Deleted

Restro 25man Spirit Softcap

Hello everyone,

i am recently making the transition from 10 to 25 man and i have some questions regarding the amount of spirit we need to have a good uptime of healing rain and chain heal but at the same time provide a good mana tide for the other healers. My role my new guild is not to be a mana battery because our other healers have good gear however i still want to be able to buff their mana regen while doing decent on healing.

I have 13.5k spirit at the moment while using 2 the horridon and lei shen trinkets (both normal) however i do have a heroic thunderforged 'Inscribed Bag of Hydra Spawn' in my bags for when i make the transition to 25man next week.

My guild is currently 8/13 hc and we are looking to get 13/13 down before SoO is realised so i will be needing enough spirit to cope with all the heroic fights in tot. Any advise is welcome.

Honestly it's totally dependent on your playstyle and what you're comfortable with; since your role isn't a mana battery, I wouldn't worry about stacking more spirit you feel you need.

Hard to put an exact number on it, depends on so many factors. If you use Totemic Recall / Telluric Currents Glyph, if you have the meta, how many other Mana Tides & Priest Hymns there are, your role & playstyle, etc.

You could still feel fine with your 13.5k. I'm 11/13h 25man right now and run with 11k spirit; works for me but so could a wide range of numbers. Have fun with the 10->25 transition
    Last edited by RestoMurilo; 2013-06-28 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RestoMurilo View Post
    Honestly it's totally dependent on your playstyle and what you're comfortable with; since your role isn't a mana battery, I wouldn't worry about stacking more spirit you feel you need.

Hard to put an exact number on it, depends on so many factors. If you use Totemic Recall / Telluric Currents Glyph, if you have the meta, how many other Mana Tides & Priest Hymns there are, your role & playstyle, etc.

You could still feel fine with your 13.5k. I'm 10/13h 25man right now and run with 11k spirit; works for me but so could a wide range of numbers. Have fun with the 10->25 transition
    Im sitting on 8233 spirit and my combat regain is 10646 unbuffed, i can throw off two healing waves off and ROUGHLY one GHW and recoup a huge chunk of my mana in the same time it takes me to cast, thats how i work out how much mana i need.
    I used to use Telluric, but i barely go out of mana now days, it just depends on how you play if you have a resto druid in the raid they'll more then likely blanket the lighter damage.
    http://tcgloot.freeforums.org/
    TCG Trading forum, seeing as blizzard took our old one away...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RestoMurilo View Post
    Depends on so many factors. If you use Totemic Recall / Telluric Currents Glyph, if you have the meta, how many other Mana Tides & Priest Hymns there are, your role & playstyle, etc.
    our comp is 2 holydins, 1 holy priest and 1 disco priest, me and a mistweaver/restro druid. i do not have the meta but i do use TR on nearly every healing stream and i use the Telluric Currents glyph (but i only use it when i need to regen mana).

Resto, from Restoration.

First question: Do you have the Heroic Polarizing Seal? Because upgraded it averages about 1700 int and provides 1300 static spirit. Making it as good as Heroic Lei Shen's trinket. If not better. Horridon's is better than both of course.
    Second question: Do you have the legendary meta? If so, you can get away with about 3-5k less spirit than otherwise.

My IMO is you wanna cap out at about 15-16k without the meta and 12-13k with the meta. IT REALLY DEPENDS on your tank healing power. Which is a totally arbitrary thing that varies from guild to guild. You can probably drop another 4k spirit if the tanks survive even if you don't land clutch healing surges / greaters constantly.

More mana = bigger tank heals. It doesn't show up on meters. It doesn't show up on models. But that and a few extra sloppy chain heals is basically the only reason to get more spirit. If tank healing is keeping up, then buff the size of the heals that do show up on meters via throughput stats.

like outher have said if u dont want to be a mana battery then just run with what u think u can keep spamming rain at i have 17.2k spirit which give me nearly 18k combat regen and i can keep going the hole fight with healing rain and chain heals with some HW thrown in as well

Quote Originally Posted by Pitkanen View Post
    First question: Do you have the Heroic Polarizing Seal? Because upgraded it averages about 1700 int and provides 1300 static spirit. Making it as good as Heroic Lei Shen's trinket. If not better. Horridon's is better than both of course.
    Second question: Do you have the legendary meta? If so, you can get away with about 3-5k less spirit than otherwise.

My IMO is you wanna cap out at about 15-16k without the meta and 12-13k with the meta. IT REALLY DEPENDS on your tank healing power. Which is a totally arbitrary thing that varies from guild to guild. You can probably drop another 4k spirit if the tanks survive even if you don't land clutch healing surges / greaters constantly.

More mana = bigger tank heals. It doesn't show up on meters. It doesn't show up on models. But that and a few extra sloppy chain heals is basically the only reason to get more spirit. If tank healing is keeping up, then buff the size of the heals that do show up on meters via throughput stats.
    why do you compare lei shen trinket with polarizing seal? One is a pure throughput trinket while the other gives a mix of throughput and mana regen.

Deleted
    currently im sitting at 14.3k spirit, im reforging/gemming to crit which gives me 28% buffed. I prefer to use inscribed hydra trinket and upgraded relic of chi-ji. On most farm bosses i litteraly dont run out of mana, and i extreme cases its never below 50%.
    hope this helps abit.
    Last edited by mmoc9a805c293d; 2013-06-28 at 03:01 PM.

You can drop a lot of spirit if you use Totemic Recall glyph combined with meta for example if the meta gem procs when you normally would be casting HWs dropping a magma totem (13k) and earth elemental (16k) for free and then when the proc runs out recall them for 30k mana in 3 gcds is a huge gain and unlike most other healers the meta gem gives you mana not just stops you spending it. Just watch out for recalling any totems during a meta gem proc because when everything is free recall gives you 0 mana. I am sitting at around 9k spirit 6k crit gemming for int and int potion/flask So your output during high damage phases will be way higher but during low output phases output will be lower and regain insane

Quote Originally Posted by ganiccus View Post
    why do you compare lei shen trinket with polarizing seal? One is a pure throughput trinket while the other gives a mix of throughput and mana regen.
    I'm not exactly comparing them, but rather saying everything until it (even @549 ilvl) is trash compared to the 510 Polarizing Seal. Except horridon's which should be in the other slot.
    I'm not even sure how to treat Lei Shen's trinket on heroic, because it is throughput/throughput. But I definitely wouldn't equip hydra poo or valor if I had N/H horridons and H-Polarizing. H-Lei Shen's is the first worth consideration, since spirit is not really beneficial to us the shaman at H-ToT ilvls, and next patch lowers our mana costs even more with Riptides mana cost nerf.

Saying "everything else is trash compared to it" is a bit much, not everyone is a fan of INT-proc trinkets for healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    when the proc runs out recall them for 30k mana in 3 gcds is a huge gain
    Really good idea and i never thought of it, but i save my earth ele for high damage phases for the 20% damage reduction and the 10% healing of course. im surprised that so many of you go with the crit build with high levels of spirit, i have gone full haste with as much spirit as possible since my guild needs me as a mana battery :Z