Need Help with Celestial Blessings Legendary Quest

Ok I finally finished my Titan runestone part of the quest and killed Lei Shen and turned in his Black Heart. I then proceeded to spend the next two hours wiping over and over and over to the tune of 1k repair bill on the DPS Xuen Challenge.

My ilvl is 515 for DPS as fury my ilvl for my tanking stuff is like 490(i tried doing the tank challenge and was just getting wrecked)

My Best attempt on Wrathion was 60% before I died this was before his mirror images popped up.

Any assistance would be great this is what i am running into as issues

When he does Crumbling arc if I am behind him and can still hit him I take like 5% damage so if i stay out of melee range i don't get hit

Rain of Fire no problem dodging that

My issue is the adds/Blood of Deathborn. I have read the strat pop die by the sword and aoe down the adds when they spawn BUT every time i pop die by the sword Wrathion leaps away and then drops Blood of Deathborn on me. If i charge him to interrupt it my die by the sword has now expired and the adds wreck me. If i manage to kite the adds the end up getting killed cause I am not interrupting Blood of the Deathborn and it's all of the room and when Crumbling arc gets me sandwiched.

And when I do make it into the mirror image phased I got adds chasing me around, I"m at like 15% health and I'm rage starved

but besides all that my #1 issue is I"m RAGE STARVED the entire fight.

Any help would be appreciated I have seen videos for monks, DK's and pally's make it look easy but they can all HEAL my 15% heal every 30 secs isn't cutting it.

You know I found it funny as I was fighting him today. I'm 530 and he has a lot of mechanics. I have no clue how people with LFR quality gear are going to beat him. I just destroy the first set of adds, then fear the next set. I always interupt his cast Blood of Deathborn. He didn't get a chance to do his clones. I also flasked and ate for this fight. Good luck.

Everything except the arcs are interruptable, including the add cast IIRC. Make sure you're dpsing from behind him, pop all your CD's when you have a clear 10-15 seconds of being behind or atleast a 5 second window with CS. He takes a freight train amount of damage if you attack from behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    You know I found it funny as I was fighting him today. I'm 530 and he has a lot of mechanics. I have no clue how people with LFR quality gear are going to beat him. I just destroy the first set of adds, then fear the next set. I always interupt his cast Blood of Deathborn. He didn't get a chance to do his clones. I also flasked and ate for this fight. Good luck.
    Don't stand in the bad and interrupt and you will win.

Use second wind, shockwave and piercing howl.
    Of course dodge the rain of fire and the arc.

When the adds spawned i used shockwave -> thunderclap -> fear -> die by the swords, all while still damaging wrathion. After the the next shockwave -> thunderclap, i applied piercing howl and started to kite the adds through the room, while looking out for blood of deathborn. When he casts, charge him, wait 1-2 sec for the cast and interrupt it, apply thunderclap and start kiting again. For me, the adds died one after another, which was good because i cood just dps wrathion and cleave them with sweeping strikes after they got ressurected. Also while kiting the adds, when he casts his arc make sure to not continue to walk in a circle, but walk in the direction he came from. Normaly you should end up right at his back, rather then in the front of his arc (which killed me several times cause the visual hitbox is smaller then the real one...)

For me, it was more about execution, rather than dps. So it can definitly done with LFR gear (mine was 504).

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Don't stand in the bad and interrupt and you will win.
    Absolutely agree. Problem I was having was the only time he let me DPS from behind was when he did his arc, other then that Wrath would always be facing me (glitch?) Also he does no spell cast for the slimes, please explain how this is interuptable? Maybe I had some glitches going on. Part that was killing me was when the 2nd oozes came out and he did his mirror image deal. Meh, it is what it is, and I have him down.

So rather than killing the adds this is what i did.

Burn Wrathion until adds spawn use piercing howl and fear to control the adds; keep dpsing on Wrathion do not stop. After fear fades the targets will still be slowed so you will have time to continue DPS'ing, kite Wrathion around the room while avoiding adds remember to re apply piecing howl, a good tip is to range from wrathion, quickly heroic leap and re apply howl to the adds and charge Wrathion to range yourself from the adds. Save rage for the phase where you will need to kill his mirror images (Use Whirlwind) and continue kiting the adds, be sure when fear comes off cd to set yourself up to fear the small adds to gain more dps time on Wrathion.

Hope this helps i could explain more if needed just let me know.

I wiped around 6 times attempting to kill the adds and then 1 shot doing it this way.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilesz View Post
    Ok I finally finished my Titan runestone part of the quest and killed Lei Shen and turned in his Black Heart. I then proceeded to spend the next two hours wiping over and over and over to the tune of 1k repair bill on the DPS Xuen Challenge.

My ilvl is 515 for DPS as fury my ilvl for my tanking stuff is like 490(i tried doing the tank challenge and was just getting wrecked)

My Best attempt on Wrathion was 60% before I died this was before his mirror images popped up.

Any assistance would be great this is what i am running into as issues

When he does Crumbling arc if I am behind him and can still hit him I take like 5% damage so if i stay out of melee range i don't get hit

Rain of Fire no problem dodging that

My issue is the adds/Blood of Deathborn. I have read the strat pop die by the sword and aoe down the adds when they spawn BUT every time i pop die by the sword Wrathion leaps away and then drops Blood of Deathborn on me. If i charge him to interrupt it my die by the sword has now expired and the adds wreck me. If i manage to kite the adds the end up getting killed cause I am not interrupting Blood of the Deathborn and it's all of the room and when Crumbling arc gets me sandwiched.

And when I do make it into the mirror image phased I got adds chasing me around, I"m at like 15% health and I'm rage starved

but besides all that my #1 issue is I"m RAGE STARVED the entire fight.

Any help would be appreciated I have seen videos for monks, DK's and pally's make it look easy but they can all HEAL my 15% heal every 30 secs isn't cutting it.
    Your LFR geared, so obviously you'll have more problems than a normal/heroic mode raider. However its still very easy with your itemlevel, since all damage can be avoided.

I'm afraid this quest isn't like LFR where you can ignore all mechanics and autoattack your way to victory, you actually have to be aware of your enviroment, cast bar of wrathion and execute your dps rotation without tunnel visioning your ability bar.
    Last edited by Crushima; 2013-06-27 at 09:26 AM.

Deleted
    Personally I chose to do the tank challenge. Stayed in dps gear with a 1h and shield. Haven't tanked in a long long time so it took me 2 or 3 goes to get used to what the buttons did. Killed the adds as they spawned, much squishier than they are in the dps challenge. Second wind was a god send. Pots, flasks, bandages and healthstones all helped too.

I just completed this today. I encourage you to do it as a tank instead of a dps. The tank challenge is a joke. The melee one i died about 4-5 times too and said fuck it. Then 1 shotted the tank one.

Now we will separate Men from Boys

I'm not too proud to say that I said fuck it and swapped to prot and did the tank one, which was 10000x easier. I'll save my mental strain for other things, thanks.

Deleted
    Just a quick question from a warrior with 5/12 stones, wouldnt doing the tank fight instead of the dps fight give you the tank back?

Deleted
    You can do any of the tests to complete the quest. Once the quest is at the completed stage you choose your cloak when you hand it in. Doing the tank test will not remove you chances for the DPS cloak.

On a side note, the tank test is very very easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    On a side note, the tank test is very very easy.
    Specc second wind, wait for the huge blizzard message in the middle of your screen ("Wrathion is in danger, taunt now") and receive your cloak. I liked it

10+ Year Old Account
    dont stand in bad interrupt and pop die by the sword when the adds come out i finished it with full health