Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    If a topic whining about PvE hurting PvP was posted under a PvE forum, it would have been locked within 15 minutes. I'm glad there is no double standards from the moderators here.

  2. #102
    Pit Lord DiscoGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Behind the Pillar
    Posts
    2,377
    how can you expect a positive reaction to this in a pvp forum. you might as well post trollface.jpg

    i could give the opposite argument but instead i could suggest completely separating mechanics for pve and pvp, which would be a much better advancement than just trying to pick fights on forums lol
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

    3DS FC: 0490-6077-6557
    Pokemon X/Y Dragon Type Friend Safari - Gabite/Noibat/Druddigon

  3. #103
    Moderator Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Nopkplease View Post
    If a topic whining about PvE hurting PvP was posted under a PvE forum, it would have been locked within 15 minutes. I'm glad there is no double standards from the moderators here.
    Sometimes I close threads immediately when they get posted because I know where it's going to go - and then I get in trouble for not letting people speak their minds. Usually I'm pretty ok with highly emotional threads until someone starts the ad hominem attacks, that's my line I guess.

    Edit: If you see something you consider over the line though, feel free to report it and we will review it - I skim through a lot of threads - sometimes I overlook things, that's what the report button is for
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-06-28 at 01:29 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    How is that a nerf exactly? You have more trinkets to choose from, being to lazy/refusing to gather them is something completely different than a nerf.
    It's a nerf, albeit an indirect one. People who have access to PvE gear who also PvP are able to outdo people who only PvP due to gear discrepancies other things being equal.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Wrong.

    Hunters have gotten buffs to compensate.

    So have locks.

    Locks will continue be exceptional in PvE. They will continue to have 3 rank 1 viable specs.

    Hunters will be for the most part more competitive in PvE (except SV aoe which wasn't a PvP nerf) while having MM ALSO be PvP viable now.

    Ergo you're wrong on all accounts OP.
    you obviously dont play the best hunter spec currently then, beastmastery. our rotation for a boss bull requires us to blow dps cd's one after the other, and readiness allows for a second run through of those cd's. think about it. that's 2 beastial wraths, 2 dire beasts, 4 kill commands (2 per BW), and 2 rapid fires after BW. thats what allows BM to even be competitive in the first place with other classes, is the burst. getting fudged in the bum because of the nerf is a terrible thing that's happening, and no, blizz DID NOT post what they are buffing yet. so, all in all, hunters are getting the shortest stick of their life in pve. MM, btw, is terrible. SV is good for sustained and aoe. today's lesson is over. your homework for tonight is to play all the hunter specs and fully understand the backlash of this nerf. good day sir.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbleino View Post
    you obviously dont play the best hunter spec currently then, beastmastery. our rotation for a boss bull requires us to blow dps cd's one after the other, and readiness allows for a second run through of those cd's. think about it. that's 2 beastial wraths, 2 dire beasts, 4 kill commands (2 per BW), and 2 rapid fires after BW. thats what allows BM to even be competitive in the first place with other classes, is the burst. getting fudged in the bum because of the nerf is a terrible thing that's happening, and no, blizz DID NOT post what they are buffing yet. so, all in all, hunters are getting the shortest stick of their life in pve. MM, btw, is terrible. SV is good for sustained and aoe. today's lesson is over. your homework for tonight is to play all the hunter specs and fully understand the backlash of this nerf. good day sir.

    You just let a puppy die, why? Because you are complaining about something that is not even live yet and is still being TESTED. There is several other classes that are low to mid-range, there always is going to be, sorry that it's your class right now. But they even said they are going to compensate for the nerfs to hunters. And classes get balanced all the time, even if there wasn't PVP to balance around too, it's something you have to learn to live with it's not and will never be a perfect game, it happens, learn to deal with it.

    Do you think rogues and warriors like to be so noncompetitive in PVP? No, we don't, but we don't go around screaming everyday how our class is doing the worst, we come up with changes to fix such things and know that we are eventually going to be buffed. PVP's lose their r1 titles because of balancing, and I think that's a bit more important due to there being such a low amount of people who are competitively heroic raiding for world first, and after world first what's more to really compete against? Other guilds on your server? If you are that dedicated to beating them you would realize that you currently aren't able to fill in the role of a dps that can handle the fight, not every class is meant to fit the role perfectly for a fight, why do you think top guilds stack classes on certain fights?
    I'll tear you apart...
    Once my hand heals,
    I'll rip you apart...
    Tear you to shreds...
    Rip you into tiny pieces...
    And eat you! - Eren Yaeger

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I still wonder.... is it NOT possible for Blizz to make separate spells for PvP/PvE?

    Other games have done this, why can't Blizz do it?
    They already do that with a lot of abilities.

    If anything, In recent times PvP has been more effected by Pve.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalyn View Post
    I'll take it one step further... I hate PvP and wish Blizzard would provide more separation between Pve and Pvp. Make Pvp viable in its own with Pvp pieces being viable in Pve and have Pve items worthless in Pvp so the two are seperate.

    And one more thing.
    Don't make me PvP for a Pve legendary. Don't force content where it is not wanted,
    Tell that to blizzard, whining about it to us won't accomplish much we don't care about pve. Blizzard makes all of the decision and really only takes player suggestions into account when their is sub lose or a new expansion not a whole lot either side can do.
    You're right except for 2 things.

    1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    And notice how PvE's have no PvP Power and thus can't do any damage, and have their item levels scaled down? No? Okay, stop moaning then.

    PvP Power isn't part of the itemisation limit on PvP gear, thus is perfectly okay for raiding (just lower item level, so it means you can do lower level tiers to get gear for higher ones - shocking, I know!).

    So PvP'ers have it better overall currently. You get to feel godly compared to us in PvP, while only being slightly behind the curve in PvE.
    and honor ilvl should be on par with lfr? and cp gear with normal raid and elite pvp gear with heroic raid gear? then pvp gear becomes to big of a issue for people who want to gear there alt.

  10. #110
    Im sick of of pve causing pvp buffs :S

  11. #111
    Scarab Lord Anjerith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The apotheosis of all Deserts
    Posts
    4,982
    I said this back when DR was introduced during the WotLK-era. But that is because that PvP change VERY MUCH worked against PvE with fights like Faction Champions.

    These days, while PvP changes may sting or make us angry, they have very little impact on gameplay in comparison to that one shakeup that newer players will never even know happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

  12. #112
    A proper seperation of PvP and PvE is something Blizzard should've implemented many years ago.... The game could've been so much better. Now it's just a mess beyond repair.

  13. #113
    Brewmaster Naztrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nagrand Arena
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    A proper seperation of PvP and PvE is something Blizzard should've implemented many years ago.... The game could've been so much better. Now it's just a mess beyond repair.
    One could only wish.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Usually I'm pretty ok with highly emotional threads until someone starts the ad hominem attacks, that's my line I guess.
    if i knew what an ad hominem attack was, i would totally do it just to get this thread closed. .

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  15. #115
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Huuga View Post
    by addin a +10 second duration to IW? no that does NOT compensate for the 50% damage burst reduction..No one cares for IW now.. most people are stuck with invocation and RoP now(for certain situations).. And please, deep freeze was changed because of those petty paladins who were almost one shotted while bubbled..This along with other classes who rarely, yes but suffered from the DF burst when using their survival cooldowns and trinkets..
    THATS THE WHOLE DAMN IRONIC POINT! "quite dumb" : deep freeze was very rarely able to deal damage to players yet still the players complained about getting pwned once in a while which led to the ultimate nerf of DF..
    Not that anyone really uses it, but flameglow was ALSO nerfed by 50% since rogues complained about not being able to do much damage to mages, as rogues primarily generate small numbers, at a higher rate..
    What... you can't take damage while bubbled... What are you even talking about? It wasn't ever able to deal damage to players. They had to be PERMANENTLY immune to stuns (raid bosses/pve).

    IW was a burst nerf... welcome to MOP. The PVE dps is the same/similar, though... which was my point.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    You just let a puppy die, why? Because you are complaining about something that is not even live yet and is still being TESTED. There is several other classes that are low to mid-range, there always is going to be, sorry that it's your class right now. But they even said they are going to compensate for the nerfs to hunters. And classes get balanced all the time, even if there wasn't PVP to balance around too, it's something you have to learn to live with it's not and will never be a perfect game, it happens, learn to deal with it.

    Do you think rogues and warriors like to be so noncompetitive in PVP? No, we don't, but we don't go around screaming everyday how our class is doing the worst, we come up with changes to fix such things and know that we are eventually going to be buffed. PVP's lose their r1 titles because of balancing, and I think that's a bit more important due to there being such a low amount of people who are competitively heroic raiding for world first, and after world first what's more to really compete against? Other guilds on your server? If you are that dedicated to beating them you would realize that you currently aren't able to fill in the role of a dps that can handle the fight, not every class is meant to fit the role perfectly for a fight, why do you think top guilds stack classes on certain fights?
    All I'm saying is, that hunters have been getting the short end of the stick for awhile because of pvp. we have a ton of utility, and i like that. what i dont like, is getting my core abilities messed with, just like any other class. remember when blizz nerfd that warrior talent, Avatar? there was some massive backlash for that. and have you seen what kind of dmg rogues do? the issue with them is that their specs are super homogenized. on top of that, rogues are super viable for pvp. why? stun, stun, stun, stun, stun, stun Vanish! stealth... stun, stun, stun, stun! they have a ton of cc that allows them to control their opponents, not limited to stuns of course. that was just an example. in the end, blizz has nerfed 2 major abilities for hunters, stampede recently, and now readiness. now a buff is coming, i just hope is a very substantial buff. love you all in the most heterosexual way, stay classy san diego.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Wrong.

    Hunters have gotten buffs to compensate.

    So have locks.

    Locks will continue be exceptional in PvE. They will continue to have 3 rank 1 viable specs.

    Hunters will be for the most part more competitive in PvE (except SV aoe which wasn't a PvP nerf) while having MM ALSO be PvP viable now.

    Ergo you're wrong on all accounts OP.
    Destro? R1 viable? I was unaware R1 glads didn't know how to counter Chaos Bolt during cds.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

  18. #118
    I hate shitty pve people coming into pvp with next to no pvp gear but in pve gear calling other pvpers with much higher rating than them a scrub and to l2p when all they do is honor farm not knowing wtf they are doing.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz | G.Skill DDR3 1800MHz @ 2133MHz @ 10-11-10-28 1T 8GB | Asus P8P67 v3.1 | GTX 780 | Corsair HX650 |Dell U2412M IPS 24" LCD | Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSD SATA III| Mushkin Chronos 480GB SSD SATA III (Games) | Creative X-Fi Soundcard | Windows 7 Professional x64

  19. #119
    Banned Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    5,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    Destro? R1 viable? I was unaware R1 glads didn't know how to counter Chaos Bolt during cds.
    It does seem you are unaware how R1 glad locks can use things like CC, positioning and teamwork to cover their casts.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    It does seem you are unaware how R1 glad locks can use things like CC, positioning and teamwork to cover their casts.
    You keep telling yourself that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •