admittedly im addicted to fresh expansions and levelling up again on my beloved chars.

    Moral of the story is (TLR) No game is expected to continue to grow after 8 years since release its just ridiculous to have that as an expectation.
    Last edited by Bane-Thunder-God; 2013-06-25 at 01:48 PM.
    My WoD Beta Ret lvl 100 pvp videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/Spinalc0rd

    More content to come, Like, Comment, Subscribe, Retweet, Instagram, Facebook lool i kid, i kid

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by spinalc0rd View Post
    Thing is you need to realize that WoW is almost 10 years old. Its incredible that it has even retained 8 mil subs. When is comes to gaming Age is also a factor people move onto other things and newer games for new gameplay experiences and for Some Newer graphics.

    I don't think Everquest 2 is retaining thwe same amount of subs as 8 years ago, no game has climbed up in subs year after year after year. This just doesnt really happen.

    I been playing since vanilla and ive taken breaks in each xpac when im urnt out but return when i feel the need to. I play other games like recently completed Bioshock Infinite an now im onto the Last of Us. Im still playing WoW at the same time.

    But Im looking forward ot the next expansion, admittedly im addicted to fresh expansions and levelling up again on my beloved chars.

    Moral of the story is (TLR) No game is expected to continue to grow after 8 years since release its just ridiculous to have that as an expectation.
    This.just this.

  11. #11
    Just want to point out, SWG was officially shut down as ToR was getting released (the official servers at least).

    ONly game I think is actually managing to still grow after 8 years is EvE? (just had their 10th year anniversary) But EvE is a weird, scary.... thing. compared to other games.

  12. #12
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    WoW is doing great.
    Yes the subs are dropping, that's a fact.
    But WoW is still doing better then any MMORPG out there.
    U really think its doing better than other MMORPGs?

    GW2 is still growing and all of their realms r busy.

    Right now Wow is losing players at the fastest rate than any other MMORPG... thats also a fact.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by WatsonJr View Post
    Wow dying or people getting to high expectations?
    Just wait to see the results of Q2 out in a few days from now. 1+ million additional lost subs would be, I think, a good answer to your question.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    U really think its doing better than other MMORPGs?

    GW2 is still growing and all of their realms r busy.

    Right now Wow is losing players at the fastest rate than any other MMORPG... thats also a fact.
    You are comparing apples to oranges.

    GW2 is B2P it is not a sub based MMO.

    How many players would GW2 have if it charged $15 a month?

    Way more than currently, way less than currently or about the same?

    Or to put the question another way, if WoW was B2P how many players do you think it would have?

    Way more than currently, way less than currently or about the same?
    Last edited by Quilzar; 2013-06-25 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Changed question! :)

  15. #15
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Ypo View Post
    Just wait to see the results of Q2 out in a few days from now. 1+ million additional lost subs would be, I think, a good answer to your question.
    Kotick did say he guarantees a further subs drop before the end of this year... so its safe to say the subs will be under 8mill i guess. Do u know the date of the next conference call?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by spinalc0rd View Post
    Thing is you need to realize that WoW is almost 10 years old. Its incredible that it has even retained 8 mil subs.
    Warcraft III and its offshoots LoL and DOTA are 10 years old yet they are far more popular than WoW itself.

    The game isn't losing subs because it's old, it's losing subs because the Dev Team is failing.

    Edit-@Endemonadia: Soon.

  17. #17
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    You are comparing apples to oranges.

    GW2 is B2P it is not a sub based MMO.

    How many players would GW2 have if it charged $15 a month?

    Way more than currently, way less than currently or about the same?

    Or to put the question another way, if WoW was B2P how many players do you think it would have?

    Way more than currently, way less than currently or about the same?
    If this is your only measurement then Wow is in a group of just one game... thats itself.

    Gimlix used the term MMORPG and GW2 is very much in that category.

  18. #18
    My server is dead and my very large friends list is quiet

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Not so much multiple tiers of content.. but really like some way to have the open world matter. When the entire game is off inside the dungeons/raids/instanced pvp areas it's not really feeling like much of a "World of" anything.

    EDIT: granted I do some what miss going through series of progressive 'attunement' stuff, or whatever but that's mostly rose tinted goggles.

    the main thing that always gets under my skin is sitting in a place like the goblin city in Azshara or the now flooded salt flats in thousand needles and knowing it's just going to be 'useful' to a character for about 40 minutes (assuming they don't over shoot it in dungeons)

    just a bunch of wonkiness all around with the open world IMO.
    I totally agree. I wish there were dynamic events or something like that in the open world sort of like Rift has. Something that's not instances or raids but has enough benefits to doing them that people will get out of cities to do them while at the same time not feeling like its something mandatory for people to do. I know that's almost impossible though, since for some reason the majority of the playerbase seems to think all content is mandatory content.

  20. #20
    Forums are always where the complainers go to voice complaints. Very very few go to voice appreciation. Thus, a majority of it is negative. And complainers feed off each other like wildfire. Especially when discussing the top dogs in the business. This is true for amost everything that involves social media. Negative emotions are often vocalized. Positive ones are not.

    That being said, people all have the right to vocalize their complaints and dislikes. So if they want to QQ on a forum, then I have no issue with that. It's an outlet, can create some good discussions, and heck, maybe even gets some good changes to happen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •