Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Easiest Heroic Bosses in ToT?

So my raiding group started late in this expac, didnt really start ToT til 2 months after its release, because we were still trying to gear up from the previous raids.

My questions is this, we just downed Heroic Jinrokh last night, and I was wondering which would be the next easiest Heroic to start working on?
    As a group we have extreamly good dps, but mechanic fights, takes some of our raiders a long time to grasp, putting in more than 20-30 wipes in some cases.

Any help will be appreciated, if maybe someone could post their top 5 or so easiest bosses in ToT, it would be helpful, so I can start to do some of my own research on it as well.

Thank you,
    Last edited by Sukoidha; 2013-06-26 at 03:08 PM.

I hate you. I wanted to help you. But I decided not to because of the way you formatted the post.

Edit: Ya ok now you edit it. For people wondering he had 3 screen heights worth of blank space between paragraphs.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2013-06-26 at 03:11 PM.

Yes I am sorry about the formatting, for some reason, my work computer does not like MMO champ, due to the small screen that I have. Re-did the formatting on MS Word, so it would be more viewing appropriate.

For progression you should go, Jin' rok then ji'kun. If you get thoes pretty easily the next week do thoes with H tortos( tortos is so easy all you do is make sure you have a shield buff from crystals basically). H Iron qon is also very easy.

Deleted
    JinRok> JiKun> Horridon> Iron Qon> Tortos>> Council> Primo>> Twins = Meg = Durum >>>> DA >>> Lei Shen

Imo

My guild just hit 5/13 and I'd have to say from easiest to hardest

1. Jin'rokh
    2. Ji-kun
    3. Tortos
    4. Iron Qon
    5. Horridon
    and assuming from here:
    6. Twin Consorts
    7. Primordius
    8. Megeara
    9. Durumu
    10. Council of Elders
    11. Dark Animus
    12. Lei Shen

Although I have heard that both Primordius and Twins are easier than Horridon for 10man

Quote Originally Posted by frostfire199 View Post

1. Jin'rokh
    2. Ji-kun
    3. Tortos
    4. Iron Qon
    5. Horridon
    and assuming from here:
    6. Twin Consorts
    7. Primordius
    8. Megeara
    9. Durumu
    10. Council of Elders
    11. Dark Animus
    12. Lei Shen

Although I have heard that both Primordius and Twins are easier than Horridon for 10man

im shocked how highly people put horridon - as i hated that fight on normal i find it very easy on hc since there is only pink dino to care about rest is same as on normal well ofc higher numberwise but still op said they have very good dps which means adds would go down very fast -_-

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    im shocked how highly people put horridon - as i hated that fight on normal i find it very easy on hc since there is only pink dino to care about rest is same as on normal well ofc higher numberwise but still op said they have very good dps which means adds would go down very fast -_-
    It's not so much that horridon was that HARD per say, tortos and iron qon are just much much easier in my personal experience

Deleted
    Ji-kun is definitly next, I'd even argue it's easier than jin'rokh. Next up will be horridon/council/tortos/IQ, which is easier depends a bit on your strengths and weaknesses. Horridon gets a lot easier with gear and when pulling high numbers, very similar to normal but you got a pink dino on top. Council is also a lot easier with gear, however more frontloaded in the first 3 minutes. Tortos isn't that much affected by gear, you'll still need to do everything correctly, you may get a wave of turtles less but that's probably not what's gonna stand in between you and a kill. IQ isn't too hard, but it's a long fight so need to focus for 10 minutes or so which means more things can go wrong.
    If you're more the "numbers > mechanics" type of guild I'd say jin'rokh > ji'kun > horridon > IQ > council > tortos. Maybe even put council in front of IQ.

Edit: group comp is also not irrelevant. 2 warlocks means wind storms on IQ is completely trivialised. A proper brewmaster that knows how to kite bats can help a ton on tortos. Disc priest on horridon is also quite amazing.
    Last edited by mmocfb5d9aca2a; 2013-06-26 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Edit: group comp is also not irrelevant. 2 warlocks means wind storms on IQ is completely trivialised. A proper brewmaster that knows how to kite bats can help a ton on tortos. Disc priest on horridon is also quite amazing.
    Aye. Melee / range dps distribution is something else to consider. We run melee-heavy, so did Iron Qon b/f Horridon or Tortos.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What we did: Jin-Rokh>Horridon>Ji-Kun>Tortos>Iron Qon>Council>Primordius>Megaera>Twins>Durumu>Animus>Lei Shen>Ra-den

What I would say is the best way to go now:

Jin-Rokh>Ji-Kun>Tortos>Horridon>Iron Qon>Council>Twins>Megaera>Primordius>Durumu>Animus>Lei Shen>Ra-den

If you have good gear, due to upgrades and such the following fights are fairly simple mechanically and as such can do them as you choose:

Iron Qon/Primordius/Twins

I personally refuse to even consider jin'rokh a boss, even on heroic. For me is a trash mob that drops epics.

Then i'd go, considering you have high DPS but mechanics take you some time...

Ji'Kun
    Dark Animus (should your DPS be high enough to achieve this -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjR2cUhEZA8, if it's not this goes with durumu)
    Consorts (if you don't have someone that can pain't, this goes with Durumu)
    Tortos (if you don't have someone that can kick, this goes witn Durumu)
    Iron Qon
    Horridon
    Primordius
    Megaera
    Council (might take some time getting healers used to damage)
    ---- Here is a BIG jump
    Tortos (if not above)
    Consorts (if not above)
    Durumu
    Animus (if not above)
    Lei Shen
    Last edited by Inthislzon; 2013-06-26 at 05:22 PM.

Deleted
    Jin'rokh
    Ra-Den
    Ji Kun
    Twins
    Tortos

Ji Kun
    Horridon/Iron Qon
    Tortos
    Council/Primordius
    Magaera
    Consorts
    Durumu
    Animus

Having exceptional dps will change the order a fair bit.

The really easy heroics are Iron Qon, Jinrokh, Horridon and Ji-kun.

The majority of raid guilds do Jinrokh, then horridon, then tortos or ji-kun, then iron qon

This was my guilds experience. 25 Man.

Hardest to easiest:

Lei Shen
    Animus
    Durumu
    Magaera (Literally played like shit and made it so much harder then it was)
    Council (Until we learned you can keep Kaz unempowered. 2 shot it after that)
    Twins
    Qon
    Ra-den (Take the 30 attempt limit away and it was a joke)
    Ji-Kun
    Primordius
    Horridon
    Jin'rokh
    Tortos
    Last edited by Gliff; 2013-06-26 at 05:49 PM.

We spent more wipes on heroic horridon than anything else besides Lei Shen =X. I see it trap a lot of guilds for a while and often feel it deserves a higher spot on the list.

Twins is actually extremely easy, and blizzard obviously intends it to be 2healable now (people often have 3rd healer go be the celestials person, they do very little healing as a result anyway). It mainly has a slightly high dps check for new groups that 3 heal, but you could 2 heal and have a dps do celestials - that should give enough damage for a newish group to beat it.

I personally find durumu extremely easy in 10man, but others don't... but it's one of those fights where 100% of the events are scripted (timing of life drains, etc). So if you have the timing down and a plan then it's not difficult.
    Last edited by Justusy; 2013-06-26 at 06:34 PM.

25?

Jinrohk, Twin consorts, Primordius. Everything else is a notch below.

Quote Originally Posted by frostfire199 View Post

1. Jin'rokh
    2. Ji-kun
    3. Tortos
    4. Iron Qon
    5. Horridon
    and assuming from here:
    6. Twin Consorts
    7. Primordius
    8. Megeara
    9. Durumu
    10. Council of Elders
    11. Dark Animus
    12. Lei Shen

I know that alot of people think Tortos is easier than alot of other bosses and on 10m having 1-2 classes makes a very big difference.

So i would say

Jinrokh
    Jikun
    Ironqon
    Horridon
    Twin Consorts
    Durumu
    Tortos
    council
    primordius
    megeara
    Dark animus
    Leishen

In 10m Durumu is a joke we just realized that and my god he is so fucking retarded easy its like normal and the icewalls dont even have that much hp and the parts share HP.
    If you use the 4 statues twin consort is also very easy we had them to 20% after 3 trys so far.

megeara/council/prim are about the same tortos is very easy if you can kite and have a 70% slow for the turtles if not he gets alot harder.

Iron qon is very easy aswell, there is no dps requirement you can take 3 healers and not have any dps issues even with two tanks.