Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moco View Post
    family goes both ways.
    Sure she could just forget about it. It's what I would do. But if she wanted the money you pay up.
    Aye mate

Since she is family I would split the cost between what she paid 4 years ago and what it currently costs. But that's just me.

No way to track it down though?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    The moral of the story? NO HOUSE PARTIES EVER!

Can't believe there are people telling you to pay her what she wants for reasons other than "It'll make life easier for you".

If she doesn't want what you're offering to pay, buy a second-hand one for her instead. She can sell it herself, or if she's too lazy to do so, she can mull wistfully over the fact that she didn't take your money while it was up for grabs. For her to expect this of you despite being family is ridiculous enough as it is.

If she doesn't want to accept the prorated amount, buy her the ipod to satisfy your parents. If she doesn't like it, too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you should replace your old ipod or give her the money 120-140$

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't even give her the money, I'd buy her the exact same iPod that was stolen - it's not your fault that she doesn't actually care about the item that got stolen. She gets a replacement, not a free trade-in.

Well the first paragraph makes you sound like you've learned your lesson. However, the second paragraph makes you sound like you didn't and are acting like a whiny baby with the technicalities of your punishment.

I'm not going to answer your "who is right?" question because it's silly. Now you've learned your lesson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    You.

Tell her it's either she gets the $120-140 in cash, if she says no, buy one of the old iPods and tell your parents you replaced it.
    That's all they wanted, and they won't care to enforce anything stupid like she is. She's just being greedy.
    You'd be surprised. If his parents are trying to drive home a point they may side with her. I know my mother would have...

OT: I believe you are in the right here, but it sounds like either your sister or your parents don't really care...
    Last edited by Rizendragon; 2013-06-26 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    The moral of the story? NO HOUSE PARTIES EVER!
    unless it's someone else's house! FUCK YEA!

15+ Year Old Account
    Offer her three options: A used ipod touch, the money it would cost to buy a used ipod touch, or nothing.

You're not an insurance company that would replace her ipod with a new one.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Give her the money to buy a new ipod. It is your fault her ipod got stolen. She probably had tons of music on it. She took the time to organize the music on it. There isn't a guarantee all the music on that ipod was bought off itunes so she might not have backups. It doesn't matter that she might not use it as much now that she has an iphone.

If my ipod was stolen/broken it wouldn't be the cost of the ipod that bothered me. It would be all the music I had on it and all the time I took to organize that music to my preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by gismo7354 View Post
    Give her the money to buy a new ipod. It is your fault her ipod got stolen. She probably had tons of music on it. She took the time to organize the music on it. There isn't a guarantee all the music on that ipod was bought off itunes so she might not have backups. It doesn't matter that she might not use it as much now that she has an iphone.

If my ipod was stolen/broken it wouldn't be the cost of the ipod that bothered me. It would be all the music I had on it and all the time I took to organize that music to my preferences.
    It is pretty much just flicking a switch yes/no on itunes, not that hard OR time-consuming.
    Anyway, give her the money (deprecated value, likely about $130) or a replacement of the same make and model as her's, nothing more, nothing less is what's fair.

Quote Originally Posted by gismo7354 View Post

Because everyone sits their extensively organizing a music collection, syncing it to their ipod, loosing the songs off the computer. Then replace the ipod with an iphone and not touch it again.

OT: I'd say you take the $120-140, an iPod the same, or nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    It is pretty much just flicking a switch yes/no on itunes, not that hard OR time-consuming.
    That is why I said it isn't guaranteed she bought all her music off itunes. I understand with itunes you can download past purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by n1ck301 View Post
    Long story short throw house party stuff get's stolen. Mostly mine anyways case and point. One item that belonged to my sister got stolen. A 3rd generation 64 gb Ipod Touch she got for x-mas 4 years ago. Parents say you must replace it, I agree I made the mistake of throwing a party learnt a life lesson "People are shady scumbags don't trust them" and now I have to pay for my mistake. Fair is fair right? Here's where it gets iffy.

I offer to replace her ipod. She doesn't want a replacement because she has an iphone 5 now. I'm told she just wants money. So I was going to give her the $120-$140 it cost for a used 3rd generation 64 gb ipod touch. I'm told the ipod was $250 new + tax. Yeah 4 years ago it was new. I'm not obligated to buy you a brand new 5th generation ipod. I'm obligated to replace what was stolen. A 4 year old piece of hardware is the definition of used. I'll gladly purchase you the exact model you had or give you the money I would use for that purchase and not a penny more.

Who's in the right here?
    The item was a gift to her the money did not come out of her pocket.

With that said tell her ether she can have a Ipod or cash and it will be equal to the value of a used one because her's was used. If she dose not accept that tell your parents that she is trying to be greedy and get more cash out of you and she can ether pick one of the two choice's or due without.

Yes you fucked up you admit this but that dose not mean she has the right to get every single dime out of you she can.

Now if she payed 250$ for it that mite be slightly different but like you said it was a gift.

If lets say that you did this and I lost my computer I would want a computer or equal or better spec the cost dose not matter to me. The same go's for her ipod dose not matter cost get her one that is the same and just leave it at that.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-06-26 at 10:39 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sadly you are both in the wrong here. Not only was her iPod stolen because you felt the need to be the cool kid, but her space was violated and lord only knows what else they did in there. Buying her a used 3rd gen iPod touch only works if you're buying HER iPod touch. Otherwise you need to buy a new one and learn to not invite shitty people into your house. What she does with the iPod beyond that is her business.
    No he dose not need to buy her a new one because her's was not new.

If she wrecked his used 1999 car she has to replace the used car with a used car not go out and buy him a 2013 car because he wants it.

As long as it works just as good if not better then the one that got stolen then it dose not matter if it is new or used.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-06-26 at 10:47 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    split the difference, you can still buy new 4th gens, they are 175$

You are in the right.

Simply cause it's a older item, it isn't worth 250 by far anymore and if you offered the money and she doesn't want it; too bad for her.

You could also you know, buy a really cheap Ipod of the lowest amount of GB for a few bucks? If she wants the full price then replace it with something cheap. Win win for both! She got a new Ipod, you are off cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just go with the advice given when people are saying to buy the same iPoo. Pick one up for whatever price they go for used and give her that back. If she has a problem with that then tell her that you aren't willing for her to take advantage of the compromising situation you are in and you are replacing what was lost and nothing else.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!