Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Sargeras would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    After cata and MoP i would prefer one expac without heros. Let us work on our own like in tbc/wotlk. Im a little tired of having multiple talking shadows through entire expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    After cata and MoP i would prefer one expac without heros. Let us work on our own like in tbc/wotlk. Im a little tired of having multiple talking shadows through entire expansion.
    judging by all this "we need more <insert your race hero> story progression" threads, that would be bad idea.

I'd love to see lore characters show up more next xpac and even a YouTube exclusive web series with these characters in a machinima that takes patch story lines and fleshes out more details. Koltira that blood elf death knight being tortured by Sylvanas and rescued by Lorethmar. I know I misspelled those names lol.

Turalyon was named Lothar's successor as Supreme Commander by the monarchs of the Alliance
    I'll just note here that the Alliance of Lordaeron is not, technically, the same as the current Alliance. It started splintering apart after the Second War, and was pretty much dead once most of its member (human) kingdoms, including Lordaeron (which was pretty much the backbone of the whole organization) and Dalaran, were destroyed during the Third War.
    Stormwind only became a prominent player after its reconstruction shortly before WoW started, and basically refounded the whole thing with Ironforge and Darnassus (entering the Night Elves as a completely new faction within the Alliance). Stormwind has now replaced Lordaeron as the dominant kingdom within the Alliance, and Varian pretty much took over as Supreme Commander of the Alliance Forces. It's also been decades since Turalyon disappeared, and he is probably believed dead, meaning whatever role he had was probably passed on to other people. If he were to return now, he'd probably be hailed as a hero, but I very much doubt he'd have any influence beyond that unless he was reinstated. Which would be done by Varian.

EDIT: I should also note that Varian is king of the largest human kingdom (possibly the largest kingdom period) left, while Turalyon, well, isn't. You don't walk up to a king and go 'hey, I think you're doing a piss-poor job, and I'm taking over now' and expect him to just go with it, even if that piss-poor job has nothing to do with actually ruling a kingdom. All Varian has to do is blink, say 'hah! Good one!' and get on with his day, to show just how futile Turalyon's claim is.
    Last edited by Lynneiah; 2013-06-26 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    I don't think most WoW players even know those lore figures that you have listed so using them as advertisment would not work.
    Solo quest content is commonly looked down upon by the WoW community (I only know one person who actually reads quest text) so it will likely not bring many subs back to wow.

I further think that many players that are invested into WoW lore are usually the ones that stay subbed no matter what. I will not call them 'fanboys' but instead 'true fans'. I don't think blizzard has to worry about them unless they do something drastically bad.
    Last edited by mmocb100f50513; 2013-06-26 at 01:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting idea: What if Turalyon became the next Garrosh?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    I'll just note here that the Alliance of Lordaeron is not, technically, the same as the current Alliance. It started splintering apart after the Second War, and was pretty much dead once most of its member (human) kingdoms, including Lordaeron (which was pretty much the backbone of the whole organization) and Dalaran, were destroyed during the Third War.
    Stormwind only became a prominent player after its reconstruction shortly before WoW started, and basically refounded the whole thing with Ironforge and Darnassus (entering the Night Elves as a completely new faction within the Alliance). Stormwind has now replaced Lordaeron as the dominant kingdom within the Alliance, and Varian pretty much took over as Supreme Commander of the Alliance Forces. It's also been decades since Turalyon disappeared, and he is probably believed dead, meaning whatever role he had was probably passed on to other people. If he were to return now, he'd probably be hailed as a hero, but I very much doubt he'd have any influence beyond that unless he was reinstated. Which would be done by Varian.

EDIT: I should also note that Varian is king of the largest human kingdom (possibly the largest kingdom period) left, while Turalyon, well, isn't. You don't walk up to a king and go 'hey, I think you're doing a piss-poor job, and I'm taking over now' and expect him to just go with it, even if that piss-poor job has nothing to do with actually ruling a kingdom. All Varian has to do is blink, say 'hah! Good one!' and get on with his day, to show just how futile Turalyon's claim is.
    You are correct but Stormwind was apart of the original group of monarchs who gave power to turalyon in the first place, and I think if Turalyon was to march to stormwind there would be quite a few military leaders that would fall behind him knowing his rank and ability, hell even Varian knows Turalyon outranks him in the military.

And I did not mean that Turalyon would de-throne varian when I said dismiss, I meant he would think his efforts in fighting in lorderon poor and would do a better job himself.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    You are correct but Stormwind was apart of the original group of monarchs who gave power to turalyon in the first place, and I think if Turalyon was to march to stormwind there would be quite a few military leaders that would fall behind him knowing his rank and ability, hell even Varian knows Turalyon outranks him in the military.

And I did not mean that Turalyon would de-throne varian when I said dismiss, I meant he would think his efforts in fighting in lorderon poor and would do a better job himself.
    Then Varian would probably let him get on with it BUT NOT WITH his troops. His troops are doing a fine job defending Azeroth from the horde currently. It would never happen as its just a silly idea sorry. His rank was in the old alliance. The generals serving Varian are loyal to HIM. The member races of the alliance are loyal to the alliance and now to varian as hes shown him self to be more than capable. Turalyon would be hailed as a hero as he rightly should but he would not simply over step his mark and claim authority. His authority was granted by the kings of the alliance nations. He needs their backing before doing anything like this. Also There is another certain paladin who is cleansing Lorderon of the undead and the plagued forestland and hes doing a fine job, with the forsaken pretty much letting them get on with it.

Lorderon is owned by its rightful owners anyways with the Forsaken and the Argent Crusade ensuring none of the mindless undead and plague remain. If he wanted to he might try his own hand at cleansing these lands but I would think he would be just as concerned about the blood elves and his wifes family issues and how to deal with them!

Stormwind was a smouldering ruin when that happened.
    I also never said 'de-throne'. The king can appoint anyone he likes as commander, including himself. If the other Alliance leaders agree with him, then that's that. Turalyon has been replaced. Varian isn't a temp filling in until he gets back. He IS the new Supreme Commander, until he is killed, or chooses to back down.
    Also, kings outrank their military leaders. This has never not been the case.

Furthermore, I very much doubt Turalyon is the type to try and dismiss anyone. If the Alliance says 'A', he'll either go with 'A', or leave in protest. Staging a coup just doesn't seem his shtick.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Stormwind was a smouldering ruin when that happened.
    I also never said 'de-throne'. The king can appoint anyone he likes as commander, including himself. If the other Alliance leaders agree with him, then that's that. Turalyon has been replaced. Varian isn't a temp filling in until he gets back. He IS the new Supreme Commander, until he is killed, or chooses to back down.
    Also, kings outrank their military leaders. This has never not been the case.

Furthermore, I very much doubt Turalyon is the type to try and dismiss anyone. If the Alliance says 'A', he'll either go with 'A', or leave in protest. Staging a coup just doesn't seem his shtick.
    No going to disagree with some stuff as without an offical stance via blizzard this is all speculation on "if " he returns but

The Supreme Commander of the Alliance title is still held by Turalyon and it requires the original holder to die or pass the title on. So Turalyon would still be the Supreme commander if he was to return.

Kings outranking military leaders is why the supreme commander was created so that whomever was the supreme leader could outrank each king/monarch in matters of war and military. The original Alliance could not agree on everything and to counter this the supreme commander could make the decisions for all the leaders instead of having to ask each one.

It would be like Turalyon would be able to control the military of Dwarves,gnomes,nelfs,worgen,humans and draenei without having to ask each leader if that is ok. It is the alliance version of a warchief almost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right then let me defend myself before you call the ideas stupid ....
    1. Turalyon has also been missing for about 20 years. The rank he held was with the Alliance of Lordaeron, a defunct coalition, most of whose monarchs are dead. Only two remain, Varian Wrynn and Genn Greymane, and both solidly support Varian's position as the High King of the Alliance. Turalyon might have had military seniority 20 years ago, but this is a completely different Alliance and as it stands, he holds no rank whatsoever among it.

2. Whatever, he's not "dead" dead, but for all extents and purposes, he is. The reason I said "That's not to say he won't come back" is because I expect that they probably will bring him back, though it would raise interesting questions as to whether he assumes his previous role or becomes something else. He is petrified, though, not just sealed in a diamond prison.

4. Gilneas, sure. I wasn't aware of the Metzen tweet someone else posted, I honestly can't imagine why he'd say something so silly (Sylvanas has absolutely no reason to make concessions as a result of Garrosh's actions, particularly a concession that would give the Alliance a strong foothold right on her doorstep). As for Lordaeron, absolutely: its people are fighting for their homeland, but to defend it, not to steal it as the Alliance wishes to.

5. I don't think Jarod Shadowsong should or would be trusted with hunting down Maiev, he's failed to kill crazy once already. Jarod's a footnote, a minor, somewhat interesting lore character, but not the slightest bit compelling. I'd want WC3 Tyrande to hunt her down, not present "reckless and stupid foil to Varian" Tyrande, or the previous "invisible" Tyrande.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

No going to disagree with some stuff as without an offical stance via blizzard this is all speculation on "if " he returns but

The Supreme Commander of the Alliance title is still held by Turalyon and it requires the original holder to die or pass the title on. So Turalyon would still be the Supreme commander if he was to return.

Kings outranking military leaders is why the supreme commander was created so that whomever was the supreme leader could outrank each king/monarch in matters of war and military. The original Alliance could not agree on everything and to counter this the supreme commander could make the decisions for all the leaders instead of having to ask each one.

It would be like Turalyon would be able to control the military of Dwarves,gnomes,nelfs,worgen,humans and draenei without having to ask each leader if that is ok. It is the alliance version of a warchief almost.
    But this is the issue it was on the OLD alliance this is an entirely new alliance. The human armies are under stormwinds commands. Meaning Varian is in control. The alliance armies of the other nations are under their own respective control but currently they have chosen Varian. Turalyon would not have such power to impose upon any of them. Blizzard has stated several times the Alliance now is entirely different to the old Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    God, you just don't get it, do you? The Alliance with which Turalyon held that rank no longer exists!

Therefore, the rank no longer exists!

In the new Alliance, Turalyon has no rank!

Understand yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    But this is the issue it was on the OLD alliance this is an entirely new alliance. The human armies are under stormwinds commands. Meaning Varian is in control. The alliance armies of the other nations are under their own respective control but currently they have chosen Varian. Turalyon would not have such power to impose upon any of them. Blizzard has stated several times the Alliance now is entirely different to the old Alliance.
    Yup I am not saying he has the power over any of the other races or even the humans.

All i am saying is that if he came back then perhaps some of the military leaders in stormwind and gilneas who served under him before would recognise his autority and serve him again.

And one more thing the majority of the alliance expedition force would have come from Lordaeron and would not be happy to come back with turalyon and see undead in their homes. Don't forget Lordaeron was one of the biggest supporters of Turalyon so his force would have quite a few of those people in his ranks.

So saying the forsaken are the rightful owners is true but so would some of the soilders of turalyon by that logic.

Maybe a gathering of all the Second War alliance heroes at the Valley of Heroes? Turalyon, Alleria, Khadgar, Danath and Kudran. Think that's all of them! The 3 latter are doing nothing in Outland -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    1. Turalyon has also been missing for about 20 years. The rank he held was with the Alliance of Lordaeron, a defunct coalition, most of whose monarchs are dead. Only two remain, Varian Wrynn and Genn Greymane, and both solidly support Varian's position as the High King of the Alliance. Turalyon might have had military seniority 20 years ago, but this is a completely different Alliance and as it stands, he holds no rank whatsoever among it.

2. Whatever, he's not "dead" dead, but for all extents and purposes, he is. The reason I said "That's not to say he won't come back" is because I expect that they probably will bring him back, though it would raise interesting questions as to whether he assumes his previous role or becomes something else. He is petrified, though, not just sealed in a diamond prison.

4. Gilneas, sure. I wasn't aware of the Metzen tweet someone else posted, I honestly can't imagine why he'd say something so silly (Sylvanas has absolutely no reason to make concessions as a result of Garrosh's actions, particularly a concession that would give the Alliance a strong foothold right on her doorstep). As for Lordaeron, absolutely: its people are fighting for their homeland, but to defend it, not to steal it as the Alliance wishes to.

5. I don't think Jarod Shadowsong should or would be trusted with hunting down Maiev, he's failed to kill crazy once already. Jarod's a footnote, a minor, somewhat interesting lore character, but not the slightest bit compelling. I'd want WC3 Tyrande to hunt her down, not present "reckless and stupid foil to Varian" Tyrande, or the previous "invisible" Tyrande.
    Turalyon was a never a "king" he just commanded the military forces. He served under Anduin Lothar who served as regent for the Wrynn family. There's no bad blood between him and Varian...
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-06-26 at 03:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    God, you just don't get it, do you? The Alliance with which Turalyon held that rank no longer exists!

Therefore, the rank no longer exists!

In the new Alliance, Turalyon has no rank!

Understand yet?
    I get what your saying, but Turalyon and his men don't know the old Alliance does not exsist and if they come back I'm sure they would not care.... Greymane swore allegiance to the supreme commander Turalyon I am sure he remebers that!!

TBC 2.0 and I will come back. Let's go to a new planet with exotic environments. Re-introduce the canon-driven bosses that the Warcraft universe was original detailed with (Illidan, Magtheradon, K'J, K'T, Lady Vashj, Medivh/Karazhan etc). Too many players want to go back to TBC, and too many players never got to experience a large portion of Warcraft canon-history.
    Some people do play wow for lore, so yes it's possible.
    People aren't paying $15 a month for something they can read about on a wow-wiki.

You lost me at "heros".
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Yup I am not saying he has the power over any of the other races or even the humans.

All i am saying is that if he came back then perhaps some of the military leaders in stormwind and gilneas who served under him before would recognise his autority and serve him again.

And one more thing the majority of the alliance expedition force would have come from Lordaeron and would not be happy to come back with turalyon and see undead in their homes. Don't forget Lordaeron was one of the biggest supporters of Turalyon so his force would have quite a few of those people in his ranks.

So saying the forsaken are the rightful owners is true but so would some of the soilders of turalyon by that logic.
    I get what you are saying but they would then be betraying their king. From what Blizzard has done so far I don't think this will happen. More than that though I think if he were to come back then he would be an alliance hero who would be shocked at whats happened and at best Stromguarde could be rebuilt and perhaps he would be leading some alliance forces on behalf of the king in campaigns the king deems the alliance are needed in imo.