Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostblade01 View Post
    So I think I got my answer. None exists and I should stop looking for them because they are the spawn of the Dark Lord himself. Further more I should go drink everything found under the sink for even broaching the subject!

Message received. Thanks for the replies.
    Not saying its terrible, but it might not have the effect you want. Its too impersonal, the opposite of what a greeting should be.

Deleted
    Make an extra tab for Guild chat. you willl never miss anyone

You may be able to make a weak aura which monitors chat for people coming online and then puts a texture on the screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    You may be able to make a weak aura which monitors chat for people coming online and then puts a texture on the screen.
    Now THAT is a good idea....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostblade01 View Post
    Well the point is sometimes if I'm busy, I don't SEE people log on. If DBM is rolling, I just miss things. I was hoping that an addon existed where if I didn't say something in guild chat after a certain length of time (30 seconds?), then it would take the initiative to greet someone as I would if I was available to do so.
    Then you simply missed the person log in. It's not like you HAVE to greet every single player who logs in. I'd rather be greeted by someone who actually takes the time to greet me, rather than someone who has an addon to greet me. Such addons become quite obvious fairly quickly and when people use such addons I actually feel like "just another guildie you never talk to".

I myself haven't looked for such an addon so I wouldn't know any, but I simply advice you to not use them.

Just imagine this scenario:
    -Player X logs in
    -Player Ys addon says: Hey, what's up!
    -Player X says whats up and asks how player Y is doing
    -Player Y doesn't respond
    -Player X feels ignored
    -Player X leaves guild because he feels unvaluad.

I have a guildie who has an auto-grats addon, and it is the most annoying dehumanized thing ever. Rather than what you'd think, a warm bit of recognition, it turns into an every ten minutes reminder how people are too lazy to take the slightest personal effort to make it a meaningful gesture.

I can only expect an auto-hello addon would have a similar effect.

A far better approach is to give them a real genuine hello when you can, and a "oh sorry I didn't see you come on, hope you're well" when you miss them.

Deleted
    You know what you're asking? imagine if you go to the hospital and when you enter the building, the PA announces "Lostblade01 is here for his prostate exam".

This would be good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otzsx View Post
    Make an extra tab for Guild chat. you willl never miss anyone
    Already got to much tabs.

ye those addons are really, really great! everyone should use them.. said no one ever..
    It's bad, especially when you relog few of your alts in a rapid succession..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!