Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    that remains to be seen. i hope that they do buff us to compensate but i have serious doubts.
    In a world where hybrid tax isn't supposed to exist (so all classes should be similar), many classes have the right to complain about their dps. Worst case scenario, it takes a patch or two. That's how it is a lot of the time, but rest assured Blizzard won't want to deal with the shitstorm of complaints.

anyone with me? i am sooooo tired of it . hunters are getting boned cause of it and so are locks.
    Yup, I agree. Damn annoying. I don't PvP but it still messes with PvE play.

Deleted
    anyone with me? i am sooooo tired of it . hunters are getting boned cause of it and so are locks.

fuck off to another game then

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-06-26 at 08:15 PM.

Deleted
    boomkin and Spriests and lock passive damage reduction is getting nerfed due to PVE reasons ONLY, holy crap, you realise how OP their defenses are in PVE, I main a lock, and holy hell can I take damage compared to anyone one else passively, not to mention you got some self heals, thats enough in respect to pve outgoing damage, its to prevent cheesing mechanics due to some dps classes or specs, if blizz want you to get hit HARD from raid bosses, they intend that very thing, to actually stress healers AND for YOURSELF to look after your selves, not just get out of the fire, you know that little thing called utility, blizz wants you to look after your self more, those damage reductions made it faceroll

Mage lvl 90 talents tier...period
    Incanters ward was safe, unfortunately the pvp burst complaints caused IW to be nerfed as well..
    now all we have are even nerfed lame final tier talents..
    Niot to mention the deep freeze change..It changed everything..In cata it used to deal damage to targets whic couldn't be stunned..It was removed in mop.. -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Locks woulda got nerfed PVE anyway, even without PVP. considering everything they bring, dps, utility compared to every class in all honesty.
    The only thing that needed a nerf for PvE that affects PvP as well is the gateway. No one uses soul leech for PvP and the Fel Armor nerf is just stupid, for both PvE and PvP and totally not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    PVP gets nerfed because of PVE as well..just look at the 65% resilience..that was purely to encourage raiders to pvp more -.-
    How is that a nerf exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    boomkin and Spriests and lock passive damage reduction is getting nerfed due to PVE reasons ONLY, holy crap, you realise how OP their defenses are in PVE, I main a lock, and holy hell can I take damage compared to anyone one else passively, not to mention you got some self heals, thats enough in respect to pve outgoing damage, its to prevent cheesing mechanics due to some dps classes or specs, if blizz want you to get hit HARD from raid bosses, they intend that very thing, to actually stress healers AND for YOURSELF to look after your selves, not just get out of the fire, you know that little thing called utility, blizz wants you to look after your self more, those damage reductions made it faceroll
    Yeah, 2 words: Soul Leech.
    Our self healing ain't OP in PvE, Fel Armor ain't OP in PvE, actually none of our defensive abilities are OP in PvE except Soul Leech, which is getting nerfed to the ground and as I said above, no one takes it for PvP. A 10% passive damage reduction is not going to make much of a difference when you have a 600k+ shield built up.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-06-26 at 08:27 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huuga View Post
    Mage lvl 90 talents tier...period
    Incanters ward was safe, unfortunately the pvp burst complaints caused IW to be nerfed as well..
    now all we have are even nerfed lame final tier talents..
    Niot to mention the deep freeze change..It changed everything..In cata it used to deal damage to targets whic couldn't be stunned..It was removed in mop.. -.-
    Deep Freeze change was a pve change... so what are you even complaining about? It could never deal damage to players, ever. It only did damage if the target was permanently immune. Incanter's Ward was nerfed because it might as well have been Avenging Wrath, combined with auto-critting a stunned target. Pretty dumb. And the nerf was compensated, lol.

Tbh both are horribly balanced and raging at pvpers isn't gonna help. You need to bitch at blizzard they make all of the choices.

---------- Post added 2013-06-26 at 08:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    The only thing that needed a nerf for PvE that affects PvP as well is the gateway. No one uses soul leech for PvP and the Fel Armor nerf is just stupid, for both PvE and PvP and totally not needed.

How is that a nerf exactly?

Our self healing ain't OP in PvE, Fel Armor ain't OP in PvE, actually none of our defensive abilities are OP in PvE except Soul Leech, which is getting nerfed to the ground and as I said above, no one takes it for PvP. A 10% passive damage reduction is not going to make much of a difference when you have a 600k+ shield built up.
    Pve trinkets are better then pvp trinkets atm. So kind of a nerf and the new 4 piece pve sets coming out might cause problems as well.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    Pve trinkets are better then pvp trinkets atm. So kind of a nerf and the new 4 piece pve sets coming out might cause problems as well.
    How is that a nerf exactly? You have more trinkets to choose from, being to lazy/refusing to gather them is something completely different than a nerf.

15+ Year Old Account
    A little off topic but I have to disagree here, lock defensive abilities are definitely OP in PvE. My alt lock ran normal ToT the other week and through a combination of Sacrificial Pacts and Soul Leech - I took almost no raid damage at all, on any fight. Fel Armor just makes all that 10% stronger since I take 10% less damage before the shields. With that said, Fel Armor isn't the OP one - so it's dumb they are changing it.

One thing I dislike though is the move toward active mitigation away from passive mitigation. I liked that different classes had different advantages - cataclysm locks and mop spriests (up until 5.4) were both fairly tanky, you didn't want to try to pressure them down - mages by contrast had strong active cooldowns, so it could be hard to swap and burst them - but if you could sit on them long enough they fell over.

Now we're moving to a model where everyone is good versus burst, with short duration active defense cooldowns - but if you can sit on anyone long enough they will die. That means all ranged will need to have the self-sufficiency to kite. Passive mitigation is good, some classes should be prone to burst but not to pressure - that was a good point of differentiation.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I still wonder.... is it NOT possible for Blizz to make separate spells for PvP/PvE?

Other games have done this, why can't Blizz do it?
    they already do.

you can't sap bosses, you can't sheep them, you can barely disarm some, they cant be silenced/feared/rooted/snared or any other cc.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    they already do.

you can't sap bosses, you can't sheep them, you can barely disarm some, they cant be silenced/feared/rooted/snared or any other cc.
    yep just need to apply it to other things deemed too powerful in pvp . its simple really.

The game should be split into PvP & PvE versions of the abilites, and the tooltips should be dynamic, based on where in the world you are, or you can choose in a very simple interface option, which tooltips you'd like to see: PvE or PvP.

The fact is, Blizzard have said before it'll be a pain to learn two sets of the same ability. Bullshit! It is more of a pain to have to re-adjust your rotation, or re-work your entire gear every patch, and remodel your character because they fucked up balance in either PvE or PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    PVP gets nerfed because of PVE as well..just look at the 65% resilience..that was purely to encourage raiders to pvp more -.-
    that wasn't a nerf tho. it was a change and it was equal to everyone.

How is that a nerf exactly? You have more trinkets to choose from, being to lazy/refusing to gather them is something completely different than a nerf.
    PvE trinkets should NEVER be better than PvP trinkets in a PvP environment, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Yeah, you're not a very experienced pvper are you?
    Some things are just not defendable, it's like a dk at the start of wrath complaining he got nerfed.
    But the DK was as overpowered in pvp as in pve. Bad example, since the nerf helped to balance both pve and pvp.

The thing is, you can't have two perfectly balanced modes in the same game, unless you simply completly separate them. So, separate abilities, separate gear, separate leveling system. On the other hand you can simply have what was in vanilla - pvp being a part of the game. There were no raiders/pvpers back then - only players. Players who liked to pvp sometimes.

And Wrath? I remember the amazing rogue damage, that was pretty much "you didn't find the guy first? Well, good luck in another fight". I remember Paladin bubbles being even more stupidly broken then nowadays. Warriors with their chain charges/stuns/knockbacks/whatever. And no one complained. Because everybody had his broken stuff to deal with other broken stuff. And nowadays - Chaos Bolt hitting my head for a half of the HP meter? I could silence... or LoS... or deal with it... or nope, let's whine on forums.

As a hunter main i gotta agree. Been raped more and more for the entire mop period.

that remains to be seen. i hope that they do buff us to compensate but i have serious doubts.
    You got your stampede compensation with across the board arcane shot buffs. This is in fact a MASSIVE buff to PvP damage because along with the 10% increase you also got a 50% increase to damage and cost (read: burst buff). Hunters can certainly be buffed again but in order to do so they'll need to lose more because they are going to continue to be middle of the pack after the nerfs, not any worse.

Hunters DO NOT need any more compensation for PvP, in fact they could use a few more nerfs on their peels/CC. Same with locks though I would say they need to have KJC nerfed with no more compensation considering how all 3 specs are represented 2.5k and above and are topping dps meters and the PTR isn't showing them to be any worse off because they were balanced WITHOUT KJC in mind on live already.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Marc2001 View Post
    My moonkin agrees..i was hoping for a PVE survivability buff, and i get a nerf because pvp moonkins are apparently hard to kill.
    apparently the nerf was because of pve, which doesnt make sense while removing other survival aspects that we have. Also them saying we might get something "active" (We wont but hey, you can hope right)

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't blame the PvP hunters. It's blizzard who's the stupid one, nerfing the wrong things. The only change they could've done without messing up PvE in the slightest was to remove the trinket effect from Bestial Wrath and revert the readiness nerf.

Blame the balancing designers. It's obvious they don't know how to nerf things properly it seems.