How many points of pvp power = 1 int now for affliction?

I know it's not worth gemming for at all anymore. But I'm still curious how valuable/useless it is for aff. I've heard for mages it's 3 pvp power = 1 int. But how about affliction locks?

I don't think there are any set values but afflocks who gem offensively (most everyone now) use mastery gemming for affliction with int behind mastery. PVP power just doesn't keep pace in terms of gemming but I'm not sure there is a statistical analysis of it. That said, I would be really curious if there was but that's ALOT of testing and Q/A with a decent margin of error.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's about 2.8 pow - 1 int. Pretty much the same as mages, just slightly better due having more selfhealing.

I did some testing on an individual DoT (tested UA/Corr/Agony). 1 PvP Power was worth a .07 DPS increase and 1 Int was worth a .2 DPS increase. Niberson seems to be spot on, it's around 2.8-2.9 PvP Power Per 1 Int.

Your best bet is pure mastery(int/mast, mast, mast/hit), good for multi dot. Since MG is so hard to spam it lowers haste value substantialy.

As forsworn said you just don't get to cast MG vs 99% of teams since its so easy to sit an afflock and shut them down (with all their dmg and CC in one spell school). Thus haste is only good for fear casts or break points (which matter quite a bit less in pvp due to irregular renewal/dispels/etc).

At the values discussed its pretty clear pvp power is NOT the way to go for gemming. I might use a 4pc and a 5th slot put in a pve piece, maybe swap in some pve offpieces if the itemization is great. Weapons I'd be curious to compare say a suen staff to the pvp counterpart but can't do that on my phone atm lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't even bother considering a PvE weapon over a PvP weapon. Even a fully augmented Loshan (Which is by far the best choice if you actually want to use a PvE weapon for some reason) is not going to be able to compete with the massive PvP Power bonus on PvP weapons.

When I have a shaman or pally with me I'm at 91.08% mastery (I'm human so running two pve trinkets, no reforge to mastery on either of them since their primary stats are both INT).

I run 80 int / 160 mastery gems in all red sockets (except for legs), 80 int and 160 mastery gems in all blue sockets (except for legs) and 320 mastery gems in all yellow sockets. I run two 320 mastery gems on my legs because the 120 pvp power socket bonus isnt really worth losing 320 mastery for in my opinion.

I've been wanting to get the Breath of the Hydra to replace my Shadow Pan trinket with so I can reforge some of the haste into more mastery, but It hasn't dropped for me yet and I've missed the past few weeks due to not having to patience to deal with all the idiots in raid finder wiping multiple times to trash every time I run it.

I'm pretty damn excited right now because Holinka confirmed on Twitter today that they are still planning on moving some damage from MG back into our dots.

Thx Niberion, took a moment to napkin math it. As for the PVP power on say a pvp staff vs a scaled 496 Suen staff you would have about roughly 2K int equivalence from the pvp power so if other stats are equal its a pretty big lead. Yeah the extra sockets help but not by 2K int worth.

Do we know for sure if pvp power is a linear gain or there is a curve like arpen used to be?