Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    i used cascade myself (i'm a spriest but i played holy for our first kill) for the first dozen pulls.

cascade and halo really do just have different usages. in my raid's case, the extra healing from halo just ended up being more useful. that said, cascade itself can do some decent healing but it caps out at 15 targets and i think with a 25 sec CD you'll end up having one cascade late into the fight that won't line up with a jolt (actually, it might. i'm not too sure what the casting timer on jolt is. boss mods will tell you it's 20 secs after the cast is finished that the next jolt will begin being cast, so it just might work.)

in addition, cascade is guaranteed to net more DPS for your spriests than halo since cascade will do full damage to the small golems. also, if your spriests are soaking swaps, casting cascade on a nearby friendly target would be far easier than being in position to halo your raid every other jolt.

i've considered using cascade for the fight but i'm one of those "if it ain't broke don't fix it" type of people. that said, i have no doubts that cascade can be as good if not better than halo that fight. actually now that i think about it, the healing from cascade would probably trump the healing from halo since it's guaranteed to hit at least 15 people.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cascade might be less dependant on positioning and maybe even end up healing for more, but Halo offers unmatched burst healing on pretty short cooldown. Quickly toping the raid before/after Jolt is far more valuable than slowly watching Cascade bounce for several seconds - and with proper positioning it's like mini Revival, except usable more than once. I guess it depends on healing composition, I far preferred burst with mine.

As a Disc I prefer to take care of dispels myself. Between shields and mending it's possible to dispel almost instantly, making Swap + Jolt combo largely harmless. Sure, in theory, I could try to cast Spirit Shell for Jolts, but pushing that button seems to immediately attract Fonts, making it almost impossible to actually cast more than couple PoHs.

Deleted
    The only problem I'd see with Halo looking from the way we are currently doing it, is the positioning in order to make Halo a) hit most of the raid and b) hit for a decent amount. I'm guessing the ranged could gather a bit more once the small golems are dead (e.g. not be on two opposite sides of the boss). Currently it's a bit of an awkward spell to position as I'm tanking a small golem at the start myself.
    We will have 3-4 priests there, 1 holy, 1-2 discs and 1 shadow. Guessing 4 would be ideal in order to be able to use 2 Halos around each Jolt, maybe even one before, one after.

And yeah I've noticed the same with SS, god forbid I should push that damned button, will be moving nonstop for Fonts for the next 15 seconds

I think the biggest problem we ran into during ydays tries was when the warlocks who's pets were tanking a small golem got Matter Swapped, which apparently lead to the pet being too far away from the owner which again lead to them running to the warlock (I think they ran rather than got teleported) which then lead to the pets mini golems running through the middle buffing random things. Will have to muck around with the pet tanking positioning to prevent that I suppose.