Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

6.0 Return of the heros

Firstly this is pure speculation nothing more nothing less.

Ok with the decline in wow and mop coming to a close I think Blizzard will be pulling out some big names to revive alot of subs who may have left during the cata and mop era.

So lets discuss possible heros / leaders who could make a return and stir up some sh*t.

I mainly play alliance so I will start there.

Human - Said before Turalyon coming back with his battle hardened troops to reingite the war on Lorderon and perhaps dismiss Varian for letting the north fall into horde hands so easily.

Dwarf - With the earth finally at peace the diamond prison shattered around Magni and upon seeing his daughter and her son in ironforge a new dwarf storyline emerges.

Gnome - since he is in the brawlers guild I would love to see a stroyline were Millhouse Manastorm returns to the gnomes and trys to seperate the technology loving gnomes from the magic focued gnomes and start a civil war of sorts between the two divions.

Worgen - this one would be great Packleader Ivar Bloodfang and Lord Darius Crowley going against the wishes of King greymane begin a brutal assault on the forsaken in and around gilneas.

Night elf - Two first names same second name Captain Jarod Shadowsong and Warden Maiev Shadowsong. There is a huge chain quest that could be applied here and have the night elfs start to believe that Maiev's anger and zeal would/should be the way forward.

Draenei - Velen Nuff said.

Now I will not mention horde as that is not my strong suit so if anyone wants to take up the horde challenge by all means.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does random heroes have to do with subs, wat.

You actually think that some NPCs are gonna bring back subs? lol'd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    Some people do play wow for lore, so yes it's possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Would love for it to happen excatly as you said but keep in mind that Blizzard is Horde Focused mostly so it's not likely to happen. And these are not random heroes/NPC's they are important Alliance lore figures. And yes it might bring ppl back because Alliance players feel ostracized after Thrallaclysm and now MoP where the focus is all about the Horde.
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    What does random heroes have to do with subs, wat.
    Well you guys obviusly have no idé about marketing when it comes to something like an MMORPG or an Regular RPG for that matter.

Blizzard would probobly gain alot of subs back by just bringing like Illidan back.

Just like Gimlix said many players ejoy the lore of this game very much and some even play just for the lore.
    important lore figures (usuly leders) are a very big part of ALL RPG's!

English not my native language
    Last edited by mmocac820410e9; 2013-06-26 at 11:49 AM.

I don't think Blizzard can fit development for every race in 1 expansion, at least not the alliance races.

From a lore / fanbased mmo or rpg genre the simple fact of guess who is returning your favourite hero can be the key in them returning if only to see how said hero is being implemented.

Deleted
    they need to bring Arthas from the grave, that would satisfy all those WOTLK fanboys.

Separate story-lines centered around every different race? I like it. Especially if they somehow manage to connect it to the central theme of the expansion.

For gnomes, I'd love to see more Kelsey Steelspark. That girl is bad ASS!
    For night elves, I feel Shandris has been too quiet for too long. She's the leader of all the Sentinel forces, not just the ones stationed in Feralas. It's time she acted as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I don't think Blizzard can fit development for every race in 1 expansion, at least not the alliance races.
    Ah but you forget they recenty got a huge chunk of developers from titan back and if the team as it was could develop mist by itself imagine the possibilities with the mop team and alot of the old developers that left to develop titan back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hirazu View Post
    Well you obviusly have no idé about marketing when it comes to something like an MMORPG or an Regular RPG for that matter.
    Yeah, because millions of people leaveing was sorely because Maiev hasnt been seen in years. Rofl, I love when the people try to be smartasses. Theres people that do play for lore, but saying that adding a few npcs like the OP claimed will boost subs because of Cata and MoP? what sense does that make?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They *almost* did it for the Horde in Mists. Almost.

Deleted
    6.0 should be Argus addon with all characters in spacesuits. We explore the home planets of draenei and bomb ourselves away with goblin / gnome technology ... then comes freeza and blasts the planet away and we save ourselves in a capsule. Oh wait that was another game...

Well, underwater world and cosmic space would be so fuckin interesting! So I don't care much about 'old' heros. The time always creates new heros.

Pretty sure a decent amount of people would play just to see Sargeras.

Illidan gets a rez to help defeat the legion. That's my prediction of course some other interesting names could easily be used to add on to this.

Blizzard didn't lose subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Yeah, because millions of people leaveing was sorely because Maiev hasnt been seen in years. Rofl, I love when the people try to be smartasses. Theres people that do play for lore, but saying that adding a few npcs like the OP claimed will boost subs because of Cata and MoP? what sense does that make?
    I said they need to do something big to revive alot of subds who left during cata and mop.

and based on what people have been saying here it seems people would enjoy playing with old characters.
    while it may not bring tons of people back even if it bring back 1% thats still 1% more then it woudl have brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    They *almost* did it for the Horde in Mists. Almost.
    I know, they got so close. It looks like Sylvanas will at least be at the siege, but I don't know if Forsaken will get any meaningful development or if they'll just be a back drop. I hope they at least get a scenario.

Ah but you forget they recenty got a huge chunk of developers from titan back and if the team as it was could develop mist by itself imagine the possibilities with the mop team and alot of the old developers that left to develop titan back.
    It's not the amount of developers that's the problem, it's what the developers focus on. They focus on human lore so much that half the alliance has been outright ignored for several expansions now.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Blizzard didn't lose subs.
    listen to Lo-Pan, Denial is the first step towards darkness