Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can someone explain my brain today Gear Looks

I just compare new Paladin PvP Set and one back in the 8 years ago... And... I just can't understand.

Looks awesome =D

Doesn't the gear take it theme from each expansion/patch? Tbh I think the old gear sucks compared to the new stuff.

For instance the Tier 14 Paladin set is the best ever! The shoulders are so epic looking xD

10+ Year Old Account
    BY and large I"m not a fan of this expansions gear design. It's all pretty shit with rare exceptions. Xmog is the best thing ever.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like when classes look like their class. The new sets are all so universal. Themes are good, but at least make them feel like the class.

Although I love the Shado-Pan hoods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, let's just take the best set we have of vanilla and ignore the rest of the horrible sets.
    And let's take the worst set of MoP and ignore the good ones.

And what Leonheart327 said is right, it's themed made gear, and vanilla was all about horde and alliance mostly, new world.
    MoP is about Sha/old god stuff, So it will look aswell.
    Last edited by Gimlix; 2013-06-26 at 04:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    That vanilla set is awful, pretty damn dull. Wtf where you thinking Bolvar! The detail on the new one is how sets should look, also, Templar Helmet? Yes please.

(By the way, I dont understand your Thread Title)
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-06-26 at 04:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was just thinking about starting a post on this subject, i am finding myself angry with blizzard because after years and years of paladins asking for Tyreal wings they give them to a priest /QQ i just want my tyreal wings for my paladin they need to give them as a glyph for avenging wrath or even better a version kinda like the D3 collectors set, an item i can use to turn them on / off

The only issue I have with the newer sets is that they seem to lack bright colours like T1 and T2, it made them much more distinguishable. But maybe that's just because there are so many sets now after so many years and I've lost the overview over them (I don't know anymore which set has been released with which tier after T7 or so). Another factor is that there are now 3 (soon 4? not sure) differently coloured versions of the same set, which probably makes it harder to give them a unique colouring.

It's certainly a very subjective topic though and I don't care that much since I can just transmog my old sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the new way of item art. Overused bright edges, rough design, clunky and primitive. Looks like lazy designers.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't liked the tier trends for a long time...especially as a druid. Thunderheart was the last appropriate set we will ever have. Though their designs can be thematically explained, they often don't match the class. Their biggest flaws in gear now is a couple of things:
    -Professional Wrestling Belts
    -Painted on chests and legs.

Looking at gear in other games, I am astonished. There are actual layers and models involved with pieces other than the shoulders and helm and it looks amazing.
    BAD WOLF

As the graphics and whatnot get better in the game, I am amazed at how boring the sets get over the years to go along with this, and that people still opt to transmog to the old sets over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I haven't liked the tier trends [...]
    -Professional Wrestling Belts
    -Painted on chests and legs.

Looking at gear in other games, I am astonished. There are actual layers and models involved with pieces other than the shoulders and helm and it looks amazing.
    It has always been like that, nothing about this is a trend or related to the newer sets specifically.

I hate the past few sets. Always remind me of bugs :L
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the problem? I see one shitty old set of gear on the left and one amazing new set on the right.
    Aye mate

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    It has always been like that, nothing about this is a trend or related to the newer sets specifically.
    Overly large belts, no. Painted on gear yes. I wasn't saying that the problems now didn't exist back then, but the overall theme was certainly more appropriate. Just by saying 'now' doesn't imply it was never a problem, just that it is a problem now.

There's a reason people like to transmog to old gear sets and it's not simply for nostalgia. It's because they actually look like the class would wear that gear. It used to be that only hunter tiers used raid mob as a gimmick to design their appearance. Used sparingly, it worked. It made sense. They hunt creatures, so naturally their gear would be like a trophy of what they have slain.

Now it's almost an arbitrary design tenet to make it fit into the tier in some fashion. The latest druid 'spooky tree' gear? Wtf. Druids aren't witches, they aren't classified just because they are made of wood. It looks more like warlock gear. The same can be said for many classes.

Oh there's fire in this raid, let's make sure everyone has fire coming out of their orificies and throw in huge bones and claws for no reason ever. Yeah...this looks awesome. Scale up the belt, shoulders, and helms by 300%

Oh, and add more nonsensical lighting effects to those shoulders.
    BAD WOLF

The people who prefer that picture on the left are the same crowd that gobbles up Call of Duty crap year after year. Shitty design, SICK EPIC xD visuals. The cancer killing the industry.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the MoP tier/season sets look bad or unimpressive in my honest opinion. Though I believe some vanilla to cata sets had their share of bad looks, at least some of them impresses me. T13 had only a few good looking ones like the Pally or Warrior PvE set but I think it went downhill in terms of looks from that point.

Deleted
    I love the new gear! It's all about the taste, man!