Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

im sick of pvp causing pve nerfs.

anyone with me? i am sooooo tired of it . hunters are getting boned cause of it and so are locks.

Deleted
    It goes both ways, but balance is a lot more volatile to changes in PvP.

I hate players in PvE gear being viable in PvP while players in PvP gear are not viable for PvE

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate that resil even has to exist in the first place because PVE players need LARGER NUMBERS ON THEIR SCREEN WHEN KILLING A BOSS, even though the time it takes to kill the boss is exactly the same.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I still wonder.... is it NOT possible for Blizz to make separate spells for PvP/PvE?

Other games have done this, why can't Blizz do it?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I still wonder.... is it NOT possible for Blizz to make separate spells for PvP/PvE?

Time.

They have done some things like the length of spells on players vs mobs, i.e polymorph etc,

But yea, when it really comes down to it, I remember reading somewhere once that Blizzard would do it in a perfect world but it takes a lot more work than most people would probably think.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I hate that resil even has to exist in the first place because PVE players need LARGER NUMBERS ON THEIR SCREEN WHEN KILLING A BOSS, even though the time it takes to kill the boss is exactly the same.
    Larger numbers means killing bosses faster or killing harder bosses with more health.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    anyone with me? i am sooooo tired of it . hunters are getting boned cause of it and so are locks.
    Agreed. They should accept the fact that they need to separate PvE and PvP spell functions.

Quote Originally Posted by Slonah View Post
    I hate players in PvE gear being viable in PvP while players in PvP gear are not viable for PvE
    Not really. The best PvP gear can probably get you through most of ToT. Heroic ToT gear won't give you Glad. In fact, whenever I make a new alt, I aim for conquest gear to get myself raid ready.

I'm afraid that's not how it works. You want to be able to feel progression during an expansion, right? You want your new gear to matter? Well, at the start of every expansion, the base damage has to be increased. Your spell power and attack power should go up by a lot in order to increase the base damage. This change alone isn't what's causing the very large numbers, but the crit, haste and mastery.

Increasing the secondary stats increases your dps by a LOT (obviously), which in turn means that they have to be lessened by a higher level, which means that at every new expansion, you'll have lower secondary % values than the last patch of the expansion before. You still want to feel stronger though since you're a higher level, so spell power, attack power and base damage has to get increased.

This is why damage increases exponentially, not additively and unfortunately for you, it's very hard not to put up large numbers. However, the 65% resil should be enough for the next expansion if they raise the hp a bit.

To answer to the less gifted people. Ghostcrawler said that himself, but in a more discrete manner. They just don't want to confuse the people that don't have the mental capacity required of using a spell different depending on the situation.

Wrong.

Hunters have gotten buffs to compensate.

So have locks.

Locks will continue be exceptional in PvE. They will continue to have 3 rank 1 viable specs.

Hunters will be for the most part more competitive in PvE (except SV aoe which wasn't a PvP nerf) while having MM ALSO be PvP viable now.

Ergo you're wrong on all accounts OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Because the reverse doesn't happen? But that's not important.

You get the content, the dungeons, the raids, heaps of development time.
    All pvpers really need is a reasonable amount of attention to balance. As long as balance is reasonable, people will play pvp.
    It's all we need to play, we're pretty low maintenance.
    Wanting to take that away is kind of selfish isn't it? It's all we really get apart from 1bg/arena per every so many patches.

Locks woulda got nerfed PVE anyway, even without PVP. considering everything they bring, dps, utility compared to every class in all honesty.

While I do agree the nerfs were needed for pvp, in the pve world they were not needed... Honestly they could just make the nerfs happen when you entered a bg/arena....... kind of like the gear scaling... Thus would only effect in a pvp scene and not a pve.... I also hate it when People call me a pve fag, because I wear pve gear... Yet I do own a pair of pvp gear in my bags, and have earned many high achievements in PvP. Some people judge the ones they look at before they learn what lies within. But honestly, Stampede was stupid in arena, You could pop it and hide behind a pillar like a coward letting your pack do all the work for you.

Chaos Bolt with Sacrifice
    Stampede being awesome healing/dpsing/multibuffing cooldown
    Lynx Rush

RIP.

I don't get it. I remember Wrath being quite nice PvP experiance (in contrast to God awful MoP) and don't remember PvE nerfs just because somebody whined about getting two shoted. Yeah, if you are so annoyed that Powershot can take off half of your hp, learn to freaking dodge it, not whine like a baby. Every class has cool skills, don't take them away.

10+ Year Old Account
    PVP gets nerfed because of PVE as well..just look at the 65% resilience..that was purely to encourage raiders to pvp more -.-

Honestly its pure laziness. Other devs in other mmos have successfully nerfed or buffed classes in one aspect without ruining the other because skills do different things in pve and pvp. Blizz makes more money than those other devs so it cant be a money or manpower issue.

I'm not. If you could explain your perspective fully, I'd be very appreciative as I've never been able to understand this complaint despite its prominence through the years.

Are you upset that you'll personally be marginally lower on meters relative to your guildmates? Do you think your guild is going to be disadvantaged through progression next tier? Is your guild currently struggling with an enrage timer? I really can't figure out what the exact perspective is that upsets you guys so much but I'd love to know. To be blunt, I've always assumed it was just people that are personally offended by the very idea of player nerfs.

I still wonder.... is it NOT possible for Blizz to make separate spells for PvP/PvE? Other games have done this, why can't Blizz do it?
    They have. Colossus smash, mage bombs, and find weakness are all currently less effective against players. Blizzard is just very hesitant to do this because it apparently makes the game more confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Natentaters View Post
    Larger numbers means killing bosses faster or killing harder bosses with more health.
    If Blizzard set player damage to a reasonable level relative to player health pools, they just have to reduce monster health pools by the same amount. If pvp even crossed their minds during an expansion's development, resilience would be an unnecessary stat. I fully agree with Korgoth on this, but honestly it's a pretty minor thing. Just like pvp power it's a hideous bandaid fix, but as long as it does its job I'm satisfied enough to shut up about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Chaos Bolt with Sacrifice
    Stampede being awesome healing/dpsing/multibuffing cooldown
    Lynx Rush

RIP.

I don't get it.
    Yeah, you're not a very experienced pvper are you?
    Some things are just not defendable, it's like a dk at the start of wrath complaining he got nerfed.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2013-06-26 at 05:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm afraid that's not how it works. You want to be able to feel progression during an expansion, right? You want your new gear to matter? Well, at the start of every expansion, the base damage has to be increased. Your spell power and attack power should go up by a lot in order to increase the base damage. This change alone isn't what's causing the very large numbers, but the crit, haste and mastery.

Increasing the secondary stats increases your dps by a LOT (obviously), which in turn means that they have to be lessened by a higher level, which means that at every new expansion, you'll have lower secondary % values than the last patch of the expansion before. You still want to feel stronger though since you're a higher level, so spell power, attack power and base damage has to get increased.

This is why damage increases exponentially, not additively and unfortunately for you, it's very hard not to put up large numbers. However, the 65% resil should be enough for the next expansion if they raise the hp a bit.
    Wrong, its exactly how it works. There is 0 reason functionally why Blizzard could not reduce player damage by 65%, reduce NPC health by 65%, then remove resilience. The only reason to keep damage so dramatically high compared to player health, is PVE EPEEN. BIG NUMBERS RAWR! That's it.

PvP has been getting fucked over by the PVE EPEEN Inflating damage system since Wrath. Resilience shouldnt exist in its current form. It serves no purpose that could not be achieved by the Devs setting player DPS around player health, instead of setting player dps around PVE'r EPEEN.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    +1

I had a lot of guildmates quiting the game acusing they got to re-learn their class everytime , and geting PvE nerfed because PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong, its exactly how it works. There is 0 reason functionally why Blizzard could not reduce player damage by 65%, reduce NPC health by 65%, then remove resilience. The only reason to keep damage so dramatically high compared to player health, is PVE EPEEN. BIG NUMBERS RAWR! That's it.

PvP has been getting fucked over by the PVE EPEEN Inflating damage system since Wrath. Resilience shouldnt exist in its current form. It serves no purpose that could not be achieved by the Devs setting player DPS around player health, instead of setting player dps around PVE'r EPEEN.
    I agree with this. Big numbers is the only reason resil exists.

PvE causes lot more imbalance in PvP than vise versa. Anyone who plays both can tell you that.
    Last edited by ipoststuff; 2013-06-26 at 06:14 PM.