Deleted

Upgrading my computer setup, need advice

The 25th of July and August I'll be getting paychecks for my summer job and I'd like to use some of that to upgrade my computer setup. I'm here for some advice regarding exactly what products to buy so let's get started.

Here's my current setup:

CPU: i5-2500K@4.0GHz with stock cooler
    GPU: Radeon HD 6750
    RAM:4GB DDR3-1600MHz
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
    PSU: Corsair CX V2 500W
    Case: NZXT Phantom
    HDD: 1TB Harddrive@7200rpm
    Monitor #1: Philips 24"
    Monitor #2: Samsung 17"
    Keyboard: Razer Arctosa

Now, let's move down the list.

CPU:

This was the go to CPU when I built my computer and I assume I don't need to upgrade it in the next couple of years, besides, I'd have to get a new motherboard to use the new Haswell socket. What I do want is a CPU cooler. Would a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo suffice or would I want to invest in a Noctua NH-D14 or Corsair Hydro H80i? Maybe something else?

GPU:

My graphics card is the biggest bottleneck to my computer right now and I'd like something that can play the newest games on high settings. What I'm considering right now is the 7850, 7870, 660 and would consider the 7950 if necessary. I'd like to stay in that price range but I read that the new 760 is going to be really cheap, could someone tell me how much it will cost and when it's released in Sweden. I'd also like to know what brands I should be looking at when buying graphic cards.

RAM:

I'd like to increase my RAM to 8GB. Now I'm wondering if I'd have to buy the same RAM sticks or if I can mix and match with another pair of 2x2GB RAM. (Here's my current RAM)

Motherboard:

This one should suffice, right?

PSU:

Is this enough power for a setup like this with the new graphics card etc because of the energy efficiency with the newer generations? If I need a new one, how many Watts do I need?

Case:

This will do for now and maybe even my next computer.

SSD:

I'm looking for a drive for my operating system and my primary applications/games. I want one that's around the 800SEK pricetag, has got a 120GB capacity and is reliable and fast. Are any of these two any good? Have you got any other suggestions? One, Two

HDD:

I need an additional drive for all my media since my current 1TB HDD is full so I'm getting a 2TB HDD@7200rpm and 64MB cache.

Monitors:

I'm looking for a cheap 24" IPS monitor to use as a primary monitor and then move my current 24" TN monitor to the secondary spot. Not looking for anything too fancy but something at the 1200-1500SEK pricepoint. Are any of these two any good or can you recommend another one? One, Two

Keyboard:

I want to switch to a mechanical keyboard. After trying all the switches I decided that I like Cherry MX Blues the most. It should be around the 1000SEK price point and not the Razer Blackwidow. Any suggestions? QPAD MK-80/50 maybe?

Any advice and/or suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mmoc9eb0d33af1; 2013-06-25 at 06:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    CPU:
    I think if you're sticking around the 4.0-4.2GHz mark, a CM hyper 212 EVO will do.

GPU:
    I suggest the 760

RAM:
    Afaik, sticking with the same sticks is better

MoBo:
    I wouldn't change mobo unless you're going Haswell

PSU:
    Should suffice

Case:
    N/A

SSD:
    I'd go for the Samsung you linked, although I'm not sure why you want the kit and not just the SSD itself

HDD:
    I don't see anything wrong with that HDD, although many prefer Western Digital (look into them)

Monitors:
    I don't know much about other monitors but I do know this: I own this (http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/hardv...n_23-hdmi-ips/ ) and I love it. Colors are great, have had no problems, one of the best buys I've made in a while. No regrets with it.

Keyboard:
    Hows this? http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/hardv...m_quickfire_tk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripox View Post
    SSD:
    I'd go for the Samsung you linked, although I'm not sure why you want the kit and not just the SSD itself

Keyboard:
    Hows this? http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/hardv...m_quickfire_tk
    I'm pretty sure the basic kit is just the SSD while the desktop/laptop kit comes with brackets and cables.

I really like that keyboard, I'll probably pick that one.

Anyone else?
    Last edited by mmoc9eb0d33af1; 2013-06-25 at 09:24 PM.

Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    A GTX 760 looks like the perfect buy then. What cooler would you recommend? The MSI Gaming OC 2GB looks good.

The Samsung SSD I linked is only available with the basic kit and notebook/desktop kit. I'm getting the basic kit.

By the way. When I get my SSD I'll want to reinstall windows. The only problem is that I "lost" my windows disk. How would I go about formatting the drive?