Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    i already said this like a year ago that they need to seperate PVE from PVP but everyone was like "WOOT WOOT not needed woot woot wat ya talkin bout ?"

    also noticed this was my 666 post im so evil !
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

    -Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

  2. #82
    Moderator Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    the competition is set by those who think there is a competition, blizz has no official competition for pve, your argument only exists with other players that want competition which is a minority, so good luck with that, if its the people done at high level of raiding, then fine, it only matters to them, if people dont need to care, well why should they care?

    competition to me is only official if theres anything actually official about it and first party rankings, by that, i mean from blizzard themselves.
    Blizzard does officially rank PvE success themselves through achievements (way more raid achievements than arena or rbg ones), server wide announcements when a PvE guild kills the current tier end boss, the best gear in the game, new unique titles every tier to acknowledge the top raid guilds, unique mounts only attainable off the final bosses on heroic, other mounts for doing all the fights in a unique way.

    They probably haven't felt the need to manage guild progress or top (insert your class here) - because other sites have managed it much better than they would and have done so since Vanilla.

    For example, here are all the guilds in the world, listed by rank - much like crossladder:

    http://www.wowprogress.com/


    Here is a meta-analysis of the 100 top players of each class in the world averaged out and compared to other specs of other classes, comparable to tools like WorldOfWargraphs:

    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...14/60/default/


    Here is a list of all the top shadowpriests in the world, on Heroic 25 Ra-Den:

    http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...Shadow_Priest/


    In a lot of ways, the PvE community has a lot more tools than we do for measuring success - and I'm confident if you asked Blizzard which was more official and significant to them - they'd say top end raiding, not top end arenas: evidenced by the fact they pump out dozens of new encounters for the PvE'rs every tier/season, but they give us like 1-3 new arenas/battlegrounds per expansion - and many of them are left un-fun for at least their first expansion without support.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    dont be all getting crazy on each other.

    but for the person who says arcane shot was buffed , it also had its focus cost increase. it is a filler shot and more focus = less filler which = less dps. unless the buff is so great it outweighs it. someone will have to run the numbers to see if it is indeed a buff to dps. and even then does it outweigh the loss of stampede and other stuff?
    I saw a post running the numbers, was something like a 2k DPS buff at near max focus and a 2k DPS loss if at low focus. It's not even a buff, it's just making it hit harder but leaving us unable to cast it more.

  4. #84
    I must admit that I dabbled with PvP but with less game time available to me I doubt I'll ever do it again. So yeah I am hating nerfs to my character just to appease PvP play.

    THEY NEED TO BE SEPARATED!

  5. #85
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    2,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I still wonder.... is it NOT possible for Blizz to make separate spells for PvP/PvE?

    Other games have done this, why can't Blizz do it?
    If spells (and abilities) function differently in pvp and pve you have two different games, you might as well split the games up at that point. It will not be the same game.

    In fact i would claim that having game rules different for mobs and players is already a mistake, it makes the game world inconsistent

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    If spells (and abilities) function differently in pvp and pve you have two different games, you might as well split the games up at that point. It will not be the same game.

    In fact i would claim that having game rules different for mobs and players is already a mistake, it makes the game world inconsistent
    Clearly it should be inconsistent since both camps have made it apparent that they need different things from their choice of playstyle.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    I saw a post running the numbers, was something like a 2k DPS buff at near max focus and a 2k DPS loss if at low focus. It's not even a buff, it's just making it hit harder but leaving us unable to cast it more.
    anyone saying the arcane shot change is a nerf is just dumb. it's even more of a straightforward buff for high haste focus cap problems than was the lavaburst change.

    and, yeah, it'd be great if arenas were just deleted, as arena problems drive class balance based on things that never happen in PVE.

    also pretty sure some years ago either a senior dev or the game director said in an interview that arenas were the biggest mistake in wow, so it's not exactly a fringe opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Sacrificial Pact is only good when there's huge burst damage and you're not amazingly geared, in almost every other case soul link is the better talent. Now I'm not sure how well your warlock is geared, but once you're geared and pull 200k+ dps on bosses, you'll find out that you don't need anything else but Soul Leech because it stacks up so quickly.
    you use sacrificial pact to build massive soul leeches, as once soul leech becomes larger than sac pact the sac pact gets eaten first. on fights where there is very little raid damage going out i guess you could use soul link, but the thing is that sac pact lets you build brokenly huge shields even on fights with significant raid damage.
    Last edited by snaxattax; 2013-06-27 at 05:10 PM.

  8. #88
    It still just amazes me that anyone PvPs in this game at all. It's terribly designed and still feels like it did so very long ago- like an afterthought.

  9. #89
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    2,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Clearly it should be inconsistent since both camps have made it apparent that they need different things from their choice of playstyle.
    Which means it should be separate games not combined in one game.

  10. #90
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,426
    The Arcane Shot buff nets some CRAZY damage during BW, when you have BW and TOTH, you can spam Arcane and crit for 50-60k a pop, it's unreal.

  11. #91
    Epic! Naztrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nagrand Arena
    Posts
    1,532
    It still just amazes me that anyone PvPs in this game at all. It's terribly designed and still feels like it did so very long ago- like an afterthought.
    Same thing I feel about pve.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    But the DK was as overpowered in pvp as in pve. Bad example, since the nerf helped to balance both pve and pvp.

    The thing is, you can't have two perfectly balanced modes in the same game, unless you simply completly separate them. So, separate abilities, separate gear, separate leveling system. On the other hand you can simply have what was in vanilla - pvp being a part of the game. There were no raiders/pvpers back then - only players. Players who liked to pvp sometimes.

    And Wrath? I remember the amazing rogue damage, that was pretty much "you didn't find the guy first? Well, good luck in another fight". I remember Paladin bubbles being even more stupidly broken then nowadays. Warriors with their chain charges/stuns/knockbacks/whatever. And no one complained. Because everybody had his broken stuff to deal with other broken stuff. And nowadays - Chaos Bolt hitting my head for a half of the HP meter? I could silence... or LoS... or deal with it... or nope, let's whine on forums.
    Your argument seems rather moot, to be honest. When they recently nerfed Stampede, they buffed abilities the HUNTER has as well. We used to make jokes at the hunter in my raid by saying "Why do we bring you again? We could just give your spot to your pet".

    The Ret Paladin bubble damage, which I assume is what you are referring to in regards to bubble being broken, was needing a nerf at that point.

    You say people never complained about the warriors ability to stun lock when they had thrown down, are you new to the game or new to the forums? People complained about that all the time.

    Stampede and Warrior-gib's from early MoP needed those nerfs which it didn't really effect a whole lot of pve (As I said, our hunter performs fine.). The Deterrance change coming up isn't going to kill you.

    The only questionable one I will give you guys is the Silencing Shot change, because every class has a silence they can use and in fairness, it would suck to be the single class who doesn't.
    What is tank?

    "The basic idea of a tank is well understood. It works like an argument with my mother. The mobs keeps beating on you, and the more you throw it's own shit back at it, the more it focuses on you and hates you. Perplexing enough, this is actually not only your goal, but the mob eventually gives you loot and money when it dies instead of writing you out of its will." (Senotay)

    "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -- William Shakespeare

  13. #93
    Moderator Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    I saw a post running the numbers, was something like a 2k DPS buff at near max focus and a 2k DPS loss if at low focus. It's not even a buff, it's just making it hit harder but leaving us unable to cast it more.
    The thing about increasing the damage ratio in precise accordance with the cost is, the damage/cost efficiency remains the same. What they changed is the need to spam it as often to achieve the same DPS, what would previously take 3 GCDs now takes 2, in terms of time-cost (which is a massive damage factor in proper DPS simulations) - the arcane shot change is a considerable buff - since it gives hunters additional GCDs to use utility spells without losing an arcane shot GCD, or casting an extra focus generator when they would previously have had to cast their third Arcane Shot. It also means that their talent that makes their next three Arcane Shots free (now 10 energy per shot, but still extremely cheap) - is now significantly stronger from a damage/cost ratio. It's a good DPS gain regardless of how much energy you are at.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  14. #94
    PvE always comes first.

    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

  15. #95
    love it or leave it, looks like youll have to quit or deal with it
    looking for others who agree wont change your mind so why bring your issues here

  16. #96
    The Lightbringer Hanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida!
    Posts
    3,001
    How are locks getting boned because of PvP? Are you talking about the changes to KJC? Last time I checked, it was stated that "The simple fact is that the constant, passive ability to perform a complete DPS rotation while moving was never intended to be a core feature of the Warlock class."

    They mean for both PvE and PvP, if not more so the former.

    Also, balance is a bitch. If you aren't used to it by now I'd say to look for another game.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Slonah View Post
    I hate players in PvE gear being viable in PvP while players in PvP gear are not viable for PvE
    Agreed that used to be rather annoying!

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Slonah View Post
    I hate players in PvE gear being viable in PvP while players in PvP gear are not viable for PvE

    Scratch that... reverse it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~Jesus of Nazareth

  19. #99
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,441
    Raiders be all like: Waah, our tiny niche part of the game is being affected by something far more players enjoy! We get most of the development time dedicated to giving us the best gear, new content, new vanity items, but PvPers get a speck of dust! THAT'S OUR SPECK OF DUST! HOW DARE YOU GIVE IT TO THEM!

    Edit: Haha, you guys are so the ugly step-sisters from Cinderella.
    Last edited by Steamwheedle; 2013-06-27 at 10:22 PM.
    #GamerGate has as much to do with misogyny and hatred as atheism has to do with the Big Bang Theory - belief in the BBT is completely separate to the assertion that there is no conclusive proof that any god exists. #GamerGate is about ethics in video game journalism. Misogyny is an optional extra of a vocal minority.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I hate that resil even has to exist in the first place because PVE players need LARGER NUMBERS ON THEIR SCREEN WHEN KILLING A BOSS, even though the time it takes to kill the boss is exactly the same.
    Because of scales, PvP has to allow for 1v1 which is not how your PvE opponents come along.

    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I still wonder.... is it NOT possible for Blizz to make separate spells for PvP/PvE?

    Other games have done this, why can't Blizz do it?
    Because is it right that you should re-learn how your class works ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •