Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they failed miserably with Deathwing in Cata, he had huge potential and they ruined him. I often feel like they just stopped trying with Cata after T11.

He's still my fav lore character pre-Cata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Yeah they failed miserably with Deathwing in Cata, he had huge potential and they ruined him. I often feel like they just stopped trying with Cata after T11.

He's still my fav lore character pre-Cata.
    I liked Cataclysm a lot as expansion.
    Awesome zones, awesome gear designs, awesome raids, but DeathWing itself was badly developed in Cataclysm.

Well, Illidan and LK don't really have it better. It's the fate of all villians in Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Ugh, it depresses me with how poor the writing and overall concept of Deathwings storyline in cata was. He was a lore character with MASSIVE potential. He was conflicted and maddened, but still cunning and brutal. I think it would have been amazing to have seen some of Deathwings good sides in the midst of his insanity and evil. Just brief moments where we saw that he still had a heart.

I think if blizzard went down that route, killing Deathwing would have been so much more emotionally painful for the player, which I think is a GOOD thing for games. I'd feel horrible having to fight Deathwing in the end, having to put down something so great and powerful, yet capable of so much good? Someone who in the end became a hazard to themselves? That would be tough imo.

Anyone else think Deathwing suffered a terrible storyline and deserved a better death?
    I would have changed two things.

1. Have Deathwing still pursuing his own goals but being manipulated by the old gods without being aware he was doing their will, and only completely losing it during the Madness of Deathwing encounter.

2. Change the mechanics of this boss fight. I love the location, love the idea of his twisted form rising from the Maelstrom, but the fight was just a disappointment mechanics wise.

I think they tried to correct to much from WoTLK where we run into Arthas quite often. After awhile, a lot of those quests in WoTLK seemed to have a "Scooby Doo" type ending where Arthas would appear and be all "damn you crazy kids for ruining my plans" or something similar. I think they tried to back away from that during Cata, but what they really should have done was rather than have us spoiling his plans, make quest turn ins show that we were actually helping him by revealing it later. It would have prevented the WoTLK scenario but still kept Deathwing engaged in the expansion.

uhm, did any of you do the "red dragonflight" section of Twilight Highlands?? there was a HUGE bit with DW and Alexstraszsa....

www dot wowhead dot com slash quest=28758 is the penultimate quest, really. (apparently, I haven't posted enough. >.>)