Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    You didn't derail this thread at all Ripox. I wanted to know more about the subject and I've learned a lot because of the discussion that's been going on. And I want to thank everyone for that.
    Now, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to buy the 3570k, but I'm not 100% sure about the motherboard.

What would you guys advice regarding the motherboard?
    I've read that the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H only has slots for 3 case fans and the CPU cooler, which is on the low side imo. The Fractal case comes with 2 onboard case fans and has room to build in another 4 (not a huge fan of overheating comps either, so yeah, would like to build in as many as needed).

I'm a complete noob when it comes down to motherboards and so my question is would be, is there a motherboard that would allow me to make full use of the fan slots that are available on the Fractal case without giving up the potential to overclock as simply as with the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's really no point of stuffing a Fractal case with more than ~3-4 fans, I can't see any possibility of your build overheating with that case and a GTX760 lol. The Scythe cooler is also pretty good.

The ASRock Z77 Pro3 I recommended has 2x(CPU) + 2x(CHA) + 1x(Power) so 5 in total Gigabyte Z77 D3H has 4 in total, both have plenty. Also you don't actually need to connect fans into the mobo and can hook them up directly to the PSU, that's what you should be doing with the 2x fans that come in the case. It also looks tidier.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze