10+ Year Old Account

Question Blacksmithing VS Engineering

Hello all,

I have been thinking about swapping blacksmithing for Engineering but will it be worth it?

Mainly I am playing as a arms in PvP. But also do some PvE as a protection warrior.

What do you guys think? will it be worth it?
    Last edited by Debreker; 2013-06-26 at 03:29 PM.

Deleted
    For PvP Engineering is defo the best by a longshot. Jewelcrafting+Blacksmithing is still best for PvE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    Why not both?
    Want to keep my mining

Deleted
    Engineering is a bad proff. Only good thing is the rocket boost, the glider being very situational, and its buffs aren't better than what you can get from the other crafting proffesions.
    You can't make money with engineering either as everything it has is either only usable by other engineers (who obviously don't need your stuff) or bop. Only things you can sell are scopes for hunter weapons, which aren't even worth that much.

Get blacksmithing and don't look back. Ofcourse you can't make money with BS either simply because there are so many bs-ers, the proff being very popular, that the crafted stuff is very cheap. As an example: LW crafted pvp gear - 500g/piece, BS crafted pvp gear - 90-180g.

Quote Originally Posted by Debreker View Post
    Want to keep my mining
    Get it on a DK/Paladin alt instead Faster mount!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Engineering is a bad proff. Only good thing is the rocket boost, the glider being very situational, and its buffs aren't better than what you can get from the other crafting proffesions.
    You can't make money with engineering either as everything it has is either only usable by other engineers (who obviously don't need your stuff) or bop. Only things you can sell are scopes for hunter weapons, which aren't even worth that much.

Get blacksmithing and don't look back. Ofcourse you can't make money with BS either simply because there are so many bs-ers, the proff being very popular, that the crafted stuff is very cheap. As an example: LW crafted pvp gear - 500g/piece, BS crafted pvp gear - 90-180g.
    The buffs are the same if you use it on CD, but you can line it up with other CDs for superior burst, which is why Engi is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffy View Post
    For PvP Engineering is defo the best by a longshot. Jewelcrafting+Blacksmithing is still best for PvE
    Engineering is hands down the best for dps in pve, 1920 str/intel/agi on a 60 second timer and not on the gcd.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Any one else wants to add something?
    Last edited by Debreker; 2013-06-26 at 04:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Engineering offers great utility and stat gain.

Blacksmithing can offer money (through dilligent crafting) and straight stat gain.

Really what do you enjoy more, being able to rocket boot in an encounter or make some money on the side?
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

has their been any confirmation on if we are going to have epic gems in 5.4/5.5? i saw epic gems datamined on the 5.2 ptr prior to the release of ToTbut then they disappeared. would like to switch bs for engi but not until its certain there wont be epic gems

10+ Year Old Account
    Any one else wants to add something?
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=126392

Goblin Glider.
    "Brevity is...wit"

For PvP Engineering is better without a doubt. PvP is mostly about burst, trying to do large amounts of damage during cooldowns, a big boost of Str/Agi/Int will result in higher burst, which makes Engi better than Blacksmithing for PvP by a long shot, it isn't even close.

For PvE, they're about even I'd say. Blacksmithing will provide a static gain in DPS, while Engi will synergize will with a potion, bloodlust, CDs, etc. If you use the gloves on CD it averages out to the same, so I'd probably say that Engineering is ahead in PvE as well. Plus you get the belt bomb thing that's off GCD for extra damage, and the nitro boots to help avoid mechanics, or get yourself killed, depending.

Deleted
    Hello all,

I have been thinking about swapping blacksmithing for Engineering but will it be worth it?

Mainly I am playing as a arms in PvP. But also do some PvE as a protection warrior.

What do you guys think? will it be worth it?

Since you're asking only in terms of profession benefits for your character, go Engineering.

On the other hand, I'd never do that cause I'm also interested in gold earning potential (on top of character perks). I'd any day go BS before Engi. Crafted Dread is still hot to sell, earns you very decent profits and come 5.4, crafted Malev will be even hotter. Regarding character perks, very rarely you'll score that kill only cause you had glove enchant up at that particular time.

Keep Blacksmithing, in the long run it is much better, engineer is just a prof for people who are bored and want so gizmos to screw around with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strangely enough, both have to sock out gold to alchemists for living steel to make anything good.

Anyway, engineering CD gives superior burst... sadly, though, it can't be lined up with the on-use PvP trinkets.

But really, this should seal the deal for engineering
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-06-29 at 08:34 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.