Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    The problem you point out is not the talent "content" but the fact there is not a sense of progression. That is the only good thing from the previous talent systems. I miss too that lil' unlocking part every time I level up but going back to the old talent system would not be a good idea. We just need another kind of progression.
    About that progression feeling .. That makes me think ... Blizzard should do a MOBA style side-talent tree. For PVP as an example : everytime you kill a target that gives honor, you gain 1 point. Each 5 points, you can temporarly buy a new talent. And whenever you die, these talents are reset. Would spice up the pvp game a lot.

I'm sure something in the same vein can be worked for PvE.

Think I've mentioned this before, but it bears repeating due to how horrible they are.

The level 90 Mage talents. Seriously, fuck them.

The original incarnation of Dark Intent, that meant for a Shadow Priest or Warlock to be able to perform their best, both had to be present. And that best is what both classes ended up being balanced around.

vanilla wow - reduce cast time on arcane explosion

increase wand damage

and the entire vanilla wow hunter survival tree.
    Too cool for a signature

Vanilla Ret Paladin talent tree.Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Aspect of the Beast. All it did was made you not appear in other huntards' radar if they were using Track Humanoid.

hah, forgot about this. don't think i ever used it, and hunter was my main from classic to mop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Think I've mentioned this before, but it bears repeating due to how horrible they are.

The level 90 Mage talents. Seriously, fuck them.

they've actually put me off playing my mage. you have to take one of them, and they all just suck. either nerf my mana regen so i have to cast evocation every minute, or put a thing on the floor which i have to stand on for it to be any benefit. and i don't even remember what the 3rd one is. all terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    I think from my POV, crusader strike being the ultimate in the ret tree is pretty high up there. Leveling as ret was fun... or maybe not.

in vanilla in the ultimate in ret tree was...... repentance. a CC that broke on damage, worst ultimate ever.
    Too cool for a signature

You're all wrong....most poitnless and stupid ability goes to

Path of Blossoms

/Thread
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    they've actually put me off playing my mage. you have to take one of them, and they all just suck. either nerf my mana regen so i have to cast evocation every minute, or put a thing on the floor which i have to stand on for it to be any benefit. and i don't even remember what the 3rd one is. all terrible.
    Incanter's Ward. Basically means you have to almost constantly take damage in order to get most benefit. Actually started to enjoy playing Fire Mage again, as talents they are utterly awful but once you get used to them and accept it I think the overall playstyle is pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    Lacerate. The final talent for Survival Hunters, a melee dot. I think the concept could have been expanded upon though to have one spec dedicated to melee.
    this ^ it was the hunter version of warrior Rend, it was a last tier talent AND it did LESS damage than Rend (level 6 ability? don't remember, very low level anyway)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    If X is % better then Y, Y is bad. I hate that concept with the searing, burning unfathomable energy of a collapsing supergiant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Incanter's Ward. Basically means you have to almost constantly take damage in order to get most benefit. Actually started to enjoy playing Fire Mage again, as talents they are utterly awful but once you get used to them and accept it I think the overall playstyle is pretty nice.
    It may not be top dps, but I take incanters ward, because even with speed increase from evocation, its annoying in a hectic fight to stop "wait.. I gotta evocate!" It sucks when I stopped to do it, then bam something happens for me to move. At least incanters ward has passive 6% and right before an AOE is going to hit, I use it for the buff, since the duration is as long as the cd, ill always have at least some spell power bonus and dont have to stop casting or stand in one spot like a moron.

The Insane
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Earthquake and Thunderstorm. Both are either useless or only have troll value.
    Earthquake yes, that thing seriously needs a major change. But let's be honest, it seems like Blizzard doesn't even know what the hell to do with the thing. Thunderstorm however, is very useful, despite being somewhat gimmicky.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I honestly never found a use for Distract either, I must have been doing it wrong.
    Back when CC was a necessity in Dungeons, a good Rogue needed to know how to use Distract effectively. I can't remember how many times when called upon to Sap, I watched Rogues stealth up in front of a target and get spotted by it, causing a wipe. When used properly, Distract could turn an entire MOB around, allowing a Rogue to stealth up behind the target where his chances of being spotted were pretty slim. Distract also caused pathing NPC's/MOB's to stop in their tracks, allowing some individual CC'ing at that point where the MOB could be handled away from other MOB's. In a crowded area, improved distract just allowed the Rogue to avoid straying to far to do this, though this wasn't a quality of life improvement that had much of a pay-off.
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

The new talent system in MoP isn't so bad, but man... the DK talent tree is horrible.

Wand specilization

aspect of the viper
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

+wand auto-attack damage. And people want to actually go back to that crap, haha.
    It's LeviOsa, not LeviosAR!

Typhoon and Thunderstorm. Ok, they have their uses in PvP and certain people know how to use them in PvE content. But for every 1 person who knows what they're doing, there's 100 fuckwits. It is more frustrating than that dps who runs off and pulls for you.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up you spack cunt.

As far as stupid OP, DKs had quite a few in 3.0, Mark of Blood was hilarious vs. any melee class, and was even worse if any group ever tried raiding a home city, you could heal Thrall from 10% to 100% in one cast. Also I would have loved to see who thought DKs summoning 12 taunting ghouls on aggressive was a good idea, it took the whole expansion to balance that right. Quite a few classes have had one spell rotations at various points too, Arcane Mages come to mind.

As far as stupid useless spells. Guns on Warriors and Rogues, and for some reason they still have the throw/shoot spells, which are just as worthless now as they were in the first place. Seal of Blood on Ret paladins was absolutely insane at the beginning of Wrath, it was supposed to provide higher damage at the cost of self damage, but of course Rets left in on the whole raid and healers just healed through it. And you had to have a Ret paladin in every raid because if someone wasn't judging Wisdom all the casters went OOM.

Keyboard Turner
    Druids had to melee to proc omen of clarity.

Distract was very useful in PvP. I remember chasing flag carriers in WSG and tossing a distract right behind them. Their character would turn completely around and start running straight for me. You could almost see the confusion on the players face.

Tricks of the Trade (apart from the obvious threat redirect) was useful for the damage bonus under certain conditions. Two rogues could trade the buff back and forth for a damage increase without dumping too much threat on another dps. I did 2v2s with a mage and TotT to start off a fight was free dps.

We also used dampen magic in 2v2s.

Amplify magic was handy for fights without high magic damage (Grull's Lair).

Despite the low damage on range attacks for rogues, I still prefer to have something to do when boss mechanics force me to back away or watch a dragon fly over my head.

My vote for useless skills/talents

Detect/Disarm Traps - There are only a few places in the ENTIRE GAME that have disarmable traps. Yes, you can disarm hunter traps in pvp, but you have to be stealth and willing to give up your position when someone sees the trap fall to pieces.

Pick Lock is also in a pretty pathetic place. There was a door in deadmines, and kharazan, and.... that is probably it.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    vanilla wow - reduce cast time on arcane explosion

increase wand damage

and the entire vanilla wow hunter survival tree.
    Increased wand damage was one of the most useful talents leveling up, for priests, anyway. It was effortlessly the fastest way to level, just PWS yourself, dot and wand.

Quote Originally Posted by Trophimus View Post
    Pick Lock is also in a pretty pathetic place. There was a door in deadmines, and kharazan, and.... that is probably it.

Shattered Halls too!