Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It really is just that bad, but if you have tailoring by your side, in the end it will all work out. You can also use wow-professions.com for an easy leveling guide.

I'm leveling enchanting right now and tbh most of it is very easy (I went through whole TBC part without using 1 single Arcane Dust due to Essences being almost free on my realm) but Cataclysm part is killing me. At 455 skill atm, no idea how I will get the rest of Hypnotic dusts I need other than farming mats for Jasper rings to DE and possibly Embersilk cloth but from what I hear they've nerfed the Deepholm spot for farming that so... eh. Fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    I'm leveling enchanting right now and tbh most of it is very easy (I went through whole TBC part without using 1 single Arcane Dust due to Essences being almost free on my realm) but Cataclysm part is killing me. At 455 skill atm, no idea how I will get the rest of Hypnotic dusts I need other than farming mats for Jasper rings to DE and possibly Embersilk cloth but from what I hear they've nerfed the Deepholm spot for farming that so... eh. Fun.
    As for cata mats you can run Blackrock Caverns for greens and then DE them. You can quickly cap 5 dungeon per hour and it's probably the most efficient way. You could try Needlerock ( or something like that ,located in Deepholm) or Verlock Stand but as you said that spot is nerfed. I would not suggest you to buy greens of AH since most of them are high priced since they are used as entry gear for cata content. Also Hypnotic dust is still very sought after since the demand for Embersilk bags is still very high.
    If you don't want to farm you could try with rings but i find ore too expensive on my realm.

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relix View Post
    I've decided to go Enchanting/Tailoring. Didn't really want tailoring necessarily, but I don't have one yet and it's making it easier as they level fairly close together.
    Don't even need to keep Tailoring if you don't want it. It's only needed till you clear Cata content (hypnotic dust), so up to 500. Once you get to 500 Enchanting you can simply buy the current mats off of the AH for reasonable prices and level to 600 from there.

Tailoring is not very useful for Healers (as you can't control the INT cloak proc or you have to settle for a meh Spirit proc), nor for melee or tanks ( since the cloak proc is a rather meh attackpower + you have no use from the free leg enchants), so switching it out for Alchemy is perfectly reasonable.

I've levelled enchanting several times and the choke point was always Illusion Dust. I eventually figured out that running level 60 raids (AQ/MC) nets enough of the stuff to get you through.

Most professions have a choke point where mats are either super expensive or simply not available - in Alchemy it's Goldthorn. But choke points only really exist if you're trying to level up using trainer-taught recipes. It's surprising how much easier a profession is to level if you take five minutes to research what vendor-bought recipes are available, and often you can find them on the AH for only a few gold more than the vendor sells them for. A small investment in this regard can save you a lot of time/effort trying to follow trainer-taught recipes. Also, avoid power levelling guides as good sellers know about these and will price the relevant mats accordingly.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoddie View Post
    I've levelled enchanting several times and the choke point was always Illusion Dust. I eventually figured out that running level 60 raids (AQ/MC) nets enough of the stuff to get you through.
    its much easier to level up enchanting without illusion dust.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=16217#teaches-recipe is king between 265 and 300.

Deleted
    If you get the addons TradeSkillMaster and TradeSkillMaster_Shopping, you can search the auction house for items by enchanting material, so E.G you search for items to DE into illusion dust, it will list all the greens you can buy to DE, how much each dust will cost you if you buy that item, it can save you a lot of gold if you don't know what to buy. Often you can find gear cheaper than the enchanting mats, to disenchant.

I leveled my enchanting like within 1 hour, at the cost of 1-2k gold, cant remember the excact amount. But i was suprised how easy and cheap it was nowadays.

Just google: enchanting guide

Also, you can use Potion of Treasure Finding once you get to Cata level enchants while farming the troggs in Deepholm. Tons of cloth and green drops.

Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    its much easier to level up enchanting without illusion dust.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=16217#teaches-recipe is king between 265 and 300.
    ^^ Very useful tip this. It got me through that horrid section of levelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enchanting is ok. But I remember the pain I experienced when I leveled jewelcrafting back in BC. IT WAS PAIN!
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

10+ Year Old Account
    Enchanting is easy to level. just do quests for greens/buy mats/run dungeons old dungeons/buy the greens. Wont take u that long. Enchanting makes me the most gold out of them all. I make all the profitable scrolls and post them on my dead servers ah. I dont even recheck them and just come back 24 hours later and i usually still make around 5k gold a day in 5 mins.

Definitely doing the right thing with leveling tailoring to go along with it.

For Wrath mats, I would recommend running Naxx, even if you need to bring a friend or two along. Cleared it this week on my main and came out with 15-20 greens; had I brought my lock (tailor/enchanter), I probably would've gotten triple the cloth and all the drops turned to crystals (then shattered if need be).

Considering that enchanting in 5.4 will allow the use of all enchants (scaled down for twink) for boa gear. I see double profit in this:
    1. Twinks can have the scaled down version of say Jade Spirit
    2. Max lvl can use these enchant their gear

I can see alot of uses out of enchanting and selling coming up that will make a ton of gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling up enchanting while leveling up a character from questing is generally a pretty good way to do it. You might have to fork out some extra gold for mats to keep at the right enchanting level, but you should get a lot of green quest items to DE.

Whenever I level up a new character, I get two professions and keep them at par with my character level (Assuming one is a gathering profession). Then you can use the materials you find while leveling. It's an efficient use of time.

Jewelcraft is now the worst to level IMO. 75 to 500 is pretty terrible.

Enchanting is quite slow, too, though. Depends on AH availability. Buy the mats you need when they're low, buy green items if cheaper than mats and sell the leftovers as you get new recipes. If you keep up with it as you level (and get drops yourself to supplement) it isn't too bad to keep up.
    Last edited by lettuce; 2013-07-05 at 08:43 PM.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My suggestion would be to do a paid character transfer to the realm your main is on with your enchanter.That way, you don't have to re-level enchanting.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Jewelcrafting is stupid, especially as you get to the expansion breakpoints: 375, 450, 525 are terrible because of the Jewelcrafting dailies they put in for patterns. From 480-500 you literally have only one trainer pattern (nightstone choker) that gives skill ups. On my server, nightstone costs 10x other cats green gems cost for this fact alone.

Deleted
    you can use the wintergrasp patterns instead of the dailies. they cost 38 honor.grinding nightstone is pretty annoying though.
    Last edited by mmocaba1459261; 2013-07-06 at 12:57 PM.

Something I noticed about Deepholm Trogg farming - if you are the only one doing it, it's quite ok. I did it with a destro warlock (so Mannoroth's Fury + Rain of Fire + Fire and Brimstone) and in about an hour I got enough cloth (as a non-tailor with the potion of treasure finding) to level past Cata enchanting.
    By the way for WotLK part make sure to check AH for Abyss crystals for shattering, people tend to post them cheap now that everyone is farming old raids for transmogs. Also (I haven't used this now but I think it still works) pvp epic off-hands/shields cost around 200 honor, from wotlk, and they are disenchantable.