Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Templar Verdict damage is not stable?

Hey everyone, just wanna say is it only me or TV dmg is not stable and not constant? I mean with 4th bonus of tier 15 in raids 25 bosses sometimes I see this sweet critc number of single critc TV for over 750k+ one hit...and sometimes barely 200k+ I mean I know the fact maybe I get sometimes lucky critc and mastery scaling or the 40% chance of being full holy damage but come on 500k dmg difference is just too much.

I'm only expert with retri is there any class that has similar situation as ret? that their best single target attack dmg is kinda unstable and RNG related in term of dmg?

Thanks for reading and discuss please.

I have no idea, barely watch the numbers as i only pvp.

But couldnt it have something to do with procs/buffs aligned with the stars and some boss buff at that time ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    I have no idea, barely watch the numbers as i only pvp.

But couldnt it have something to do with procs/buffs aligned with the stars and some boss buff at that time ?
    Yes that's true but still I was expecting difference in number 100k or 200k but from almost TV 800k dmg to sometimes barely 200k TV sometimes 180k TV as well is just huge difference.

TV hits like a wet noodle without Holy TV. It's really a shitty finishing move.

Consider that a holy Templar's Verdict proc will do almost twice as much damage as a physical Templar's Verdict.

That's not counting crits and procs. For instance with Exorcism debuff alone, holy TV is over twice as much as physical TV.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-06-28 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Consider that a holy Templar's Verdict proc will do almost twice as much damage as a physical Templar's Verdict.

That's not counting crits and procs. For instance with Exorcism debuff alone, holy TV is over twice as much as physical TV.
    Not to mention Inquisition.

You've also got 3 very substantial Stren procs which are more than doubling your AP when they all line up, thats the main thing that causes such a difference

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    You've also got 3 very substantial Stren procs which are more than doubling your AP when they all line up, thats the main thing that causes such a difference
    Not really. On live with no trinkets equipped and dancing steel clicked off I hit a holy TV for 161k, and then a non-holy TV for 96k(which is on the high end), both non-crit, and then a Holy TV for 360k crit, and a non-holy for 166k crit. That's a fair difference. That's one of the reasons losing this 4pce is going to be so difficult to do.
    Last edited by Revvo; 2013-06-28 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Not to mention Inquisition.
    I counted Inquisition in that

Basically considering Ji-Kun's trinket, critical hits, stuff like strength pot/trinkets/dancing steel, exo debuff, and holy proc, I'm not surprised that TV can go from less than 100k non-crit to over 800k crit.

Deleted
    I've read someone on here critting it for over 1M with all stars aligned and a 549 weapon on a non-gimmick boss. this can get ridiculous really fast.

I really need to work on getting my own 4P, even if it means losing some 522/524 items.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I counted Inquisition in that

Basically considering Ji-Kun's trinket, critical hits, stuff like strength pot/trinkets/dancing steel, exo debuff, and holy proc, I'm not surprised that TV can go from less than 100k non-crit to over 800k crit.
    And crit banner!

EDIT: Since I'm bored enough, I've been just sitting here trying to see how high I can get my TVs self buffed, and so far my record is 583,733k crit, 315,711 non-crit, but my kings had fallen off because I'm tired . That was with GoAK, Wings, Holy TV, Synapse Springs, and 10 stack of feather.
    Last edited by Revvo; 2013-06-28 at 12:54 PM.

Not really. On live with no trinkets equipped and dancing steel clicked off I hit a holy TV for 161k, and then a non-holy TV for 96k(which is on the high end), both non-crit, and then a Holy TV for 360k crit, and a non-holy for 166k crit. That's a fair difference. That's one of the reasons losing this 4pce is going to be so difficult to do.
    You've got something like 48k AP gained from all 3 of them pre-buffs, I'd say thats a fairly substantial increase worthy of note

EDIT: Since I'm bored enough, I've been just sitting here trying to see how high I can get my TVs self buffed, and so far my record is 583,733k crit, 315,711 non-crit, but my kings had fallen off because I'm tired . That was with GoAK, Wings, Holy TV, Synapse Springs, and 10 stack of feather.
    Before I found something to do, I was going to see how big of an Execution Sentence I could do with some mechanics, namely the Bear and Lady Fair that just dropped from my scenarios.

On my kill with piss poor execution/timing I got a ~1 million final TICK with something like 2.5 million total damage. I'm thinking with actual good play and flask perhaps, 4 million is possible.

40% of a "Rank 7" boss in 1 GCD? I'll take it.

Ehm, this might sound weird. But eh, i've never heard of a holy tv ?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    Ehm, this might sound weird. But eh, i've never heard of a holy tv ?
    4 piece ret, 40% chance to make your next TV Holy damage

Deleted
    Keep in mind that your weapon does like (example) 40k-60k weapon damage, so the templar's verdict will vary

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    BTW is the 4 set so good that its better to use rf 502 over 535 off peices which have haste? (main spec is holy so :P)

The 2pc bonus would roughly break even with the stat difference on two pieces, especially weaker pieces like gloves and shoulders. And the 4pc is more than twice as strong as the 2pc, so I would say yes, even if you're replacing four heroic non-set pieces with LFR tier, it's worth it. You'll probably see 4-5% increase in overall damage.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    4 piece ret, 40% chance to make your next TV Holy damage
    Ah, i see.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mine has hit for 450k crit and sometimes not break 200k and this is with the exo buff.
    You cared enough to post.