Dark Animus Addon or WA or something?

Is there any way to show which direction the person with matter swap is? I'm soaking swaps and I have an issue finding the matter swap target and passing the tanks on that side.

Can this be done in a weakaura or something or is there an addon for it?

Would it not be better to always have people with matter swap go to a specific location, rather than having the dispeller running about all willy nilly trying to find them?

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Would it not be better to always have people with matter swap go to a specific location, rather than having the dispeller running about all willy nilly trying to find them?
    I'm the soaker, not dispeller.

Think we have anyone capable of dispelling dispelling, so people sit where they are and it's my job (or the other warlock's job) to be the farthest away.

I'd recommend always having either a warlock or monk staying at max range so they can just use their portals or self teleports to instantly return to max range. This way its always the same person you need to keep topped up, and whomever got the matter swap knows who they're switching with.

Quote Originally Posted by kaerthon View Post
    I'd recommend always having either a warlock or monk staying at max range so they can just use their portals or self teleports to instantly return to max range. This way its always the same person you need to keep topped up, and whomever got the matter swap knows who they're switching with.
    Not getting what I'm saying.

I AM trying to be max range, but I need to move to be farthest from the people closer to me. I can tell who has it, but it isn't immediately clear where they are. I want an indicator (like the direction arrows that pop up on some stack mechanics like Unseen Strike) to show which way the person with matter swap on them is.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post

I AM trying to be max range, but I need to move to be farthest from the people closer to me. I can tell who has it, but it isn't immediately clear where they are. I want an indicator (like the direction arrows that pop up on some stack mechanics like Unseen Strike) to show which way the person with matter swap on them is.
    and what we are trying to tell you is there are better ways to handle the swap that makes what you are asking for moot.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Don't think there is one, never needed it tbh, have your raid in the same place all the time instead of running around willy nilly and only moving to avoid the splash damage then moving back, then have yourself further away then either tank

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    and what we are trying to tell you is there are better ways to handle the swap that makes what you are asking for moot.
    But there are matter swaps about 20 sec in. People still have adds at that point and are spread around the room in sort of a circle.

After we get most adds dealt with, we do move slightly closer.

Deleted
    But there are matter swaps about 20 sec in. People still have adds at that point and are spread around the room in sort of a circle.

After we get most adds dealt with, we do move slightly closer.
    The matter swaps are abilities from the Massive Golems. Try delaying activating the Massive Golem?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is there any way to show which direction the person with matter swap is? I'm soaking swaps and I have an issue finding the matter swap target and passing the tanks on that side.

Can this be done in a weakaura or something or is there an addon for it?
    I highly doubt anyone has coded this but it's doable.

You'd have to do a custom animation function that gets your position and the position of the other person, calculate the angle with trigonometry, then sets the orientation of an arrow texture. You might see if there's a way you can set the person as a tomtom waypoint and update their location every second. (Every frame might be excessive.) Then you don't have to worry about making the arrow point the right way, which would be the hardest part unless you happen to be rather good at trig and understand lua's math library.

Another thing that might be useful is to set the minimap to rotate, focus them, and turn on tracking the Focus Target. I do this all the time to keep up with where a particular person is. But I don't think you can't automate making them your focus. Bet shot might be trying to feed their coordinates to TomTom. GetPlayerPosition("unit") in a custom trigger calling TomTom would be the way to go. Just maybe save a GetTime() and only call TomTom if it's at least a second has passed. Just send "/way x y description" through the chat frame. It's ugly, but that should work even with a "TomTom compatible" addon that takes /way commands.