Page 64 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    I should have clarified what I meant by it. It being the fetus. The fetus is not the mother.
    Why? You've never bothered clarifying any of the other statements you give.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Life isn't inherently valuable

And also life needs to be defined, which is hard to do and will almost always end up being arbitrary
    Your values are different than mine, do not state your values as everyone's values.

It just boggles my mind that anyone would place the value of getting sex without worry over the value of a child (or for you nitpickers what can become a child).

Quote Originally Posted by Grumash View Post
    No analogy is perfect, you take advantage of the imperfection of such to make a flawed point. The point of saying value is of life, not of monetary concern, but that was the best analogy I could think of on the spot.
    If you're analogy is so bad that it can be twisted with very little effort, you were better off just stating your point in place of an analogy.

Still, I'm amused that you would complain about flawed points after your hilariously wrong reading of my words which generated the criminal fetus idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Sometimes I wish some of the people in this thread were aborted.
    I lol'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is its own individual. It is not the mother, and it is not the father. It is a completely new human.
    It is both the mother and the father. It is not an individual. To be an individual, one must not be biologically/physically attached to another.

Siamese twins, for example; one individual, two brains.

Relinquish your mystical concepts of humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your values are different than mine, do not state your values as everyone's values.
    You mean like you were doing when you said foeti are human beings with intrinsic value? Hypocrite.

It just boggles my mind that anyone would place the value of getting sex without worry over the value of a child (or for you nitpickers what can become a child).
    Good for you. Why do you feel you should impose this on women that don't share your values?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Why? You've never bothered clarifying any of the other statements you give.
    I have multiple times.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm going to go ahead and state again that this line of thinking is fallacious. Abortions don't exist exclusively to allow women to be super sluts without worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account

I said inherently valuable. You can construct whatever value you want. But it doesn't change the innate quality of the value.

It isn't a child. I don't think anyone here would sacrifice their 7 year old to have sex once without having to worry about pregnancy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    This reminds me of a quote by former Prime Minister of Australia Gough Whitlam.

"Mister Whitlam, what is your opinion of abortion?"

"Well in your case, it should have been retrospective."
    Implying that people should have been aborted is a horrible thing to do. You should feel ashamed of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bervose View Post
    That is false. In terms of both language and law Murder is described as having to be 'unlawful'. Abortions are legal, thus it is not murder.

The 'human being'/pre-human in question is only 'alive' due to it being a parasite within the woman's body. Thus, the woman's autonomy trumps the foetus' right to 'life'.
    The main argument of this thread is about if abortion should be legal. I do not believe it should, and thus it would be murder.

That is very interesting language you are using. To be a parasite, an organism must be there against the will of a host. You may argue that the mother does not want the baby thus it is a parasite. However the mother was very happy to create this 'parasite', not to mention even viewing a fetus this way is morally appalling to me.

Deleted
    I said inherently valuable. You can construct whatever value you want. But it doesn't change the innate quality of the value.

It isn't a child. I don't think anyone here would sacrifice their 7 year old to have sex once without having to worry about pregnancy.
    Yet they would kill a human in an earlier stage anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and state again that this line of thinking is fallacious. Abortions don't exist exclusively to allow women to be super sluts without worry.
    If you have not been in this thread long, I will restate that in the case of rape or threat to the life of the mother, I believe abortion could be an alternative to full term.

10+ Year Old Account
    Implying that people should have been aborted is a horrible thing to do. You should feel ashamed of yourself.
    This was a quote made by a former Prime Minister of Australia, not me.

And even if I did, I probably wouldn't feel ashamed. Some people are just a complete waste of air.

Grumash how do define a human?

Humans have rights, a fetus is a human. I'm not going over this again. You can find out all about this from

A. Biology class
    If you ever got around to taking one, you'd be saying the opposite.

Well...who am I kidding. People like you are so hopelessly brainwashed that no amount of information is enough to make you change your stance. Maybe take your own advice and do a little research before assuming the science is on your side of the...."argument"...

10+ Year Old Account
    The main argument of this thread is about if abortion should be legal. I do not believe it should, and thus it would be murder.

That is very interesting language you are using. To be a parasite, an organism must be there against the will of a host. You may argue that the mother does not want the baby thus it is a parasite. However the mother was very happy to create this 'parasite', not to mention even viewing a fetus this way is morally appalling to me.
    Again, do you think that we shouldn't offer medical treatment to drunk drivers?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is connected/inside of the mother, but it is not the mother.
    It is the mother, because it is part of her body. Physically and biologically attached. It doesn't matter if it shares the same exact genetic material.

Cancerous lesions are part of someone's body as well.

Grumash how do define a human?
    goddammit wells, we finally got off of that "debate", dont start it again
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    goddammit wells, we finally got off of that "debate", dont start it again
    The lack of ideological introspection among the forced birthers is astounding. Those people never actually stop to think about their beliefs.

Deleted
    It is the mother, because it is part of her body. Physically and biologically attached. It doesn't matter if it shares the same exact genetic material.

Cancerous lesions are part of someone's body as well.
    A zygote is not a body part, no. A zygote is its own individual being. You're basically arguing that a common parasite would be the same as an arm. The funny thing here is that you think a zygote shares the exact same biological make up as its mother, which it does not.