Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I added an image of the shadowform version of the set. The effect is hard to see unless you are standing in front of a dark background.

Yay priests get to be Tyriel now! spelling...

The wings on the priest set are just goofy looking. Honestly I really don't like them. Good thing none of my toons ever end up with tier gear anymore...I haven't really liked any of the sets from this expasion.

I mean, is it me - or does armor just keep getting bulkier and heavier looking? Half of the robes I see anymore don't even look like they're made of cloth these days but rather leather.

I'd like to see a toned down gear set made at some point. A robe that actually looks like it's made of cloth; plate gear that wouldn't weigh a metric ton. Bigger is NOT always better.

anyone who was signing up for the arena pass this year for the pet that has already paid for the pass and has the old pet I have news, if you have the old pet and did this again this year solely for the new model you can put in a ticket to support to have your payment refunded. just got done speaking with customer support and had my 20$ entry fee refunded to me.

Some of those blue posts were pretty stupid, essentially ignoring the actual question being asked and trying to turn the whole problem of being ganked constantly while leveling into a positive.

No! Stop that! If you're going to have CRZ then only take people from that zone's leveling band! World PvP between players around the same level is fine, but when you have max levels running around killing at random its not. Easily solved problem, and the world will still feel 'full'.

All the kids who joined late in the game and got used to empty non-max level zones need to get over it. The game wasn't designed to provide your own little questing and farming commune. Having leveled 8 chars with CRZ so far, and 3 to go, I think the sense of population is fantastic, and very reminiscent of Vanilla. Except in Vanilla I played on a PvP server, which made it far more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Some of those blue posts were pretty stupid, essentially ignoring the actual question being asked and trying to turn the whole problem of being ganked constantly while leveling into a positive.

No! Stop that! If you're going to have CRZ then only take people from that zone's leveling band! World PvP between players around the same level is fine, but when you have max levels running around killing at random its not. Easily solved problem, and the world will still feel 'full'.
    I personally enjoy watching out for max level toons on my pvp server. Why roll on a pvp server if you don't enjoy the thrill of being a new toon that is just starting his journey as a beginner, you are essentially starting a weak, fresh character in a world full of people who are already badass and powerful? My first toon was on a pvp realm. Had no idea what I was doing and when level 80's came through with their badass gear and ganked me I was like OH MY GOD THAT WAS BADASS.

You are forgetting that wow is an expansive world full of powerful heroes. That was what drew me to wow, the journey to become a powerful hero myself while getting smashed up by people who had already put in the time and dedication it takes to level a toon through a pvp server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another MASSIVE nerf for horridon and it's not even 5.4 yet. Somehow I doubt we'll get agreement that ToT is simple to hard and to overtuned even when the actions of the developers seem to suggest exactly that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Another MASSIVE nerf for horridon and it's not even 5.4 yet. Somehow I doubt we'll get agreement that ToT is simple to hard and to overtuned even when the actions of the developers seem to suggest exactly that.
    It's simply as you stated, overtuned. This leads it to 'feel' hard. In reality it's not hard, it's just people with low gear, low skill, or a combination of both.
    The raid is obviously intended for a much higher gear level than most people are walking into ToT with. Horridon being the second boss pretty much totally fucks anyone who gets stuck on him. Don't worry guys we can get some more gear during next weeks fa-- oh wait, the only farm boss is Jinrokh.
    With proper gear Horridon just melts, but if you're walking in there with a raid ilvl of anything less than 500 you're going to have a bad time unless you don't suck at the game, i.e an alt run.
    T16 seems to be fixing this issue, the first wing is tuned for 520 ilvl. You can get that without even trying these days.
    Each wing seems to increase by 5-10 ilvl in terms of tuning (Basing this off only 4 bosses), and the gear ilvl dropping is phenomenal. The raid should be much more widely cleared.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Love that green color priest set. But I get the feeling we won't see that one. Also feathers look a bit misplaced on a priest set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    It's simply as you stated, overtuned. This leads it to 'feel' hard. In reality it's not hard, it's just people with low gear, low skill, or a combination of both.
    The raid is obviously intended for a much higher gear level than most people are walking into ToT with. Horridon being the second boss pretty much totally fucks anyone who gets stuck on him. Don't worry guys we can get some more gear during next weeks fa-- oh wait, the only farm boss is Jinrokh.
    With proper gear Horridon just melts, but if you're walking in there with a raid ilvl of anything less than 500 you're going to have a bad time unless you don't suck at the game, i.e an alt run.
    T16 seems to be fixing this issue, the first wing is tuned for 520 ilvl. You can get that without even trying these days.
    Each wing seems to increase by 5-10 ilvl in terms of tuning (Basing this off only 4 bosses), and the gear ilvl dropping is phenomenal. The raid should be much more widely cleared.
    I really hope this is true.

I am quite scared that because of Flex it might go the other way and normal's might be tuned higher.

We are one of the guilds that got stuck on Horridon 3 weeks after our first kill (which took 10 weeks) we are now working on rampage 6 on Megaera which seems much nicer progress.

I don't want Blizzard to overtune normals again and just say "its ok you can do Flex".

Deleted
    Hahahahahaha bruised fanny xD I do hope Blizz realise fanny means female bits to a lot of people in europe!

Deleted
    WARNING: Seesaw may not support fully grown and/or armored adventurers. Seesaw may launch overly enthusiastic riders into the lower atmosphere. Seesaw may result in bruised egos and/or fannies.
    Haha somehow I think they'll need to reword that before it reaches live in the UK! Sounds very painful Dx

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Well it is overtuned you've got that much right. We'll see about t16. After seeing the ptr streams I have no illusions.

---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 12:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    ess.

I don't want Blizzard to overtune normals again and just say "its ok you can do Flex".
    Apparently expect this. If it helps just expect that flex is really the new normal.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-06-27 at 12:31 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    I kinda hope that only the damage ability reduction is for normal mode, while the health reduction is for Heroic as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must get the seesaw!

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post

They ignore those kinds of posts because they have stated their response to the "issue" of high level ganking long ago. It has been in the game from day 1 and will continue on. You roll on a pvp server, you'd better expect and accept it. Nothing stops you from getting on your main and fighting back or guarding other lowbies from attacks. Hell, I remember guilds actually organizing patrols in low level zones to protect their lowbies from gankers back in Vanilla, and some epic pvp usually tended to ensue.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

The tuning doesn't matter anymore. The guilds that were destroyed and the players that have quit are gone. They are not coming back and I do not think your getting people back into normal during this expansion at least. Blizzard has no clue how the poor choices they have made this expansion have lead to a total break down in the raiding community and the general community as well. My friend list is empty, my guild is empty, my server is empty. Flex raiding maybe a nice start but I think it's really too late at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    damn! that priest gear is out of this world!!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Deleted
    best set ever, and i hate priest, believe me