Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
21
... LastLast
  1. #361
    The Patient Conkerzlol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Undercity
    Posts
    215
    I miss the old talent system, it was way more fun than the current brain-dead one we have.
    Warlords of Draenor ALPHA Content + Other Games!

    http://www.youtube.com/conkerzlol

  2. #362
    Hunter survival 31pt talent: Lacerate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkerzlol View Post
    I miss the old talent system, it was way more fun than the current brain-dead one we have.
    You mean the current one that entices you to change talents every single fight to optimize damage instead of running with the same cookie cutter build forever? Sure doesn't sound brain dead to me.
    Shahad , Kevkul , Shaithan
    <Magdalena's pet>

  4. #364
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    You mean the current one that entices you to change talents every single fight to optimize damage instead of running with the same cookie cutter build forever? Sure doesn't sound brain dead to me.
    Not only is it braindead, it also taxes you. Bad system is bad.
    χειμερινός εἰμί

  5. #365
    Off the top of my head was Kalgan messing with arms/fury in BC in an attempt to get players to go full arms. It was just like SL/SL, if you want to get players to swap then you have to kill what makes the spec viable in the first place by shifting the key talents away from hybrid grasp and then buffing the tree to compensate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    You mean the current one that entices you to change talents every single fight to optimize damage instead of running with the same cookie cutter build forever? Sure doesn't sound brain dead to me.
    I am not sure why we have both glyphs and talents at this point. The talent system is effectively glorified glyphs including all the flexibility. I used to swap out glyphs as much as I swap out talents now. Nothing has really been improved except saving some time when respecing and new spells. GC has said that had this talent system come out before duel spec then we might not have gotten duel spec at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Not only is it braindead, it also taxes you. Bad system is bad.
    You need a reagent to change talents even now. Not sure where you are getting that there is not a cost involved. It is like bitching at repair bills.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-01-22 at 11:58 PM.

  6. #366
    Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,608
    Wand Specialization, Lacerate (the hunter version, obviously), that shaman talent that taught them two-handed weapons, the current mage level 90 talents, Shadow of Death (I think that's the name, of that early death knight talent that allowed you to return as a ghoul after you died; it was pretty fun, but broken beyond belief), early version of Scourge Strike, Demonic Sacrifice (the talent itself wasn't bad, useless or stupid, but the fact that this talent, combined with the destruction tree and a succubus, gave birth to the famous "Shadow Bolt spam = win" makes me wish even the succubus had been purged with it).

    There's a lot more I could think of, but I'm pretty sure that they have or will be mentioned sooner or later (much like I'm probably already parroting a lot of stuff other people have mentioned).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  7. #367
    The Patient Jonticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    North Yorkshire, UK!
    Posts
    304
    Everything done to Holy Paladin post-wrath. I have forgiven Blizzard though.

  8. #368
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonticus View Post
    Everything done to Holy Paladin post-wrath. I have forgiven Blizzard though.
    I liked pre-Cata holy Pallys. However, in the time before Cata came out but after the patch for Cata when we got the new abilities Holy Pallys were gods. I literally tanked and healed(at the same time) all the heroics as a holy pally. And in PvP I could tank a near endless amount of people and turn around and throw 5 exorcisms and down someone. Probably the most fun I've had on that Pally.

  9. #369
    The Patient Jonticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    North Yorkshire, UK!
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    I liked pre-Cata holy Pallys. However, in the time before Cata came out but after the patch for Cata when we got the new abilities Holy Pallys were gods. I literally tanked and healed(at the same time) all the heroics as a holy pally. And in PvP I could tank a near endless amount of people and turn around and throw 5 exorcisms and down someone. Probably the most fun I've had on that Pally.
    Oh god I remember that, good times!

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    It's technically more complex but somehow it's easier.
    It's not, really. Many People were new in TBC and hadn't much Add-Ons, Macros or even the Encounter-Awareness trained over years.

    To put it more bluntly, they sucked at the game, thus interpreting content harder.

    I know that i quit in TBC partly because i was bored thanks the lack of engagement in most rotations (plus encounters were alot more
    straight-forward)

  11. #371
    Dreadlord DrMcNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Training with Batman in the Batcave
    Posts
    804
    Every hunter survival talent prior to the remake that finally made it a ranged spec

  12. #372
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Every hunter survival talent prior to the remake that finally made it a ranged spec
    I had fun watching a mele hunter with a thunderfurry pumping out deeps in BC.

  13. #373
    The Patient MORGATH99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    somewhere only she knows
    Posts
    326
    anything from pally side such a stupid and uselless class

  14. #374
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    You'd be naive to say that there haven't been certain styles/aspects of gameplay that are lost now.
    And good riddance to them. Just because they're gone doesn't mean it was good. You seem to think otherwise... tell me again how that's not nostalgia?

  15. #375
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    We're more equipped now. Before they gave you your pile of abilities and said do what you can. Everyone has 3 get out of death free abilities, self heals, DPS buffs, etc. From a healing perspective, I think healing skill was shown off more before. Now each spell has a specific purpose, so you really can't go wrong. Run out of mana? Press this button. Dispel now on a CD. Stuff like that. It is simpler in that the game tell you what to do.
    Dispels with a cool down require you to speak with your group and coordinate rather then spam them. The game hardly tells you what to do in a serious group environment. Have one of your friends who has never played wow. Jump into an arena match or raid. They will do awful. Every spell should have a purpose otherwise there would be no differences between them dude or no reason to use them. We are more equipped because they learned how to make good raids and itemize gear. Gone are the days of putting spirit on tank gear which was pretty dumb from a game development POV.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Wait, we have talent trees?
    They're still talent tree. They have talents on them and you get to choose one out of three each tier. They also give your character bonuses while leveling and are 100% needed at max level to before well. Which is.. progression and that means they are wait for it... talent trees.
    Last edited by worstpvperus; 2014-01-23 at 07:08 AM.

  16. #376
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Aggro management was hard actually. Guessing you never warrior tanked in BC. I stopped tanking the moment they made aggro meaningless.
    For the DPSers or for the tank? Because for DPS, KTM was all that mattered. For the tank, it required some practice, but now, it instead requires re-positioning boss, watching out for a lot of other stuff and using mitigation mechanics which are more complicated than "HIT SHEILD BLOK EVERY 5 (or was it 6?) seconds HURR". Also, tanking was broken, if only because warriors were the only tank class which could deal with all bosses. Cause you know, it's only fair that a pally could not tank Illinoob before overgearing the boss ridiculously, amirite?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Mana management was about deciding whether you should toss that heal or not.
    Hahahahahaha, really? The only decision I made in BC (until SWP) was to either use FoL or HL. With Illumination and pots, mana was relatively easy to manage, and there was very few situations in which you had to actually hit the /stopcasting macro on a HL cast (and man, it was considered 1337 stuff for paladins back then). In SWP, with the emergence of +haste gemming and the (arguably imba) epic alch stone from Shattered Sun, it simply devolved into downranking your HL slightly and spamming it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    And yea, resource management, can't remember the last time I had to look at my rage as a warrior or mana as anything DPS.
    You don't look at your mana as an arcane mage?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Wait, we have talent trees?
    Yes, and you know what, I swapped my talents more often in MOP than in all of BC and LK (and prolly Cata as well) combined.

    BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

  17. #377
    Scarab Lord ringpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Front Range Free Zone
    Posts
    4,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Yes, and you know what, I swapped my talents more often in MOP than in all of BC and LK (and prolly Cata as well) combined.
    Which is by the devs' own admission, a failure of the MoP talent stumps. (Although how they couldn't see it coming I have no idea.)
    Since 9/11 the NSA has spent at least $70,000,000,000 while lying about their own effectiveness. Even if we sweep aside the extensive lawbreaking, ethical problems, economic damage, and abuse of power, the fact remains that the NSA makes us all less secure, running useless mass surveillance, with a handful of successes in other questionably legal programs.

  18. #378
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    And good riddance to them. Just because they're gone doesn't mean it was good. You seem to think otherwise... tell me again how that's not nostalgia?
    Just because you say they weren't good doesn't mean they weren't. It makes the game more simple and boring.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post


    Yes, and you know what, I swapped my talents more often in MOP than in all of BC and LK (and prolly Cata as well) combined.
    It was a trick question. No, we don't have talent trees. We have a handful of abilities to choose. And it really doesn't matter which you choose.
    Seriously, the only rebuttals you guys give are some excuses you make up on the spot. You think you decide what is right just by spouting what you've read.
    Last edited by Brandon138; 2014-01-23 at 01:37 PM.

  19. #379
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Seriously, the only rebuttals you guys give are some excuses you make up on the spot.
    And what are you doing.
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

  20. #380
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And what are you doing.
    Trying to argue logic against non logic. Silly right?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •