Poll: what do you think

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you think Wrathion is Deathwings redemption?

i just finished my runestones and was doing the celestial thing and chi ji says "ah son of the worldbreaker, proof that no one is beyond redemption"

so i was wondering, do you think Wrathion is Neltharions redemption?

personally i believe he is, someone whos existence was to defend the world decided to try and destroy it, and now the aspects without power have decided not to get involved or help the world, turning a blind eye to it while wrathion is doing everything he can despite never having an aspects power to do what the aspects were meant to do and defend the world at any cost.

in my opinion wrathion is pretty much the embodiment of Deathwings redemption.

also just to be clear im talking metaphorically not literally

Last edited by Immitis; 2013-06-26 at 02:23 AM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I'd say no on the reason that he shouldn't be living in his dad's shadow and instead make a name for himself.

Hardly, he is his own man.

If you look at his origin story, that he was taken as an egg by the red flight and 'cured' of the madness that inflicted the black flight by a titan artifact before he was born... what does Deathwing have to do with that?

Wrathion has forged his own path inspite of his father, not because of him. The concept of vicarious redemption is pure nonsense, Wrathion's deeds in no way redeem his fathers.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, Wrathion despises his father and Deathwing had nothing to do with Wrathion's upbringing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I'd say no on the reason that he shouldn't be living in his dad's shadow and instead make a name for himself.
    I don't see him making a name big enough to break out of the shadow of the dragon who eons ago shaped the mountains of Azeroth and then broke the world apart more recently. He could singlehandedly fend off a legion invasion and still not completely do that.

There's also the fact he doesn't want to be some huge world known personality. He works with rogues and shadow agents for a reason.

That image is just adorable.

Wrathion + Anduin OTP.

Well his father was the Earth Warder, his (and by extension his flight's) purpose was to defend the earth of Azeroth. If you think about it what Wrathion is doing is fulfilling that purpose.

So in a way, yeah. And in a way, not.

---------- Post added 2013-06-26 at 02:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    That image is just adorable.

Wrathion + Anduin OTP.
    Almost makes me wish Blizzard would make some kind of kid's cartoon called Two Princes about their wacky adventures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deathwing was never that interesting a character to begin with, none of the aspects are besides Ysera, Alexstrasza sounded cool back in WC2 but she's not that well rep'd in WoW. Chomie from COT is more interesting than freaking Deathwing.

Wrathion is a much more interesting, I think he's cool, and has a great voice actor. I hope they don't f him up like they did with Thrall and all the other heroes.

So no i don't think DW even needs redemption, he just needs to stay dead. Killed him once in WC2 once in WoW just die already freaking big dragon rawr rawr.
    Last edited by KorbenDallasMultipass; 2013-06-26 at 02:51 AM.

Potentially, maybe. But, if Blizzard follows their trend of sons with awesome fathers, he will probably be built up to be hated, have his character jostled around like a cat in a dryer, and end up a final boss to an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    Deathwing was never that interesting a character to begin with, none of the aspects are besides Ysera, Alexstrasza sounded cool back in WC2 but she's not that well rep'd in WoW. Chomie from COT is more interesting than freaking Deathwing.

Wrathion is a much more interesting, I think he's cool, and has a great voice actor. I hope they don't f him up like they did with Thrall and all the other heroes.

So no i don't think DW even needs redemption, he just needs to stay dead. Killed him once in WC2 once in WoW just die already freaking big dragon rawr rawr.
    There was actually much more to Wrathion then "rawr rawr". Much like the Aspects as well so simplifying them isn't doing them Justice. Yes, Wrathion is interesting but most of his lore is in front of you.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think its still too early to say. He could be redemption for his flight. Just depends what hid real motives are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There was actually much more to Wrathion then "rawr rawr". Much like the Aspects as well so simplifying them isn't doing them Justice. Yes, Wrathion is interesting but most of his lore is in front of you.
    I was referring to Deathwing. Wrathion wasn't even in Warcraft 2, read my last phrase. I even said before that I like Wrathion. How much clearer do I need to be?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was referring to Deathwing. Wrathion wasn't even in Warcraft 2, read my last phrase. I even said before that I like Wrathion. How much clearer do I need to be?
    No you miss read me. Wrathion has been in the game since Cata and MoP. Deathwing had some characterization in *other sources* of Warcraft. Books and all that. Only until Cataclysm did he change somewhat.

That's why most likely Wrathion IMO is more liked, at least one of the reasons anyways. Wrathion has somewhat of a *Intelligence* to him unlike Deathwing who was..chaotic. At least in the War of the Ancients Trilogy you could tell he was....more then just an insane dragon. Insanity can be interesting provided they're not Cata syndromed.

That and Deathwing didn't get seen a lot(ARTHAS WAS SEEN TOO MUCH QQ. That was the cause of Deathwing's little appearences).
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2013-06-26 at 03:11 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No you miss read me. Wrathion has been in the game since Cata and MoP. Deathwing had some characterization in *other sources* of Warcraft. Books and all that. Only until Cataclysm did he change somewhat.
    i think you are getting wrathion and deathwing mixed up, wrathion was only born a few months ago in wow time
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Well this part I agree with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think you are getting wrathion and deathwing mixed up, wrathion was only born a few months ago in wow time
    No, I'm comparing Deathwing's characterization to Wrathion's. Deathwing may seem "RAWR BIG RAGE11111" at first glance without reading what else he has been in(Not anyone's fault).

Chomie from COT is more interesting than freaking Deathwing.
    Ok I laughed.

Warrior-Magi

Sort of like the good Majin Buu? You have my attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.

i couldn't disagree with anyone more. Maly was really cool, as was the earth warder (I can't remember what name he had before he was tainted)

Neltharion, an overly cool name for a pretty unfleshed character, even with a second chance at doing so. This is a video game, I'm not gonna buy the extra books cause you're too lazy to convey his lore in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, people don't read very gooder in dis her thread...

But yes even if Wrathion is his own man, the fact that he is trying to defend azeroth (assuming he is) is in some small way redeeming his whole flight, which incidentally would include Daddy Deathwing.