Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

AMD Commercial..wut?

So AMD has released a commercial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH6XayaLTw8 which basically says that nvidia's gpus are not the way to go for PC gaming.
    What's your opinion on it? Do you think that it will affect AMD's reputation in a bad way?

Deleted
    not really, i like it, if it brings on more aggressive advertising from both camps, better for us consumers means they will actually have a war with each other for the products.

should add, samsung does advertising like this against apple, its nothing new, just gave me a laugh this, all good for us really

I think this guy summed it up pretty nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by arnycracker8
    I'm not nVidia user, but this ad is very, very poor
    There's nothing wrong with a company saying its products are better, but filming two dudes talking then wailing on a graphics card isn't a good way to advertise.

what? should they have said "don't buy AMD, buy nvidia instead because their product is better?"

Gotta be hard for AMD being behind, though this is a commercial for their game bundle and not their inferior GPUs.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me it just looked like a joke, probably referencing all the constant fanboy wars. I laughed a bit anyway.

Deleted
    ads are normally boring, dont see anything wrong with this really, companies poke each other, nothing wrong with that either, the whole point in ads is to grab attention, dunno why people think people who buy these products are boring sods that watch boring ads to go with it

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Gotta be hard for AMD being behind, though this is a commercial for their game bundle and not their inferior GPUs.
    CPU =/= GPU.

I laughed. "I never settle""

Deleted
    he must be referring to the titan lol, also, thank you, for getting the humour ;P

I have a GTX 680, and apart from one red-team card have pretty much only used nVidia.
    I still think this is a brilliant commercial.

Must be hard for them, selling better now than they have in years, eating up lost marketshares on nVidia, yeah.. Do be serious. Nothing is inferior about their GPUs. It took nVidia two generations to catch up. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty funny ad.
    AMD needs to release their cards soon though, no AMD card is worth buying now.

760 over the 7870 XT & 7950
    770 over the 7970

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 04:24 PM ----------

I'm pretty sure AMD makes a much larger income with the PS4/X1 using their technology
    Last edited by Toffie; 2013-06-25 at 04:24 PM.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post

770 over the 7970
    Don't forget the 650 Ti over the 7770 and the 650 Ti Boost over the 7850.

I'm pretty sure AMD makes a much larger income with the PS4/X1 using their technology
    Not necessarily. Bulk orders also mean bulk discounts. Its a lot of revenue, but it doesn't necessarily bring in a lot of profit, which is whats necessary for AMD to expand and grow.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Do be serious. Nothing is inferior about their GPUs.
    Some things are... maybe Nvidia should make a counter commercial with a guy who is stuttering all the time and who gets help from Dr.Nvidia to make fun of their microstuttering issues.

Deleted
    well, need to say something about the microstuttering, not suffered from it, more so, its supposed to more eased up on the latest drivers, so is that argument even valid anymore?

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 05:54 PM ----------

wait unless you mean amds xfire. then ye thats bad :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Some things are... maybe Nvidia should make a counter commercial with a guy who is stuttering all the time and who gets help from Dr.Nvidia to make fun of their microstuttering issues.
    To be fair both AMD and Nvidia cards suffer from stuttering, my 7970 does it and so does my 770. The issue occurred more often on the ATI card, but was much more noticeable on the nVidia card. Both companies need to sort their shit out, as for the price top end cards cost they shouldn't have such issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    well, need to say something about the microstuttering, not suffered from it, more so, its supposed to more eased up on the latest drivers, so is that argument even valid anymore?
    My 7970 ran perfectly, only issue with the series is with crossfire which should be getting a driver update soon.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    ye both sides are good, i do want to see more stuff like this

Deleted
    Pretty funny ad.

770 over the 7970
    Kinda depends on what resolution you play at. If its anything higher than 1080p, I think AMD is still a bit better than Nvidia (except for the 780).
    But for 1080p, you can pretty much get a 760 and be done with it.

Personally I found it quite funny, and they never directly said that they were the outright best, or didn't mention that they were the best price/performance, just that they are "the gamers choice for PC and console gamers", not necessarily "enthusiast" level so you could look it at that way.

Yeah, AMD and Nvidia GPUs are about on equal footing, but currently Nvidia has their newer line of GPUs out (GTX 700 series) the newer ones that should be coming out from AMD Soon(tm) should put them back to equal, trading blows depending on what game(s) you like to play.

There used to be a lot of games that "supported" Nvidia and lots with PhysX which basically put Nvidia ahead in all of those games but now there seems to be a lot picking sides with AMD like with their "Never settle" mainly Squeenix / Ubisoft games.

I vaguely remember seeing that AMD cards generally do better slightly at higher resolutions than 1080p than Nvidia as mentioned earlier (though most gamers typically game at 720p or 1080p).
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    AMD is paying big bugs for EA, Ubisoft... + Sony/MS/Apple (giving chips cheap) to get more support/optimization for theyr drivers/GPU in the near future. Nvidia needs to think up something soon, or drivers will get even worse for new games.
    Last edited by mmoc198caea9b6; 2013-06-25 at 09:19 PM.