Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I just checked on my monk, seems I had wrong idea how charges work.

So without CTHC, if used on CD starting from 2 min mark and fight lasting 10 min, we'll lose one Deterrence. So in short, we need some kind of rip off monk T1 talent - add charge and lower CD or bring huge CD reduction talent. In fact, I'm not sure how they even thought this is the same as live in situation when Readiness is used to reset Det CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    I just checked on my monk, seems I had wrong idea how charges work.

So without CTHC, if used on CD starting from 2 min mark and fight lasting 10 min, we'll lose one Deterrence. So in short, we need some kind of rip off monk T1 talent - add charge and lower CD or bring huge CD reduction talent. In fact, I'm not sure how they even thought this is the same as live in situation when Readiness is used to reset Det CD.
    Nerfed deterrence. Removed readiness. Nerfed silencing shot.

And in the latest PTR build, nerfed the glyph of mending. (Yep, hunters needed another nerf, we were so OP.)

We already had really limited raid utility, and they seem determined to remove the few things we actually could do. Won't be able to pet tank anywhere near as effectively either in odd encounters like Animus or when soloing.

60 page thread on the NA discussion boards got closed because instead of providing constructive feedback, many used it as a platform to throw temper tantrums, threaten to quit, ask for devs to be fired, etc instead of discuss.

Trying it again but if any of you reading this also post over there, keep it constructive guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice work hunters, they seem rather annoyed with us in their last few blue posts. keep it up, maybe we'll actually be able to do competitive dps next tier. Mages and warlocks have showed us the way don't back down now.

Gotta love how they completely disregarded warlock when it comes to these more solo, pet-based changes.

Even things like superior pet tanking with VW shields and AOE attacks just make it a complete better package.

Seeing all these new PTR builds with pages and pages of Glyphs for other classes (mainly cosmetic) and none for hunters is quite depressing - so I thought I'd add a few ideas of my own here!

Ammo & Shots
    I've seen this suggested in a few places now (even a couple of posts down on this forum!) and it seems like the MOST obvious cosmetic Hunter glyph idea blizzard could add - glyphs that change the appearance of auto shot (and other shots) in various ways.

Glyph of Iceblades - Your auto shots become frost enchanted taking on a chilled appearance.
    Glyph of Fireshot - Your auto shots become fire enchanted taking on a burning appearance.
    Glyph of Venom Tips - Your auto shots become poison enchanted taking on a venomous appearance.
    Glyph of Stars' Fury - Your Arcane Shot now fires Arcane Stars. (Like the Thori'dal effect)
    Glyph of Fiery Steps - Targets effected by your Explosive Shot burn and leave fiery tracks for 3 seconds. (They burn and leaves steps while your Explosive Shot is ticking and for 3 seconds after it expires)

Traps
    Glyph of Amber Touch - Your Freezing Trap takes on the appearance of a Klaxxi Amber Trap
    Glyph of Tainted Ice - Your Freezing Trap is corrupted with poison, taking on a Green appearance
    Glyph of Bear Trap - Your Freezing Trap is replaced with Bear Trap (Does the same thing, but visually plays the stun animation for the target stuck inside the jaws of a large metal bear trap)
    Glyph of Rabid Critters - Your Snake Trap is replaced with Critter Trap (Functionally the same, but releases rapid squirrels, rabbits, etc).

Pets
    Glyph of Eviiilll - Your Dire Beast now summons a smaller copy of your current active pet.
    Glyph of Murderous Fangs - Your A Murder of Crows ability now summons Vampire Bats instead of Crows.

That's all I can think of... for now!

Note: EU player here, so if anyone wants to add them to the current US PTR thread (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9514731410), feel free!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NomadKing View Post
    Glyph of Amber Touch - Your Freezing Trap takes on the appearance of a Klaxxi Amber Trap
    *Squeels and jumps up and down like a little girl*

Make it happen Blizz!

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Bear Trap - Your Freezing Trap is replaced with Bear Trap (Does the same thing, but visually plays the stun animation for the target stuck inside the jaws of a large metal bear trap)
    Glyph of Rabid Critters - Your Snake Trap is replaced with Critter Trap (Functionally the same, but releases rapid squirrels, rabbits, etc).

I Really like These 2 =D

It's a lot better now than it was in Cata. In Cata we were good in the first tier, but ended up crap in the last tier because our AoTH was a fixed number. Low gear hunters were among the best dps for that ilvl, high ilvl hunters were crap.
    I am not sure if its any better now, you are correct in what happened in Cata. The only difference now is that its each tier we start strong and end like shit. I guess the argument could be made that its better this way but to me its counter intuitive that the more gear you get from a raid zone the worse your numbers are compared to those around you.

I would like to see a Glyph like this to fix the petaggro issue:

Glyph: Divide and rule - 50% of the thread a pet generates is permanently transferred to the hunter.

So you can decide if you want your pet to tank (solo stuff - no Glyph) or want it to life (boss pulls pve - yay Glyph).

Lack of glyph changes was disappointing to say the least. And we don't even have a 'major' overhaul planned for 6.0 now.. But atleast they said they're gonna add some nuances to make each spec play differently.. better than nothing i guess. I can't wait for them to do their 'number pass' though.

PS I really like your glyph suggestions.
    Last edited by Saoron; 2013-07-22 at 06:03 PM.

Suggested on the PTR board to replace Multi-Shot with Barrage as the class AoE. Multi has a ton of holes in it and we'll be without effective AoE next tier because of how Multi, and our AoE as a whole, is structured.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Suggested on the PTR board to replace Multi-Shot with Barrage as the class AoE. Multi has a ton of holes in it and we'll be without effective AoE next tier because of how Multi, and our AoE as a whole, is structured.
    Erh. What. This is the first I hear of our aoe being "bad" next tier. Considering I've tested every fight that's been up so far, multi shot has been perfectly fine for all of them. Are you sure it's not just you or your tanks doing stupid stuff to make it "non-viable" - EG, tanking stuff too far apart?

Excellent suggestions and I agree, I'm a bit underwhelmed by our glyphs in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    I actually do fear that charge system might be scrapped due to people who don't understand it whine about it. I'd rather have 2 charges with 3 min CD then "normal" 1.5min CD.
    I'd much rather have a shorter baseline cooldown than charges. It'd give them the ability to give us real survivability cooldowns.

Edit: although I doubt they actually would give us defensive cooldowns.

Edit2: Idea for a glyph: Glyph of Precision: Trap Launcher causes your Ice and Freezing traps to instantly trigger on the target, rather than place them on the ground.
    Last edited by Arcanimus; 2013-07-23 at 01:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Conando View Post
    The one thing that I'd add (which I've been saying over and over) is that arcane shot is too strong. It kind of ruins how the class plays when our signature ability (kill command) is only marginally better than our filler. That ruins any skill cap that was ever on the class (along with Stampede and Readiness usage).
    I agree, it's way too strong for a filler attack. Much stronger than for example Mortal Strike which is a signature move, talking PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
    The only solution to this constant nerf buff nerf wheel is to develop seperate pve/pvp specs and trees. Intial development and fine tuning would be painful but the long term gain of keeping both communities content and playing should outweigh the initial cost.
    Amazing idea! Would solve so many issues in ALL classes. Please, Blizz! Read this and take it to heart!

Draco, great post. I agree 100% with everything. I've felt for a long time that there were serious problems with the hunter class but I couldn't put words to it. Now you did and I am very grateful. Again, Blizzard! Please please please realise that the hunter class needs serious remodeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Edit2: Idea for a glyph: Glyph of Precision: Trap Launcher causes your Ice and Freezing traps to instantly trigger on the target, rather than place them on the ground.
    HAH! I can taste the tears already. They would never implement a glyph like that without much, much more hunter PvP tuning. Fun idea though, and I would love it.