Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Why are Alliance so much worse than Horde in PvP?

Do people not care? Is it just my experience Alliance side? Is it the same on Horde side? I lose 80% of the BGs I enter even though I do everything I can to make the objectives for a victory usually top 3-5 in Damage and Objectives met (Flags Returned etc). I just did an EotS where we lost 600/1600 and the entire team was sitting in mid fighting over the flag, while 2 Ret Paladins Horde side sat at Draenei Ruins unopposed, literally only TWO people.

WHY? I just don't understand it, I feel like I need to faction change at this point to even enjoy Battlegrounds.

If you transpose Horde and Alliance in the title, I completely agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Is it the Battlegroup perhaps? I'm on Laughing Skull which I think is Vindication? Could be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that's a good one....
    And I hear/see Horde players bitching and crying every day how much the horde sucks in BG's.

Point of fact. It's anecdotal. If you got a bad streak, you just got a bad streak.

---------- Post added 2013-06-26 at 11:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sebsmash View Post
    Is it the Battlegroup perhaps? I'm on Laughing Skull which I think is Vindication? Could be wrong.
    Battlegroups don't exist in random BGs anymore. Only for rated and Arena they are still used.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Do people not care? Is it just my experience Alliance side? Is it the same on Horde side? I lose 80% of the BGs I enter even though I do everything I can to make the objectives for a victory usually top 3-5 in Damage and Objectives met (Flags Returned etc). I just did an EotS where we lost 600/1600 and the entire team was sitting in mid fighting over the flag, while 2 Ret Paladins Horde side sat at Draenei Ruins unopposed, literally only TWO people.

WHY? I just don't understand it, I feel like I need to faction change at this point to even enjoy Battlegrounds.
    horde que times are 6-10 min bro, meanwhile ally gets instant.

So do you think it's just that Alliance has an influx of noobs? They want to be a human or night elf so they roll Alliance? My ques are a minute or so, most times instant this is true. So there are no battlegroups for bgs anymore? What determines what realms go where? Nothing?

10+ Year Old Account
    So do you think it's just that Alliance has an influx of noobs? They want to be a human or night elf so they roll Alliance? My ques are a minute or so, most times instant this is true. So there are no battlegroups for bgs anymore? What determines what realms go where? Nothing?
    Correct, nothing.. First come, first serve.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Maybe its the war like culture of the horde that attracts pvp minded individuals. On top of that, I know horde used to be perceived as the best in pvp, so those who also wanted to be the best would have went there.

On a side note, BGs are like banging your head against a wall on both factions most of the time.

Well shit, I have been out of the loop for a long time. I came back to WoW and everything has been overhauled, in quite the braindead fashion. I guess I'll have to see RBG or just pure Arena PvP. I miss Battlegrounds being a place to shine as a group.

i'm on thunderlord (vindication) ally. losing 75%-80% of the time is my observation as well. last xpac i remember counting the losses. i'd get streaks of 20+ easily. always go in as heals and end up top 1 or 2 healing (usually top 1). the only time we win is if i go with 3-4 or more guildies that can run outside of whatever the others are doing.

Horde says / does the same thing. Its your luck, plain and simple.

BGs have been cross-battlegroup since some time in Cata IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Here is what I think, I think that horde has more real players than alliance. Dont need to play bgs anymore but when I do all I see it bots everywhere on the alliance side. Ban them already..

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't seem to matter what faction I play on there are times when the other team has their shit together and mine doesn't. I have heard both sides complain that other faction is better in PvP.

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

Deleted
    The problem really is that random BG tool can't see who has skills and who does not. I wonder what would it be if players in random bg queue had a match making rating as well. That would probably make BGs more interesting. The individuals who have skill, will end up in teams with higher match making rating. Those who just can't win match, would end up with team that hasn't won a match either and there for we would have more even matches and more even chance at winning.

Dunno, but I think Alliance isn't worse than Horde and vice versa. It's probably sheer luck what you end up with right now. At least with the resilience changes opposite side doesn't overgear you that easily if your team mates have pve gear.

I'm not sure why bad players and AFKers are forced to join BGs. I mean, why join a BG if you're just going to AFK, what's the fun in that?

you should do IOC and AV
    Alliance wins there 95% of the time!!

Having played both alliance (mostly) and horde (occasionally), I've noticed a few things over the years.

1-the horde tend to have more healers than alliance and protect and peel for them a lot better than Alliance does.
    2-the horde cues are 6-8 mins long while alliance is <2mins long.
    3-the horde lose AV and IOC about 80% of the time.
    4-the alliance lose SSM and TOK about 1/3rd of the time.
    5-the alliance tend to focus on BG objectives very well, but they don't focus the same target - opposite case for the horde.
    6-if/when the alliance falls behind in a bg, especially in the 1st 3-5mins, they tend to give up
    7-sometimes you find yourself clustered with a group of bots for several bgs in a row on both sides.
    8-the alliance tend to be showoffs and less team orientated.
    9-healers are absolutely crucial in WSG, TP and TOK if you find yourself w/2 less healers or No healer vs. 1healer - it is a recipe for a loss about 90% of the time. If you fall behind in AB, EOTS, DWG or BFG out of the gate and find yourself in the same predicament - down 2 healers or more, you will lose about 75% of the time.
    10-at least 1/3 of the time, especially on the alliance side, you find yourself thrown into a losing BG already in progress. This greatly pads the stats and makes the losing seem to be a lot worse than it is.

None of what I say is a precise science. It is simply my experience and I do have quite a bit of experience in the matter.

Deleted
    I never won any temple of kotmogu as alliance in a random bg and only once in a rated bg with my guild. Dunno wtf is wrong with that bg, maybe it has some stealth buff for horde or something.

Deleted
    both my horde and alliance characters have similar win rates, don't just assume alliance lose all the time, maybe its just you being bad.

Alliance = bad
    Horde = too many afks

Generally I find it extremely stupid to play my Alliance chars, half the time I have 20 healers by my side and we just struggle to kill anything even though I don't die, in places like WSG it's just a pain stalemate and there are times people are stupid enough to not stay with the flag carrier and lose the flag in the end.

Until they remove heal/tank spec from random bg, Horde will always have the advantage, unless you happen to bump into 9 other perfectly good Alliance players, which only happens 1 in 10 matches.