Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    The main question is, did she do it out of the goodness of her heart, or because she is manipulating them?
    Compared to how she was in "The Shattering - Prelude to Cataclysm" novel and how she acts to adventurers who talk to her during cataclysm quests, she suddenly made a 180 personality wise in the "Blood in the Snow" scenario.
    What does she have to do to manipulate them? I've seen nothing from Muradin or Falstad to indicate that they wouldn't let her son (does he have a name?) take his rightful place when he comes of age.

I also can't imagine her goal is to reignite the War of the Three Hammers, which is what would happen if she tried to usurp Falstad or Muradin - both of whom have power bases elsewhere.

All she needs to do is not make any more overt moves, and then it's just a question of time.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    What does she have to do to manipulate them? I've seen nothing from Muradin or Falstad to indicate that they wouldn't let her son (does he have a name?) take his rightful place when he comes of age.

I also can't imagine her goal is to reignite the War of the Three Hammers, which is what would happen if she tried to usurp Falstad or Muradin - both of whom have power bases elsewhere.

All she needs to do is not make any more overt moves, and then it's just a question of time.
    I don't even see how she can stand a chance period. There was a civil war between the dark irons and the twilights hammer is not an option for any kind of support. If she did anything to oppose the council she would not succeed.

If anything shes just trying to get her son the throne which would be the perfect middle finger to her father since he doesn't approve of anything she did for love but her dad is a statue now so shes kinda left without anything to do for her petty revenge on her dad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atm it's not directly about her son. Until now she's been doing what she can to get the Dark Irons fully accepted by the other Dwarves and the Alliance so that her son has a united people. Fire and Iron demonstrates how she spread lies about the Wildhammers to divert the animosity towards the Dark Irons.

"Kurdran barely heard Moira’s words. His thoughts were racing. The strange rumors about the Wildhammers. The steady escalation of tension brought about because of the falsified parchment found in the library. Even Moira’s defense of his clan. All of it had painted the Wildhammers as nonconformists and methodically eaten away at their reputation. As a result, attention had shifted from Ironforge’s usual object of animosity: the Dark Irons."

Atm it's mission accomplished for Moira. Her son is guaranteed to sit on the throne as was agreed with the council's formation and she now has the Dwarven clans more united than ever so that her son has unified people.

It's really funny when you think about it because despite her shadowy methods all she's been trying to do is get rid of prejudice amongst the Dwarves which is pretty honest as far as intentions go.

Sorry for the minor necro, but I finally read the short story so I wanted to add to this. Some have reacted negatively (understandably) to Moira's actions in the story because they see it for the deviousness of it and thus are projecting it on to her actions in the scenario.

But I have a different take (and one somewhat echoed by Scummer). It wasn't that she wanted to make the Wildhammer look bad per se, it's that she wasn't aware of any other action she could take to make the Dark Irons look better.

I think she learned a lesson in the story, and that's why she's willing to volunteer in the scenario. She no longer sees tearing down others as a way to get respect (or at least, less animosity), she sees that striving to make her own look better can work as well.

Of course, I could be wrong, but at the same time (as already stated) ... she seems to have what she wants. There doesn't seem to be any gain for her in making further moves.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2013-07-21 at 11:08 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way that pudgy little dwarf could even be even a tenth of the amazing Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    No way that pudgy little dwarf could even be even a tenth of the amazing Sylvanas.
    That pudgy little dwarf would never be stupid enough to take a headshot. Sylvanas' entire career has been one of fail after fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    That pudgy little dwarf would never be stupid enough to take a headshot. Sylvanas' entire career has been one of fail after fail.
    I recall headshotting her multiple times in BRD.

I recall headshotting her multiple times in BRD.
    That's your fail, not the character's. You're supposed to keep her alive.

That pudgy little dwarf would never be stupid enough to take a headshot.
    Thats the beauty of headshots. Try to be egghead, and it only gives others bigger target.

Deleted
    Exactly. And to quote a certain orc in ICC:
    Hahaha. Dwarves...

15+ Year Old Account
    No, no If there's one thing that scenario does is to show that she won't be the Alliance Sylvanas.
    When Varian says that the other leaders should be ashamed, she replies that the Dark Iron seek to impress, not to shame. That the others shouldn't feel ashamed, they should feel grateful.
    I don't have any reason to distrust her yet.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    If you have done the Alliance scenario "Blood in the Snow", you will see that Moira Bronzebeard, current Queen-Regent of the Dark Iron Clan, is gaining the trust of Varian and the Alliance heroes by offering to help and clear the Troll menace attacking Ironforge.

Moira is becoming a very crafty and ruthless woman. By throwing her support behind Varian's effort, she is showing everyone that she's the "true leader" of the Dwarves while making the Bronzebeard and Wildhammer leaders like ineffectual fools.

I think she will eventually incite Civil War within the dwarves, abolish the Council of Three Hammers, and emerge victorious as the ruler, with Dark Iron becoming the dominant faction. At least, that's what I think Blizzard is moving the story torwards
    Also by the time the next expansion comes, Moira's son will be grown up and by her own words: "In time, my son shall rule the Dark Irons, and perhaps all of Ironforge as well."

Basically she is becoming like the Sylvanas of the Alliance, well maybe not portrayed as evil or sadistic right now, but I think they are both very intelligent and manipulative. Blizzard probably feels the Alliance needs a dark and evil leader to create some chaos within the faction.

So what do you think? Is Moira going to overcome the current Council status quo and become a tyrant leader or not?
    Become like Sylvannas? You mean like, tossed aside in all major lore events? despite a tremendous story potential?......yeah..prolly...this entire game revolves around the orc warchief and the human king...period...sure the other species have bit roles to play, but thats about it..biggest example of /icantbelieveyoufuckedthisup was the Arthas fight

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Exactly. And to quote a certain orc in ICC:
    Saurfang was terrified of the dwarves, that's why he took them out rather than take them on.

She could've been and could still be, but her actions in 5.3 and 5.4 suggest otherwise. We'll see.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Deleted
    Nah she wont, she is an alliance leader. So her story will be crap

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Become like Sylvannas? You mean like, tossed aside in all major lore events? despite a tremendous story potential?......yeah..prolly...this entire game revolves around the orc warchief and the human king...period...sure the other species have bit roles to play, but thats about it..biggest example of /icantbelieveyoufuckedthisup was the Arthas fight
    Tremendous story potential? Like trusting a dreadlord and hope he doesn't stab her in the back? (which he did)
    Having that same trust in an enemy that you just reanimated as a free person, and getting shot in the head? (Lord Godfrey, a Gilnean)
    The ''interesting'' story that she has Val'kyr that can sacrifice themselves to resurrect her?

A human paladin finishing off a human that screwed over his kingdom (Lordaeron) and the order that he used to be part of? (considering Arthas pretty much destroyed a large part of the Order of the Silver Hand)

Compared to an elf that happened to get turned into a banshee by Arthas? I think the Tirion deserved it more. Not to mention the continuous torture that Bolvar went through. Sylvanas wasn't the only one that got tortured, in that regard.

As for the thread's question, I doubt Moira will be the Sylvanas of the Alliance. I see the ending of the Blood in the Snow scenario more as something that united that 3 dwarf clans. At least the part that Lorewalker Cho shows the players shows that the 3 clans united to help Varian in the war effort.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

I want moira to lock orcs and trolls in iron golems.

moira will be the Moira of the Alliance.

and dont discount sylvanis. She's more than just some elf that arthas roze. Trivializing makes for a poor argument.

I honestly don't understand the hate towards Sylvanas... She's found a way to make HUGE armies of Undead. It's simply brilliant what she can do, with her Val'Kyr.

Quote Originally Posted by pharix View Post
    no offense but what does that have to do with anything?
    No one wants to come to the aid/defense of fatty patty. She's got like 25% of the hit points of the Sylvanas and half that in backbone.