Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not nearly. This goes well beyond any legendary skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys must be tired of me defending the skin by now, but I though of more things at work today.

A few arguments are "He's unpopular, why is he getting a skin." And season 1 and early season 2, Udyr was one of the best junglers in the game. Most jungle mains played him. He also had the bonus of being one of the few champions who could jungle at low levels. Personally, he was my first jungler. Taking this fact of how popular he was before, I don't think he is unpopular now, just underplayed. He suffers from the mobility creep that effects Trundle, Nasus, and many other older champions.

Deleted
    It's not mobility creep, it's lack of risk.

Everyone is like "oh god, gap closers, easymode", but unlike "I run fast at you", committing to that single move with cooldown makes most modern champions much easier to kite and even harder to play.

With clever usage of CC or knockbacks/escapes, it's pretty much free 5-8 second when the gap closer is down.
    If you do this to Udyr, he will power up again and still outrun you, there is little place for balance here, because he either always connects which is retarded, or you can kite him forever which is not much better.

The only mobility creep in the game is retarded Thresh and Zac.

The thing is, Udyr has four forms. So instead of spending x amount of time creating that one skin, they had to kind of create 4.

Even then (as someone has already mentioned), it looks nothing better than a legendary skin. His upgrades are extremely lackluster.

At the end of the day it's a really nice skin, and my expectations were really, REALLY high (but I'm not going to say that they were too high), but Riot can't seriously be trying to sell this for $25.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I think Riot made a terrible decision by doing a champion I don't like. But then, I *might* be biased on that.
    I agree. WHERE ARE THE NIDALEE/NAMI ULTIMATE SKINS?!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Draven went Super saiyan. I'm quite impressed.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it fits Udyr, the artwork is very good and the model quality is superior compared to the standard skin now :P. Coupled with the fact that it's coming out at a reduced price for the first few days I think I'll go for it as well!

Deleted
    First of all I am super biased because I hate having Udyr on my team/playing Udyr

Looks pretty cool, I dont think its a complete "re imagination" of a champion which the epic skin is supposed to be... Maybe I'm wrong there!
    Wont buy.... But appreciate all the effort that goes into making skins that evolve with each level (Kha'zix cough cough)

Deleted
    I just know that they could have done the rank 5 upgrades interesting(note: they aren't interesting as is). The rest is pretty okay/cool.

What I like the most is the attack animations of all stances. They should have also put a difference attack animation for when he crits like many new champions have been getting, small detail but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Im almost positive they just took the WoW pheonix model and shopped it onto him. The Tiger looks really weird as well. Other than that its alright.

Also £25 for a skin, I mean they arent even trying to hide their scamming anymore.
    Yes, WoW is the only place that has the fairly typical image of a pheonix so they must have stolen it from WoW. As to "scamming" how is a price on something that is "COMPLETELY OPTIONAL" scamming? Seriously, grow up a little.

Not too bad, it's okay in my opinion.

Is it just me, or does the Phoenix spirit look exactly like Al'ar?

If you take into consideration that Al'ar looks pretty much like every other phoenix ever, then yes, it does.

I thought the skin was pretty underwhelming at first, until i realised that the models actually evolve >_< Now its probably one of the coolest (if not the coolest) looking skin in lol. I really like playing udyr, so i will probably buy it on the first day. And mother of god i instantly fell in love with the phoenix stance spinning attack animation.

Deleted
    It looks kinda boring in a showoff video, but I'm pretty sure it's cooler in-game with an Udyr actually constantly changing stances etc.

Was his call outs for champions removed? I watched his new videos on their site when it was first made. I watched them again last night and some of his call outs were gone.

Tiger Stance vs Nidalee: A cougar is no match for a Tiger
    Bear Stance vs Voli: Lets teach this northern bear a lesson. Also a general call out wasn't there: You can't out run the bear
    Phoenix Stance vs Anivia: Thaw the Cryo-Phoenix
    Turtle Stance vs Rammus: Let's see whose shell cracks first.

I loved these call outs when I saw them, but now they aren't in the videos.

Sad thing for me and this skin, Udyr is one of my fave champions from season 2, now every ones playing him cause of the skin. Now when I queue with him I see this in chat "another person playing udyr cause of the new skin". I hate that.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were temporarily removed, because they diverted attention from the rest of his skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    They were temporarily removed, because they diverted attention from the rest of his skin.
    I just found the post on it. They require additional QA. They will be back. Still happy, still buying the skin the moment it's activated.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Well, might be that they were some bugs with the triggers for the lines. QA isn't just "3% more baritone or feed!".