Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    If it doesn't come with the next expansion they truly fucked up.
    yeah, I have to agree. If by now they haven't done it, well, the game is on its 5th expansion, and well they boast about the detailing they put into making pandaren models, have seen a pandaren stood next to a vanilla wow player model?
    Its hidious by comparison, its like looking at ps1 and ps3 graphics side by side.

they know vanilla models suck by comparison to what they can do.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    All I see here is people whining and crying that they aren't getting their own way.
    And all I see is people who are quick to white knight the corporation and insult people who are asking Blizz to keep their word. Like Mounted Combat from the 3.1 Patch Notes which originally showed a picture of the Mekgineer's Chopper and a Drake allowing players to fight on their mounts on the ground, or in the skies over Northrend (and Outlands).

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Give it a rest will ya?
    Benefits of an open forum, I'm allowed to speak my mind as long as it doesn't violate the rules.
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2013-06-25 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I have a hard time believing Panda model took months
    It does when you consider the numerous concepts, iterations and revisions they go through in the process of getting the character to look the way they want it. There isn't really a template. This is especially the case when they create female versions, as you can see with the Worgen they have trouble making the transitioning from generally a male-centric design.

Then add in all the new technical features the Pandaren models adds above the current ones. You have complex facial animations and finger animations that many current player models do not have. This takes a long time to do as well, and is part of the whole process of getting a character package done.

Then there's the issue of making sure every piece of armor fits the new mesh, making sure any modelling bits they might add does not conflict with the new silhouettes they give for each race.

Now factor in that this is the same team that makes models for new mounts and new bosses for each new raid tier and patch you see. Also factor in they're working on whatever the next expansion is. It really is a lot of work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeleNC View Post
    Woah woah woah! Now we are talking semantics... Either you want new models... or you want new animations and everything, when does it end?
    What? they are doing new models, skeletons and animation to all of the old races (This we know). The Orcs and Trolls are the only current models which have the animations completed (Animations are the last step).

Not sure what you are talking about.

At this point I'm surprised they haven't released a dual graphics engine like Rift has. If I remember right, Rift has a crappy engine for crappy computers, and a higher end one for better computers. I think they need to do the same with WoW. The game just looks so dated at this point. People say the Pandaren models are good but they still look like low poly models with mediocre textures slapped over them. Blizzard has said in the past that they like the way the game is because they want it to be playable on as many PC's as possible, but the game is really starting to show it's age. And to those people who are crying and saying they'd rather have more content.. It's Blizzard. They have near infinite resources and can do both at the same time. This isn't a stupid exaggeration, they pull in so much money every month just on subs and digital content alone, not to mention they are owned/partnered with Activision, who has so much money they can just throw it at whatever they want.

I don't even want to imagine the grief and anger from the player base if these won't be ready in the next expansion!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's not forget, we have no idea how many months before a new expansion is released and the Pandaren model was a totally new model, updated models will be based off existing models and are more of an enhancement ie additional animations skeleton and polygons.

Deleted
    Character development is a long and tedious process where a lot of iterations are made before you see anything close to final. There where probably a hundrad different pandaren character designs before they settled for thatone. That take months together with the rigging and animation of it. The rigs for the new models are more complex than the old models, and that needs new animation as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeleNC View Post
    Also, it just dawned upon me. Blizzard has promised us things before in the past...

Concerned Idiot: "ZOMG! They Copyrighted Mists of Pandaria, i am going to NERDRAGE if I have to play Pandas!"
    Blizzard: (paraphrazing) The Mists of Pandaria is not the new Expansion

...fast-forward 6 months later...

Blizzard: Sup guys! Pandas!

Oh yeah... and who could forget!

WRATH OF THE LICH KING... ZOMG!... NEW DANCES!

Blizzard: Lawl!
    They never said MoP wasn't the new expansion, they said usually when they do anything pandaran related it is a TCG or something along those lines (its called PR talk). Also, the dances were coming in Cataclysm, not WotLK.

I really believe you are just trying to bait arguments at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    They have been working on them for over a year now. They WILL be a selling point for next expansion mark my word.
    Yeah, I agree with this. Expecting the next expansion to not bring any new race or new class but revamped character models for a few races, I don't think they will get more then 2 or 3 done for starters.

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 05:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    I don't even want to imagine the grief and anger from the player base if these won't be ready in the next expansion!
    I can and that grief and anger didn't seem to affect the introduction of pandas as a playable race.

10+ Year Old Account

Thats Blizzard excuse for everything instead of just answering people honestly.
    Here come the Irish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    Look, Mr. Scott, I'd love to explain everything to you, but the Captain wants this spectrographic analysis done by 1300 hours.
    [La Forge goes back to work; Scotty follows slowly]
    Scotty: Do you mind a little advice? Starfleet captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. But the secret is to give them only what they need, not what they want.
    Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: Yeah, well, I told the Captain I'd have this analysis done in an hour.
    Scotty: How long will it really take?
    Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: An hour!
    Scotty: Oh, you didn't tell him how long it would *really* take, did ya?
    Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: Well, of course I did.
    Scotty: Oh, laddie. You've got a lot to learn if you want people to think of you as a miracle worker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holybeatdown View Post
    Let's not forget, we have no idea how many months before a new expansion is released and the Pandaren model was a totally new model, updated models will be based off existing models and are more of an enhancement ie additional animations skeleton and polygons.
    Why dont they just do like they do with everything else and just re-use current models.
    Here come the Irish.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am banking on the new player models being a selling feature for the next expansion. Hopefully we can get a preview when Blizzcon rolls around.

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    Actually, it's a fairly honest answer. You don't know how long it really takes and they make it look easy. How would you gauge how much development time it takes to create player models?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    They never said MoP wasn't the new expansion, they said usually when they do anything pandaran related it is a TCG or something along those lines (its called PR talk). Also, the dances were coming in Cataclysm, not WotLK.

I really believe you are just trying to bait arguments at this point.
    Dance studio was promoted for wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Also Virtual Realms.
    merging servers is never a selling point :P

We will prolly get them for Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    And all I see is people who are quick to white knight the corporation and insult people who are asking Blizz to keep their word.
    People like you are the reason Blizzard doesn't give their word in the first place. Which also means that you can't hold them to it, as they never gave it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    People like you are the reason Blizzard doesn't give their word in the first place. Which also means that you can't hold them to it, as they never gave it.
    Mounted Combat was suppose to come in with 3.1 Other paths NOT taken by Blizz, but announced as features. I won't even mention Dance Studio since I have no dog in that fight.